Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Beyond the Mountains of Madness (full conversion) (previously: The Elder Sign) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Beyond the Mountains of Madness (full conversion) (previously: The Elder Sign) (/thread-9468.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 07-05-2012

(07-04-2012, 06:08 PM)Xss Wrote: I really don't know how the frigg I managed to skip this topic: as a huge Lovecraft fan I wish the best for this project, creating cosmic terror is not something easy but it can be achieved I guess. Can't wait for its release! Smile
If you ever need some voice acting, could I participate? (Lovecraft fan going somewhat over-enthusiastic here)
It has to be carefully created.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - MaZiCUT - 07-05-2012

(07-29-2011, 12:23 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: engine: HPL2 mod for Amnesia: The Dark Descent
orly? I thaught it was going to run on HPL1

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Kman - 07-05-2012

(07-05-2012, 10:36 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(07-05-2012, 10:12 PM)GeneralGregsworth Wrote:
(07-29-2011, 12:23 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: engine: HPL2 mod for Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Was there really any need for that? It's called being informative.
Oh come on, he was just poking a little fun Tongue

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 07-06-2012

If you don't like it, please move along. I am not getting into another unnecessary debate about irrelevant subjects.
Good replies create motivation; yours don't.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - MaZiCUT - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 12:31 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote:
If you don't like it, please move along. I am not getting into another unnecessary debate about irrelevant subjects.
I didn't hit a nerve did i? I mean seriously there is nothing positive or offending in my reply.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Statyk - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 12:31 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote:
He was being sarcastic. Assuming you posted your story HERE, it's already suggested that your custom story runs on the HPL2 with Amnesia. It's an unnecessary "feature". I've noticed you have been a bit defensive to anyone being rude/not positive. You're going to get them everywhere, don't get so defensive. It seems like more and more people here are growing intolerable to opinions not relevant to theirs and it's getting old. Not EVERYONE is going to fall in love with your stuff, so please step down from your high pedestal and stop shooting down anyone negative. I have gotten it plenty of times, but I listen to what they have to say. Arguing back will only make you look worse, you know? In my honest opinion, I figured that "feature" was kind of irrelevant, and possibly used to fill space for features you couldn't think of. I'm not getting into an argument here, but I'm not going to just leave the thread without telling you to cool your jets. Please. We're all as hard working as you, if not, some of us are more hard working at our stories, but we do not boast it. So please remain modest so you don't get snark remarks back.

This is all I'm saying. You have to cool down with the overly-defensive behavior and high-thinking. Or else people are just going to turn away from any of your work.

(07-06-2012, 05:01 PM)Statyk Wrote: He was being sarcastic. Assuming you posted your story HERE, it's already suggested that your custom story runs on the HPL2 with Amnesia. It's an unnecessary "feature". I've noticed you have been a bit defensive to anyone being rude/not positive. You're going to get them everywhere, don't get so defensive. It seems like more and more people here are growing intolerable to opinions not relevant to theirs and it's getting old. Not EVERYONE is going to fall in love with your stuff, so please step down from your high pedestal and stop shooting down anyone negative. I have gotten it plenty of times, but I listen to what they have to say. Arguing back will only make you look worse, you know? In my honest opinion, I figured that "feature" was kind of irrelevant, and possibly used to fill space for features you couldn't think of. I'm not getting into an argument here, but I'm not going to just leave the thread without telling you to cool your jets. Please. We're all as hard working as you, if not, some of us are more hard working at our stories, but we do not boast it. So please remain modest so you don't get snark remarks back.

This is all I'm saying. You have to cool down with the overly-defensive behavior and high-thinking. Or else people are just going to turn away from any of your work.
Thanks, and yeah people should really stop being like this:

Hai guys i make new custom stori very nice, i post screenshots!

Critique: The rooms are kinda empty, and that bed makes no sense

OP: WADAFAK!?! U NO LIKE? U NO LIKE? YOU MUST LIKE! ITS AGAINST THE RULES TO GIVE ME THAT HEAVY CRITISM! GOD YOU HIT MY HEART WITH A SPEAR!!!

That was just an example but there is people who is over-defensive for the slightest critism.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Statyk - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 06:05 PM)GeneralGregsworth Wrote: Thanks, and yeah people should really stop being like this:

OP: WADAFAK!?! U NO LIKE? U NO LIKE? YOU MUST LIKE! ITS AGAINST THE RULES TO GIVE ME THAT HEAVY CRITISM! GOD YOU HIT MY HEART WITH A SPEAR!!!

That was just an example but there is people who is over-defensive for the slightest critism.
Just a LIIIITTTTLLLEEE exaggerated, but yeah.

(07-06-2012, 06:39 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 06:05 PM)GeneralGregsworth Wrote: Thanks, and yeah people should really stop being like this:

Just a LIIIITTTTLLLEEE exaggerated, but yeah.
I am not open for that kind of critism! SAY SOMETHING NICE OR GO AWAY!

Tongue

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 06:05 PM)GeneralGregsworth Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 05:01 PM)Statyk Wrote: He was being sarcastic. Assuming you posted your story HERE, it's already suggested that your custom story runs on the HPL2 with Amnesia. It's an unnecessary "feature". I've noticed you have been a bit defensive to anyone being rude/not positive. You're going to get them everywhere, don't get so defensive. It seems like more and more people here are growing intolerable to opinions not relevant to theirs and it's getting old. Not EVERYONE is going to fall in love with your stuff, so please step down from your high pedestal and stop shooting down anyone negative. I have gotten it plenty of times, but I listen to what they have to say. Arguing back will only make you look worse, you know? In my honest opinion, I figured that "feature" was kind of irrelevant, and possibly used to fill space for features you couldn't think of. I'm not getting into an argument here, but I'm not going to just leave the thread without telling you to cool your jets. Please. We're all as hard working as you, if not, some of us are more hard working at our stories, but we do not boast it. So please remain modest so you don't get snark remarks back.

Thanks, and yeah people should really stop being like this:

You're out of place; If you don't like something about it, maybe you could suggest something that could (possibly) make it better--this is called constructive-criticism.

And for the record: that sentence has been on here for almost a year, and now somebody mentions it?

People on this forum have to realise that replies (positive) create motivation--thus actively continuing work. It gives me a goal to bring out the mod--because that way, I know somebody out there really wants to play it.
How can I do that when 9/10 of the replies I get is either sarcasm or negative.

You were/are eager about this mod (assuming you clicked on this thread), but on the same time, you don't give me any reason whatsoever to actually 'enjoy' working on this mod.

And for everbody in general that is still going to comment on this matter:
"This is my first modification I have ever done for a video game. Be aware that quality stands above quantity for me. I want to create something that everybody can agree on that a lot of work was putten into it"

I will not start another debate like this(with future replies)-- I will however gladly continue the debate that has already been started.

There once was a time that Martin Luther King's wife suggested that they should keep all the money for themselves that Martin received with his campaign to close the gap between his people and the rest.

Martin Luther King said:
"The cause is bigger than me."

It the exact same thing here: "The cause is bigger than me."
I can't stop developing the mod, because too much time has been put in.