Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Beyond the Mountains of Madness (full conversion) (previously: The Elder Sign) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Beyond the Mountains of Madness (full conversion) (previously: The Elder Sign) (/thread-9468.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - MaZiCUT - 07-06-2012

Don't take any of that as something offensive okay?

Your story seems great and all, i'm just categorized as either "newbie" or "troll" on this forum, and i like the way it is Tongue

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Gunzo - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 06:05 PM)GeneralGregsworth Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 05:01 PM)Statyk Wrote: He was being sarcastic. Assuming you posted your story HERE, it's already suggested that your custom story runs on the HPL2 with Amnesia. It's an unnecessary "feature". I've noticed you have been a bit defensive to anyone being rude/not positive. You're going to get them everywhere, don't get so defensive. It seems like more and more people here are growing intolerable to opinions not relevant to theirs and it's getting old. Not EVERYONE is going to fall in love with your stuff, so please step down from your high pedestal and stop shooting down anyone negative. I have gotten it plenty of times, but I listen to what they have to say. Arguing back will only make you look worse, you know? In my honest opinion, I figured that "feature" was kind of irrelevant, and possibly used to fill space for features you couldn't think of. I'm not getting into an argument here, but I'm not going to just leave the thread without telling you to cool your jets. Please. We're all as hard working as you, if not, some of us are more hard working at our stories, but we do not boast it. So please remain modest so you don't get snark remarks back.

This is all I'm saying. You have to cool down with the overly-defensive behavior and high-thinking. Or else people are just going to turn away from any of your work.
Thanks, and yeah people should really stop being like this:

Hai guys i make new custom stori very nice, i post screenshots!

Critique: The rooms are kinda empty, and that bed makes no sense

OP: WADAFAK!?! U NO LIKE? U NO LIKE? YOU MUST LIKE! ITS AGAINST THE RULES TO GIVE ME THAT HEAVY CRITISM! GOD YOU HIT MY HEART WITH A SPEAR!!!

That was just an example but there is people who is over-defensive for the slightest critism.
Your writing it like he freaked out. All he really told you was to move along if you didnt like it. But of course you didnt which proves how mature you are.

(07-06-2012, 08:08 PM)Gunzo Wrote: Your writing it like he freaked out. All he really told you was to move along if you didnt like it. But of course you didnt which proves how mature you are.
Who the hell are you to judge how mature i am based on a reply? That's like saying Amnesia sucks cause it's too dark.

And i didn't write it as if he wrote it, i wasn't even targeting it at anyone, it was just an example of over-defensive forum user.

Just prooves to me that some people like you are just "ignorant", but no it is not up to me to judge that.

And go back on-topic alredy, just because i posted a reply for fun doesen't mean that people should keep replying to that as if it was some big disaster. The OP probably wants attention to his story instead.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - Statyk - 07-06-2012

Hey, great idea here.

Let's stop fighting?

Let the guy continue his work, and though I say I agree you must be putting lots of attention into this, don't assume you're putting more effort into yours than anyone else has. I understand you're newer to it, but the work output is equal for everyone. Someone who has been here for years could output work worse than a newcomer. I practically completely 3D model my [newer] maps and I don't say I am working harder than others. It's about work output according to creators' styles and capabilities. But anyway, continue going, I'd be happy to play something with effort put into it.

(07-06-2012, 08:54 PM)Statyk Wrote: Hey, great idea here.

Let's stop fighting?

Let the guy continue his work, and though I say I agree you must be putting lots of attention into this, don't assume you're putting more effort into yours than anyone else has. I understand you're newer to it, but the work output is equal for everyone. Someone who has been here for years could output work worse than a newcomer. I practically completely 3D model my [newer] maps and I don't say I am working harder than others. It's about work output according to creators' styles and capabilities. But anyway, continue going, I'd be happy to play something with effort put into it.
[Image: 30.png]

By the way could you take a look at my thread again, having new problems Tongue

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - The Rock Worm - 07-08-2012

How's your Elder Sign Trilogy coming along? Now I haven't read any of the books that are part of/bases for your chapters, but will the Shoggoth be in the game? I've heard its mentioned in "The Shadow over Innsmouth".

I only ask because, after reading "At the Mountains of Madness" I've come to like the Shoggoths.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 07-08-2012

(07-08-2012, 05:29 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: How's your Elder Sign Trilogy coming along? Now I haven't read any of the books that are part of/bases for your chapters, but will the Shoggoth be in the game? I've heard its mentioned in "The Shadow over Innsmouth".

I only ask because, after reading "At the Mountains of Madness" I've come to like the Shoggoths.
H.P. Lovecraft's "Shadow over Innsmouth" and "The Thing on the Doorstep" merely mentions the existence of "Shoggoths"--though never appeared directly in these.

"At the Mountains of Madness" is still the only story today that visually represents a so called "Shoggoth"
Thus it will not be in the first Elder Sign (The Asylum; changing the name soon)
It will possibly appear in The Elder Sign- Episode 3 (At the Mountains of Madness?)

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - The Rock Worm - 07-08-2012

(07-08-2012, 10:43 AM)ZyLogicX Wrote:
(07-08-2012, 05:29 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: How's your Elder Sign Trilogy coming along? Now I haven't read any of the books that are part of/bases for your chapters, but will the Shoggoth be in the game? I've heard its mentioned in "The Shadow over Innsmouth".

H.P. Lovecraft's "Shadow over Innsmouth" and "The Thing on the Doorstep" merely mentions the existence of "Shoggoths"--though never appeared directly in these.

"At the Mountains of Madness" is still the only story today that visually represents a so called "Shoggoth"
Thus it will not be in the first Elder Sign (The Asylum; changing the name soon)
It will possibly appear in The Elder Sign- Episode 3 (At the Mountains of Madness?)
Thank you, that's good to know.Makes since the Shoggoth were directly seen in the Mountains of Madness since that's were the Elder Things Primarily lived.

I wish you luck in making your chapters, I look forward to playing them.

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 07-13-2012

Q4 2012

RE: Amnesia The Elder Sign (trilogy) (full conversion) - ZyLogicX - 02-03-2013

As most of you probably know, the release of The Elder Sign: The Asylum was supposed to be this summer 2012, I pushed it back to Q4 2012, but as you probably know by now, I wasn't able to release it at the time.

I have been working across various wiki's on the wikia.com website, and that has somewhat surpassed my motivation on working on this mod.

I also wasn't motivated enough, because of the poor population growth of the mod. However, I am dedicated to finish this mod, and I will release it in 2013. More specific, it will be released either summer 2013 or late 2013.

Please, share this mod in whatever way possible! and please, keep commenting on both the forum thread and on moddb.

Take care,

ZyLogic