Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Beyond the Mountains of Madness (full conversion) (previously: The Elder Sign) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Beyond the Mountains of Madness (full conversion) (previously: The Elder Sign) (/thread-9468.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 05-19-2012

(05-19-2012, 07:40 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 06:54 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: I would like to give you some advice.
Next time you give someone any kind of 'criticism', make sure you actually reply to them with constructive-criticism; simply galloring everything you may 'hate' can easily be adressed if you actually give the constructor some 'constructive-criticism'. Tell them what they could improve, and they may consider it.

This creates both clarity and motivation for the future of certain projects.
There's nothing to criticize dude. I can't give you any constructive criticism if the project is only 15% completed and you haven't shown anything yet. I was merely pointing out that 1) you were using ideas and a character from a video game that you spoke negatively of and 2) you quite unfairly dismissed somebody's question (whether there will be any human NPCs) on the grounds that H.P. Lovecraft stories don't deal with humans, when they are the most important aspect of them. Yes, there are stories where there is only a protagonist and nobody else but most of them have other human characters and dialogue, even if they are sometimes only mentioned in passing.

I wasn't trying to bash your project, in fact I am curious how it will turn out. However, saying your custom story is far superior to all others when you have only completed 15% is really arrogant and douchy.

EDIT: Your signature has been updated so it says the project is 45% completed. I just wanted to mention that so you don't ignore all of my points and focus only on the percentage.
I don't know if you have been reading the 'kids' version of H.P. Lovecraft's works, but it most definitely does not appear that there are any humans (as we know them) are in his stories.

I didn't speak negatively about Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of The Earth; I said that it is loosely based on "The Shadow over Innsmouth" (which is 100% accurate). I have only used the basic concept of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of The Earth-- which include the protagonist (Jack Walters)

Anyhow, I think it's 100% fair that I can optimistic about my story. People that have 'passion' will never be understood by people with no 'passion'.

This story has been in development for almost 1 year; everything you see is completely constructed by me.
The reason why you find my story 'lacking' information, is because the matter of 'stealing'.

If I weren't so passionate, I would have already quit this forum because of the numerous reactions I get like this.

The story is now too big for me to quit, I was hoping this community of people would respect each others opinions and works, but clearly, it is not.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - SilentStriker - 05-19-2012

(05-18-2012, 10:31 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Stay tuned people; a new The Elder Sign: The Asylum trailer is coming up

The answer is: A secret!

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 05-19-2012

(05-19-2012, 07:56 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 10:31 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Stay tuned people; a new The Elder Sign: The Asylum trailer is coming up

Informative trailer is informative. I aprove.
Hey look, if ya don't like it, please just move along... I don't like people making fun of other people's work; especially not from a '1 out of a million Amnesia let's player.' So please, just leave me be...

(05-19-2012, 08:05 PM)SilentStriker Wrote:

The answer is: A secret!
You are actually the first person to give me the right answer... my friend's couldn't figure it out aswell...

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Statyk - 05-19-2012

(05-19-2012, 08:10 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote:
(05-19-2012, 07:56 PM)Traggey Wrote: Informative trailer is informative. I aprove.
Hey look, if ya don't like it, please just move along... I don't like people making fun of other people's work; especially not from a '1 out of a million Amnesia let's player.' So please, just leave me be...

Hey hey now, no need to hit that blow =[ He wasn't making fun of it, just kind of pointing out that it doesn't give much away (Which is what I'm assuming is the point). In my case, I would be thinking of this story as a mix between Elder Scrolls and Batman right now... I'm quite confused as to what's going on but hey, all will be explained later I suppose.

As for the riddle, my guess is a girlfriend. (trololol)

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Bridge - 05-20-2012

(05-19-2012, 08:05 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: I don't know if you have been reading the 'kids' version of H.P. Lovecraft's works, but it most definitely does not appear that there are any humans (as we know them) are in his stories.

???

No humans? Of the stories I've read, almost all of them have had protagonists or narrators. His stories are based centrally on the concept of how insignificant humans are. Just a quick example from the beginning of Shadow Over Innsmouth:
Lovecraft Wrote:In Newburyport
they told me that the steam train was the thing to take to Arkham; and
it was only at the station ticket-office, when I demurred at the high
fare, that I learned about Innsmouth. The stout, shrewd-faced agent,
whose speech shewed him to be no local man, seemed sympathetic toward
my efforts at economy, and made a suggestion that none of my other informants
had offered.

"You could take
that old bus, I suppose," he said with a certain hesitation, "but it
ain't thought much of hereabouts. It goes through Innsmouth - you may
have heard about that - and so the people don't like it. Run by an Innsmouth
fellow - Joe Sargent - but never gets any custom from here, or Arkham
either, I guess. Wonder it keeps running at all. I s'pose it's cheap
enough, but I never see mor'n two or three people in it - nobody but
those Innsmouth folk. Leaves the square - front of Hammond's Drug Store
- at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. unless they've changed lately. Looks like a
terrible rattletrap - I've never been on it."
If that's not your definition of human characters and dialogue then I don't know what is.

Also dude you need to grow some thicker skin if you think my comments were hateful and dissuasive. I meant no ill will at all, I was just observing some rather obvious contradictions and voicing some concerns.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Eliphas - 06-08-2012

I'm curious about the progress of the project, any news for us ?

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - clock123 - 06-19-2012

tip for the beta footage video ( second ) : do something with the torches outside, because fire wont keep existing for long if water is interuppting it ( the rain drops should put out the torches , unless there's something ontop of it.)

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 06-20-2012

(06-19-2012, 01:13 PM)clock123 Wrote: tip for the beta footage video ( second ) : do something with the torches outside, because fire wont keep existing for long if water is interuppting it ( the rain drops should put out the torches , unless there's something ontop of it.)
What makes you think I have put torches in there?

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - clock123 - 06-20-2012

(06-20-2012, 04:49 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote:
(06-19-2012, 01:13 PM)clock123 Wrote: tip for the beta footage video ( second ) : do something with the torches outside, because fire wont keep existing for long if water is interuppting it ( the rain drops should put out the torches , unless there's something ontop of it.)
What makes you think I have put torches in there?
because i can see a torch outside , surviving the water drops at part 0:34 . but my mistake if it's not.

awsome story though!

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Xss - 07-04-2012

I really don't know how the frigg I managed to skip this topic: as a huge Lovecraft fan I wish the best for this project, creating cosmic terror is not something easy but it can be achieved I guess. Can't wait for its release! Smile
If you ever need some voice acting, could I participate? (Lovecraft fan going somewhat over-enthusiastic here)