Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" [UPDATE 7/24/11] FIXED AND READY TO PLAY - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: [WIP] My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" [UPDATE 7/24/11] FIXED AND READY TO PLAY (/thread-8943.html)

Pages: 1 2

My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" [UPDATE 7/24/11] FIXED AND READY TO PLAY - Zypherzemus - 07-04-2011

Demo is Ready to play Big GrinDD
Enjoy Tongue

"Vicarious Insanity" (Demo)

-Added 2 new maps, fixed up the "Boy's Dorm"

-Issues I already know about, texture problems in the Boy's Dorm (I'm being lazy sorry, they'll get fixed eventually)

So yeah, tell me what you think.

Note: You must have Justine installed.

Laterz.

RE: My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" - Greven - 07-04-2011

Pros: The story sounds good and the basic layout of the map has a nice feel to it

Cons: Flickering textures (meaning the textures overlap eachother) Some paintings are 1 dm away from the wall, the painting covering the key is not covering it, no ambient lighting (no dark pointlights), Same music is just repeating (have a little variety)

Some tips: Instead of making the monster appear infront of the player make sounds and noises indicating that "something is here" it gives more of a thrill.

Other than that good first map and looking forward for its release Smile

RE: My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" - Dark Knight - 07-04-2011

Nice story.

bug: after taking last key (where i need to run), my lantern disappears suddenly, and monsters stuck in walls and cant move, music still playing.

[Image: 34603316.th.jpg]

[Image: 24553057.th.jpg]

yes, and that flying candles, cool, but killing me Tongue

what i had to do?

RE: My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" - Zypherzemus - 07-04-2011

(07-04-2011, 07:25 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: Nice story.

bug: after taking last key (where i need to run), my lantern disappears suddenly, and monsters stuck in walls and cant move, music still playing.

[Image: 34603316.th.jpg]

[Image: 24553057.th.jpg]

yes, and that flying candles, cool, but killing me Tongue

what i had to do?

Hmm... Ok, so you not being able to use your lantern is intentional, as for the monsters getting stuck in walls and what not, the "ShowEnemyPlayerPosition" function isn't very reliable unless in an open area, I'm working to fix all the bugs and add another map as we speak.

RE: My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" - Zypherzemus - 07-11-2011

Any motivation? I'm this close (--) from releasing a full demo, I just need some motivation if at all possible
[attachment=1656]
[attachment=1657]
[attachment=1658]

Screenshots anyone?

Like I said, all I need to do is finish one level and add credits, so yeah, Laterz Tongue

RE: My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" - skypeskype - 07-11-2011

Great screens Big Grin. Make the full demo NAOW

RE: My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" - Khyrpa - 07-11-2011

That much lamp entities might be a bit slow for some computers... Also million lamps and the place is pitch black ^^

RE: My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" - Kurton - 07-12-2011

(07-11-2011, 02:51 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: Also million lamps and the place is pitch black ^^

This.

You can do much better with less than half of the lamps you're currently using just by wise use of far-reaching PointLights of similar/darker color around the actual lamps, and end up with a more visible and enjoyable-to-look-at map, with a slower transition from light to dark as opposed to 3 feet of illumination and then pitch black.

RE: My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" - Zypherzemus - 07-13-2011

It "Looks" pitch black, but trust me, it's not Tongue and as for the massive amount of lamps. they'll be used for something later my friends Big Grin

RE: My First Custom Story: "Vicarious Insanity" - Zypherzemus - 07-25-2011

Wow. Ok, guys, I really need a favor to ask, well, it's not really a favor since it MIGHT happen anyway, but tell me If you can get into the "Boy's Dorm" without the game crashing? I'm not sure if it's my computer, the game, the script, I have no idea.. but anyway..

UPDATED:

Things Added:

-2 new maps

-fixed alot of things in the second map (Boy's Dorm)

Things noted:

-(This is the biggest problem) The game might crash when you try and enter the Boy's Dorm, which is totally unfortunate since that's where you have to start

-Sticky walls.. They aren't sticky, it's weird. (Boy's Dorm)

Anyway.. Get back to me on this as soon as possible..

Download Here!