Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Was Amnesia your first horror game?
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Was Amnesia your first horror game?

My first horror was Dino Crysis on the PS1, not sure if it's classed as a horror, but it was still really scary back then Tongue

Think A Little, Change A Lot
10-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Find
securit Offline

Threads: 1

Amnesia was my first horror game.

I like interesting game mechanics, and though I had seen some good Steam friend reviews the unarmed and defenceless mechanic is what sold it to me.
10-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Find
Jazstar Offline

Threads: 5

Amnesia was my first horror game - flash games not counting - but it won't be my last. I'm planning to buy the Penumbra games too ^^
10-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Find
zim of rite Offline

Threads: 0

Amnesia was my first horror game, I recently played Dead Space and didn't find it scary at all compared to my experience with Amnesia. I've played several other horror games which made me jump, but couldn't really compare with Amnesia.
10-25-2011, 04:24 AM
Find
thatsnotsexy Offline

Threads: 1

Nightmare house 2 was my first horror game. That and Resident Evil 4; even though they both have guns involved Nightmare house definitely was scary in different way...
10-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Find
Sennep Offline

Threads: 6

Amnesia is the second horror game i've ever played. The first was Plants Versus Zombies. Damn, that was scary...
11-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Find
Savara Offline

Threads: 0

I used to play something called... I think it was simply called 'Nightmare' way back in the DOS/Windows 3.11 age (it was a compilation CD with all sorts of emulator games) so I suppose that was my first horror game (It always crashed after about 20 minutes so that was that).

Amnesia is the first one I'm really into, though. If only I can encourage myself to get past the prison part! All the posts here saying it's the scariest part of the game means that I can't even start it Tongue Haven't even seen a monster in there so far but every time I try to play I walk a few steps in game and simply quit...
11-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Find
GetAgrippa Offline

Threads: 2

A few years ago I bought a gaming device called the Novint Falcon, it was pretty cool. It simulated textures and weights with a handle device. Anyway, I plugged that in and a list of free games appeared. Most of them were arcade games, but one of them was called "Penumbra Overture". I had no idea what it was about, but I started it up. 15 minutes into the game I hear something kill a man above me and drag him away, it took a few hours of self motivating to start that up again. Rolleyes

If Fate frowns, we all perish.
11-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I said, that my first horror game was Penumbra. Yes, but I played "SHADE: Wrath Of Angels" before.
But Penumbra was the first horror game I really enjoyed. If I would make a game it would be like Penumbra Overture.
11-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-20-2011, 09:42 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: My first horror was Dino Crysis on the PS1, not sure if it's classed as a horror, but it was still really scary back then Tongue

> dino crysis
> horror

Excuse me? xD

As for the subj: first horror game was D, I guess. Or may be it was the Silent Hill, simply because the latter is a real survival horror game . Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark, etc etc - it is all survival adventure.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2011, 01:53 PM by Kein.)
11-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Find