Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?
peckinpah1976 Offline

Threads: 2
Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

I've been playing this for a couple of days now and I'm not sure if there's a glitch or if what I'm encountering is part of the game:-

When collecting the third diary extract in the archive, the flashback about being trapped in the dark begins but then the light in the distance doesn't appear and the screen just stays black until I'm forced to hit esc and then exit. I've got around this by either not collecting it at all (presumably causing completion isuues later on?) or leaving the collection of the first extract until last (meaning the flashback occurs in a different room) but that's not how it's supposed to work, surely?

Assuming I get past this section, I then encounter similar flashback problems in the lab (second room, cannister in desk cupboard) but this only happens intermittently and then in the wine celler after collecting the first chemical I can't move the rubble from the doorway (trapping me permanently).

Am I being thick here; is it part of the game and because I'm doing things out of sequence I'm being indirectly killed or is this a glitch/incompatability problem?

Any help would be much appreciated, as despite these frustrations I'm greatly enjoying the game.

Thanks,

Peckinpah1976
10-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Find
blend Offline

RE: Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Youre supposed to go into the light, I think.
10-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Find
peckinpah1976 Offline

(10-12-2011, 02:21 PM)blend Wrote: Youre supposed to go into the light, I think.
Yeah, I get that but the light doesn't appear.... Huh
10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Looks like a valid bug to me.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Find
peckinpah1976 Offline

Reinstalled the game and it's fine now, yay!

Currently in the storage area; don't think I'll sleep tonight....
10-13-2011, 01:33 AM
Find