Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Beyond the Mountains of Madness (full conversion) (previously: The Elder Sign) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Beyond the Mountains of Madness (full conversion) (previously: The Elder Sign) (/thread-9468.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The Elder Sign (trilogy) - Ultra Lulz - 08-09-2011

Looks interesting!
I'll be sure to play it when it comes out Big Grin

RE: The Elder Sign (trilogy) - ZyLogicX - 08-16-2011

Major updates in the past week.

Map 1 is completely bug free (grass collision and tree collision is gone, I actually found use for that feature, go figure)
Map 2 is running smooth, still has some water issues. I know basically the layout, but I havent scripted anything yet.

In addition:
Episode 2 - The Elder Sign: Tainted Legacy (not yet announced, neither being worked on at the moment) will presumably be inspired by the story "The Rats in the Wall".
Episode 3 -The Elder Sing: Destiny's End (not yet announced, neither being worked on at the moment) will presumably be inspired by the story "The Call of Cthulhu"

SPECIAL NEWS BREAK:
Ive been thinking of these being a quadrilogy instead of a trilogy, because I have so much more stuff to work with.

Episode 4 - The Elder Sign: "Beyond the Mountains of Madness" will presumably be inspired by the story "The Coulour out of Space" (Supernatural story)

So be sure to check the latest updates here.

RE: The Elder Sign (trilogy) - ZyLogicX - 08-17-2011

The Elder Sign: The Asylum update notes: (build 4)

+Converted to a Full Conversion mod (hell yeah)
+Custom Background (not official yet)
+Custom menu text
+Custom launch logo's

-Diaries are for some reason not opening and starting the voices
-Dev. Commentary is way of the current work.
-Texture collides in a few maps.

RE: Amnesia Full conversion mod The Elder Sign (trilogy) - ZyLogicX - 08-20-2011

The Elder Sign: The Asylum update notes: (build 6)

+Custom Background (final version by Iron Brigade)
+Custom menu text (not finished)
+Custom launch logo added.
+Added music in the main menu.
+Diaries are working and voiced.

-Developer Commentary is not added yet.

Still I think 85% to go

RE: Amnesia Full conversion mod The Elder Sign (trilogy) - ersickerash - 08-23-2011

yeah! a mod based on HP lovecraft,ill love for sure!
Good luck with it! Big Grin

RE: Amnesia Full conversion mod The Elder Sign (trilogy) - ZyLogicX - 09-10-2011

update concerning the mod.
2 members left the development due to shortage of time. This massive project is now led by one member and there is currently 1 tester. Due to this unexpected event the release of this mod will be delayed by 5 months. If any membes decire to return to their work, i will notify the community.

Due to this event there was not alot of progres, and I will return to work on the project on 26 of september. During this period of time, i will develope the etory further and create concepte for the mod, so i can work very quick when i start again

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 09-11-2011

Id like to thank DamnNoHtml for his tutorial about outside environments.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Mosnye - 09-12-2011

Add some pictures so I can scream like a little girl please! Big Grin

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 09-12-2011

(09-12-2011, 05:01 AM)Mosnye Wrote: Add some pictures so I can scream like a little girl please! Big Grin

Well, i will try, but it still needs alo of dev.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Leu Radu - 09-12-2011

I'm curious how you would approach "The colour out of space"... I also love "The rats in the walls", really disturbing story. I really hope this stuff works out well.