Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
24-Hour Custom Story Challenge
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13
RE: 24-Hour Custom Story Challenge

(11-30-2011, 06:40 AM)kman Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 05:12 AM)Mikhail Wrote: Finished it! It's 11:10 pm in EST, so there's still 50 min to midnight, right?

I have to be honest, it took me 25hs. It had too many bugs by the time I finished with scripting, and it took me a while to fix them. I think there's still one I didn't fix, but it's nothing important. Just don't throw anything through the hatch in the attic. Other than that, there are just a few things that I didn't have the time to do... I still like it though. This was about doing something quick, right?

http://www.mediafire.com/?wimhyy4jbj9ebhh

I hope it's good enough. It's practicaly my first released map.

Russ, the change of map at the end is done by a script on the .hps file. Look at the end of the file, it's the last function. I would recommend not to open the .map file, otherwise the skybox and one of the billboards will disappear. If you do open it, just send me a pm and I'll give you the position, color and size for the billboard. The skybox just needs you to locate the file it uses (textures/envmaps/Sin título-22.dds).

EDIT: Ohh! About the name. Call it... "Echoes of the past". Is there any custom story released with that name?

Oh... don't know how to break this to you but, midnight YESTERDAY was the due date... I really hope yours still gets included though Sad come on cry, you can except one a day late right?

Edit: I checked the OP and saw it on the list, so nevermind
I'm not a huge jerk like that - of course I'd let it slide. :]

11-30-2011, 06:49 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(11-30-2011, 06:49 AM)Cryaotic Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 06:40 AM)kman Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 05:12 AM)Mikhail Wrote: Finished it! It's 11:10 pm in EST, so there's still 50 min to midnight, right?

I have to be honest, it took me 25hs. It had too many bugs by the time I finished with scripting, and it took me a while to fix them. I think there's still one I didn't fix, but it's nothing important. Just don't throw anything through the hatch in the attic. Other than that, there are just a few things that I didn't have the time to do... I still like it though. This was about doing something quick, right?

http://www.mediafire.com/?wimhyy4jbj9ebhh

I hope it's good enough. It's practicaly my first released map.

Russ, the change of map at the end is done by a script on the .hps file. Look at the end of the file, it's the last function. I would recommend not to open the .map file, otherwise the skybox and one of the billboards will disappear. If you do open it, just send me a pm and I'll give you the position, color and size for the billboard. The skybox just needs you to locate the file it uses (textures/envmaps/Sin título-22.dds).

EDIT: Ohh! About the name. Call it... "Echoes of the past". Is there any custom story released with that name?

Oh... don't know how to break this to you but, midnight YESTERDAY was the due date... I really hope yours still gets included though Sad come on cry, you can except one a day late right?

Edit: I checked the OP and saw it on the list, so nevermind
I'm not a huge jerk like that - of course I'd let it slide. :]
CRY ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U B SO AWESOME BRO?

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2011, 07:04 AM by Kman.)
11-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Website Find
Mikhail Offline

Threads: 0

(11-30-2011, 06:40 AM)kman Wrote: Oh... don't know how to break this to you but, midnight YESTERDAY was the due date... I really hope yours still gets included though Sad come on cry, you can except one a day late right?
Ohh... Sad I was confused about that. When I think of midnight, I always think about the end of the day, not the beginning.

(11-30-2011, 06:49 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: I'm not a huge jerk like that - of course I'd let it slide. :]
Thanks Cry!!

11-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-30-2011, 07:30 AM)Mikhail Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 06:40 AM)kman Wrote: Oh... don't know how to break this to you but, midnight YESTERDAY was the due date... I really hope yours still gets included though Sad come on cry, you can except one a day late right?
Ohh... Sad I was confused about that. When I think of midnight, I always think about the end of the day, not the beginning.
I thought the same but I guess the Earth flipped or something XD Glad to see he let you in! I look SO forward to this livestream =]

11-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

[Image: good_news_everyone-525x296.png]
Good News, Everyone!

All the maps have been received and implemented just fine, at least on my end. Once I finish up some work on the hub, Cry will be the test subject and then I'll send copies to all the creators before throwing it up onto ModDB.

The 24-Hour Amnesia Custom Story Challenge

That sounds pretty lengthy, anyone have an idea for a better name for this project when I do upload it to ModDB? Speaking of which, everyone who submitted a map will need to be added to a ModDB team. If any one thinks this is unnecessary, let me know.

On a personal note: These maps are simply amazing.

12-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(12-02-2011, 06:20 AM)Russ Money Wrote: [Image: good_news_everyone-525x296.png]
Good News, Everyone!

All the maps have been received and implemented just fine, at least on my end. Once I finish up some work on the hub, Cry will be the test subject and then I'll send copies to all the creators before throwing it up onto ModDB.

The 24-Hour Amnesia Custom Story Challenge

That sounds pretty lengthy, anyone have an idea for a better name for this project when I do upload it to ModDB? Speaking of which, everyone who submitted a map will need to be added to a ModDB team. If any one thinks this is unnecessary, let me know.

On a personal note: These maps are simply amazing.

AWWWW YEAH SON. haha anyways, with the whole name thing, i'd just put it as "The 24 Hour Challenge" i don't really think the "amnesia custom story" part is necessary considering that anyone that see's it could probably figure that out on their own.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2011, 06:25 AM by Kman.)
12-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Website Find
Jinxi Offline

(12-02-2011, 06:24 AM)kman Wrote: AWWWW YEAH SON. haha anyways, with the whole name thing, i'd just put it as "The 24 Hour Challenge" i don't really think the "amnesia custom story" part is necessary considering that anyone that see's it could probably figure that out on their own.

Seconded!

[Image: Crosseyedkitty.gif]
12-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Awesome, I can't wait to try them: congratulations for this great initiative! Smile
12-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

I've been working post-submission on a release friendly version of the engine I had built for my story, which I shall upload shortly after this gets released (it will have much better documentation, less hacks and support more stuff) in-case people wish to see how it was done or use it (or aspects of it) in their own projects.

Looking forward to playing all the maps Smile.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2011, 06:52 AM by Apjjm.)
12-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Find
Mikhail Offline

Call it... Project 24. It sounds mysterious. xD

This is seriously awesome. I can't wait to try it.

Oh, before I forget. Russ, did you read the pm I sent you?
12-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Find