Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE] (/thread-8270.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE] - Anxt - 06-05-2011

I will look into these issues, I am very sorry for the trouble. I will update as soon as I know anything.

RE: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE] - cook - 06-05-2011

The guest room door doesn't work - renaming your map will fix it - I continued on without problem after resaving the map in the map editor, lab door at end of storage is set to load no map, and a crash is caused upon going to the final area. You missed a left bracket in some of your randfloat checkpoint settings which caused 2 crashes, I believe this was in the guest room and the final fight. After fixing it all, I couldn't finish because I forgot to name the knife properly so I couldn't use it on alex, so I just stopped.

and the soundclip used in the library is horrific, never heard it before, going to use it from now on.

Ok, I went in and fixed a few bugs that you pointed out, and I am very grateful for it.

However, the issue you are having with the storage is one of those crashes that is not an error with the script. It is a full game crash that says "Something is wroooooooong!" right? Unfortunately I have no idea what I can do to fix that, so if somebody here does know, I would be very thankful to learn about it.

I am uploading a patch now, but I haven't changed anything with the Storage file, because there doesn't seem to be one for me. I can't recreate the issue.

Oh, and I also didn't have an error where the game was looking for the file in chapter 1. The error I received said Chapter 3.

RE: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE] - cook - 06-05-2011

I meant at the end of storage the door has "" in the Map File that it's set to load.

RE: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE] - bobbo - 06-05-2011

(06-05-2011, 03:12 PM)Anxt Wrote: It is a full game crash that says "Something is wroooooooong!" right?

Yep. Everything worked well with this door when I was allowed to test the map though.

edit:

This was the GuestRoom error message:

FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file
'custom_stories/Abduction/maps/Ch01/C:/Program Files
(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark
descent/custom_stories/Abduction/maps/Ch03/GuestRoom.hps'!
main (82, 32) . ERR : Expected ';'

This was the Storage error message:

Something is wrooong etc.
Exception Reason
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module
Amnesia.exe at 0023:0054AD8E

I have fixed the issue in the guest room, but I truly do not know how to fix the storage error. I don't get that error when going through it myself Sad

I have found more bugs mostly thanks to cook, and I am working on resolving those issues now.
I have fixed everything I can. I am uploading an update now. I am sorry I can't fix the storage issue, but I truly don't know what is causing it.

RE: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE] - skypeskype - 06-05-2011

(06-05-2011, 03:17 PM)bobbo Wrote:
(06-05-2011, 03:12 PM)Anxt Wrote: It is a full game crash that says "Something is wroooooooong!" right?

Yep. Everything worked well with this door when I was allowed to test the map though.

edit:

This was the GuestRoom error message:

FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file
'custom_stories/Abduction/maps/Ch01/C:/Program Files
(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark
descent/custom_stories/Abduction/maps/Ch03/GuestRoom.hps'!
main (82, 32) . ERR : Expected ';'

This was the Storage error message:

Something is wrooong etc.
Exception Reason
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module
Amnesia.exe at 0023:0054AD8E
Oh god. Thats the error that haunts me when I try to leave the Mine. I hate it. Jens said that he didn't know what it was. Im hopeless now.

RE: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE] - bobbo - 06-05-2011

(06-05-2011, 03:13 PM)cook Wrote: I meant at the end of storage the door has "" in the Map File that it's set to load.

And this doesn't have something to do with it? Sorry if that's a dumb question, nill level design competence on my end.

Nah, that's just another error on my part that is resolved now.
Bug fix patch has been uploaded, now just awaiting authorization from ModDB, I will post again here when it is available.

RE: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE] - Dark Knight - 06-05-2011

Damn. its AVAILABLE! OMFG!!! 135mb.

heheeeeeeee! seems we need replays Chapter 1 and 2, 3ch - NOT standalone. hahaha!!
real fun, for real!!!!!!!Big Grin

-------------
well, joke end, and do we need to copy filders Entities, musci, particles to main dir?

hmm, i have old saves from Ch2. hope them works for now