Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Illumination [Underwater Demonstration Video] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Illumination [Underwater Demonstration Video] (/thread-9563.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Illumination [TEASER TRAILER] - Tanshaydar - 08-04-2011

I really hope it'll be good.
Make it to a weekend release then! I don't want to wait to play after it's finished Sad

RE: Illumination [Updates] - Kyle - 08-05-2011

Update Details:

Spoiler below!

Fully functional underwater effects that allows the player to be underwater. It was definately some complicated scripting that required much more from me that I ever gave to scripting. Instead of relying on AngelScript, I took a chance at using some more advanced data transfering way from C++. Surprisingly, it worked perfectly, yet I had no idea it would work. I am still currently working on a sort of bobbing effect and swimming. I also had to add a certain amount of time that the player can stay underwater by setting the amount of time to 1 minute. After 40 seconds, the player starts recieving damage but once they run out of oxygen, the player dies. So this prevents players from drinking laudanum which could allow the player to stay underwater for longer. It is rather interesting that it appears that nobody has yet completely done this... Yet now I have. Smile

RE: Illumination [Updates] - MrCookieh - 08-05-2011

Underwater? Sweeet!

RE: Illumination [Updates] - xtron - 08-05-2011

wooot nice Kyle! WIN

RE: Illumination [Updates] - Kyle - 08-08-2011

Thanks guys. Smile

I think I'm going to have to split up the first map into multiple ones if I add to it any more because I got 636 lines of code and 1,518 objects for it already. xD

RE: Illumination [Updates] - RawkBandMan - 08-10-2011

I saw this and I thought it was called Illuminati.

Sounds great. Eagerly awaiting!

RE: Illumination [Updates] - Kyle - 08-10-2011

(08-10-2011, 02:49 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I saw this and I thought it was called Illuminati.

Sounds great. Eagerly awaiting!

Spoiler maybe?

Spoiler below!

Actually, I was thinking about having it based off the Illuminati, hence the name, but I also wanted to include other elements of scariness in it. Perhaps cannibals? xD

RE: Illumination [Updates] - AlexRobillard - 08-10-2011

Underwater!?

Finally, I never thought it was possbile!
I am going to play the shit out of this, please make a demo!

RE: Illumination [Updates] - Kyle - 08-11-2011

Just included a underwater demonstration video under "Videos" section. Enjoy, and don't forget to watch in HD! Smile

Comments? Concerns? Ask!

(08-10-2011, 10:20 PM)AlexRobillard Wrote: Underwater!?

Finally, I never thought it was possbile!
I am going to play the shit out of this, please make a demo!

Sorry, no demo. It all takes time and making a demo would only delay release date. Tongue

RE: Illumination [Underwater Demonstration Video] - Selyp - 09-15-2011

Still working on this?