Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Using custom sounds Problem =( [SOLVED] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Using custom sounds Problem =( [SOLVED] (/thread-7913.html)

Using custom sounds Problem =( [SOLVED] - Simpanra - 05-09-2011

Hey =) So, i have just downloaded a voice acting track and i have cut it into the pieces i want using final cut, i then exported them into .ogg using Audacity, put them into a sounds folder in my custom story and placed them correctly in my script (using PlaySoundAtEntity functions) but it hasn't played a single one of them =( not one, I realised i might need a .snt version of each sound so i made a copy of each and changed them to .snt and placed them in the same folder in my custom story. Still nothing =( can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? =(

Thanks,

Edd

RE: Using custom sounds Problem =( [HELP PLEASE] - Roenlond - 05-09-2011

.snt files are just lists which says which files to play basically, you can edit the game's .snt files with notepad++ to see how they're built up.

Alternatively, you could use PlayGuiSound to test your sound since that will play .ogg files only, while playsoundatentity needs .snt.

RE: Using custom sounds Problem =( [HELP PLEASE] - Simpanra - 05-09-2011

Thank you =) i will test that now ^_^
(05-09-2011, 06:56 PM)Roenlond Wrote: .snt files are just lists which says which files to play basically, you can edit the game's .snt files with notepad++ to see how they're built up.

Alternatively, you could use PlayGuiSound to test your sound since that will play .ogg files only, while playsoundatentity needs .snt.

What is a good normal volume for a sound file using the PlayGUISound function?
I have tried using the PlayGuiSound function but it doesnt work =/ either than or 10 as volume is too quiet, but i dont think it is =/ The sound just wont play =( Someone please help me,

RE: Using custom sounds Problem =( [HELP PLEASE] - Khyrpa - 05-09-2011

PlayMusic? You have to put them into Music folder instead tho

RE: Using custom sounds Problem =( [HELP PLEASE] - Simpanra - 05-09-2011

(05-09-2011, 07:38 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: PlayMusic? You have to put them into Music folder instead tho

but how would i prevent them form looping? =/

RE: Using custom sounds Problem =( [HELP PLEASE] - Khyrpa - 05-09-2011

There is this thing:
StopMusic(float afFadeTime, int alPrio);
and also:
PlayMusic(string& asMusicFile, bool abLoop, float afVolume, float afFadeTime, int alPrio, bool abResume);

abLoop - determines whether a music track should loop
so just put false in there and it should not loop

RE: Using custom sounds Problem =( [SOLVED] - Simpanra - 05-09-2011

OMG!!!! *Hugs everyone who posted here* It works!!!! =D Thank you so much everyone! =DDDD

Edd,