Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Beyond the Mountains of Madness (full conversion) (previously: The Elder Sign) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Beyond the Mountains of Madness (full conversion) (previously: The Elder Sign) (/thread-9468.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Stepper321 - 05-17-2012

(05-17-2012, 12:36 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 11:45 AM)Stepper321 Wrote: From what i have seen, it's only a full conversion for the damn flashlight?
My story is based quality, not quantity. Revealing unrevealed details about my story will ruin the game completetly.
Can i just ask if it's gonna use any other custom models?

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Eliphas - 05-17-2012

Looks interesting ! I always wanted to play a custom story inspired by Lovecraftian stories, mainly if they are elaborated and observe the basic requirements of a Lovecraftian scenario. Good luck to you, sir !

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 05-17-2012

(05-17-2012, 01:01 PM)Stepper321 Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 11:45 AM)Stepper321 Wrote: From what i have seen, it's only a full conversion for the damn flashlight?
My story is based quality, not quantity. Revealing unrevealed details about my story will ruin the game completetly.
Short answer: "Yes"

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Stepper321 - 05-17-2012

(05-17-2012, 01:24 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote:
Ok, then it's gonna be a download for me.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 05-17-2012

(05-17-2012, 01:57 PM)Stepper321 Wrote:
Not sure why your support for a story is affected by the number of custom models. I can understand that seeing the same objects for a certain amount of time can get very boring. But rest assured, even without any custom models, my story would definitely out-stand in terms of game design, story, and environment.
I don't think there are alot of people that have ever put so much detail and storytelling in a Amnesia-mod, while still keeping the overall 'survival-horror' vibe.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Bridge - 05-17-2012

(05-17-2012, 04:59 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 12:36 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: My story is based quality, not quantity. Revealing unrevealed details about my story will ruin the game completetly.
Not sure why your support for a story is affected by the number of custom models. I can understand that seeing the same objects for a certain amount of time can get very boring. But rest assured, even without any custom models, my story would definitely out-stand in terms of game design, story, and environment.
I don't think there are alot of people that have ever put so much detail and storytelling in a Amnesia-mod, while still keeping the overall 'survival-horror' vibe.
With only 15% completed? Come on, finish at least half of it before you start talking about how superior your custom story is...

Also why is the first part the exact same as the beginning to Call of Cthulhu: DCotE, and why are you using the same character if you made condescending remarks about that game? I would say, judging by what we have seen and read so far, that your CS is more inspired by DCotE than by Lovecraft's stories and yet you say your mod is "as Lovecraft intended". Also if you want to make a CS based on The Shadow Over Innsmouth then you have to have human NPCs. I don't know how easily it can be done in HPL2, but why do you say your game won't have human NPCs because Lovecraft didn't touch on humans when his stories are centrally based around humans and TSoI even has many ostensibly human characters in it?

Anyway I wish you the best of luck in creating this, at least you are putting a lot of effort into it which is great.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 05-18-2012

(05-17-2012, 08:38 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 01:01 PM)Stepper321 Wrote: Can i just ask if it's gonna use any other custom models?
With only 15% completed? Come on, finish at least half of it before you start talking about how superior your custom story is...

Also why is the first part the exact same as the beginning to Call of Cthulhu: DCotE, and why are you using the same character if you made condescending remarks about that game? I would say, judging by what we have seen and read so far, that your CS is more inspired by DCotE than by Lovecraft's stories and yet you say your mod is "as Lovecraft intended". Also if you want to make a CS based on The Shadow Over Innsmouth then you have to have human NPCs. I don't know how easily it can be done in HPL2, but why do you say your game won't have human NPCs because Lovecraft didn't touch on humans when his stories are centrally based around humans and TSoI even has many ostensibly human characters in it?

Anyway I wish you the best of luck in creating this, at least you are putting a lot of effort into it which is great.
Criticism is great... but as always, people come to a conclusion based on a lack of knowledge. I would love to share details with you, but I am afraid people will (and they will) steal them, making my story almost drown.

(05-18-2012, 06:54 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 08:38 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 01:24 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Short answer: "Yes"

I would like to give you some advice.
Next time you give someone any kind of 'criticism', make sure you actually reply to them with constructive-criticism; simply galloring everything you may 'hate' can easily be adressed if you actually give the constructor some 'constructive-criticism'. Tell them what they could improve, and they may consider it.

This creates both clarity and motivation for the future of certain projects.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 05-18-2012

Stay tuned people; a new The Elder Sign: The Asylum trailer is coming up

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Bridge - 05-19-2012

(05-18-2012, 06:54 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: I would like to give you some advice.
Next time you give someone any kind of 'criticism', make sure you actually reply to them with constructive-criticism; simply galloring everything you may 'hate' can easily be adressed if you actually give the constructor some 'constructive-criticism'. Tell them what they could improve, and they may consider it.

This creates both clarity and motivation for the future of certain projects.
There's nothing to criticize dude. I can't give you any constructive criticism if the project is only 15% completed and you haven't shown anything yet. I was merely pointing out that 1) you were using ideas and a character from a video game that you spoke negatively of and 2) you quite unfairly dismissed somebody's question (whether there will be any human NPCs) on the grounds that H.P. Lovecraft stories don't deal with humans, when they are the most important aspect of them. Yes, there are stories where there is only a protagonist and nobody else but most of them have other human characters and dialogue, even if they are sometimes only mentioned in passing.

I wasn't trying to bash your project, in fact I am curious how it will turn out. However, saying your custom story is far superior to all others when you have only completed 15% is really arrogant and douchy.

EDIT: Your signature has been updated so it says the project is 45% completed. I just wanted to mention that so you don't ignore all of my points and focus only on the percentage.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Traggey - 05-19-2012

(05-18-2012, 10:31 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Stay tuned people; a new The Elder Sign: The Asylum trailer is coming up

Informative trailer is informative. I aprove.