Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

(11-30-2012, 10:23 AM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Can I have those snowpiles as well?
Not until the release of the project. It's a common practice...
11-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Website Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Alright.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

11-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Website Find
Alex Ros Offline

(11-30-2012, 07:03 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Here are the results of Alex's snow models! Very, very useful...
Spoiler below!
[Image: lodge13.jpg]
Looks nice, but I forgot about the icicles, without them it looks unfinished...
11-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

[Image: 1024x768.resizedimage]
[Image: 36C34923B4A55A4FCFB675300FB25C42C451B121]
[Image: 769FB1DF843C9A529DA89A1E527D795813017136]

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 01:41 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
12-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

It's really easy to change pictures at the paintings. Can you guys do that? These painting and portraits from the Justine and the Amnesia are already so annoying. Honestly. You're not just a simple players, you're modders! Here's 180 of fine new paintings and portraits: http://www.cgtextures.com/textures.php?t=browse&q=22018
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM by Alex Ros.)
12-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Very nice! the third one is a bit dull, add a bit more details there Wink

Dining Room (not completely finished though)

[Image: ImmagineDiningRoom.png]

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 02:30 PM by Hardarm.)
12-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Website Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

You may want to brighten that up a bit, even if your intending the level to be super dark, it's pretty hard to critique that which you cannot see, though since there is a torch in the background you'd think it would shed more light than that, add a faint large orange-ey pointlight (as long as its not going to show through into another room behind). From what little can be seen of the table, it looks a bit sparse, maybe add some more miscellaneous items to it?
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

(12-03-2012, 03:05 PM)Adrianis Wrote: You may want to brighten that up a bit, even if your intending the level to be super dark, it's pretty hard to critique that which you cannot see, though since there is a torch in the background you'd think it would shed more light than that, add a faint large orange-ey pointlight (as long as its not going to show through into another room behind). From what little can be seen of the table, it looks a bit sparse, maybe add some more miscellaneous items to it?
Nope. This is not much dark, it's supposed to be a bit lighten up. If you can't see anything adjust your gamma please because this is supposed to be shown at a perfect gamma. "add a faint large orange-ey pointlight" holy god no that would ruin the atmosphere and those are sooo unrealistic, you don't just add point lights. You have to set the colours right and add some spotlights to adjust the atmosphere between lights. ", it looks a bit sparse, maybe add some more miscellaneous items to it?" As I said it's not even finished and if you can't see any detail on the whole room neither it's better to adjust your gamma, there is no daylight either...

EDIT: Should add a liiittle pointlight to the torch just to show the ambiance for just 1 meter since the light looks to be big. I modified the .ent file so it brightens the room with some spotlights. But as I repeat: adjust your gamma.

Hmm.. to make the room a biiiit more brighter i'll make the stove in another place, let me try.

Maybe you were right it was too dark so I updated it:
[Image: ImmagineDiningRoom2.png]

I'm waiting for a towel for the table so it is incomplete yet.
Changed the position of the stove so it sheds more light.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 04:16 PM by Hardarm.)
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Website Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Hehe no problem dude, I did adjust my gamma up (as well as brightness, and switched to my other, superior monitor too), its just that, for the purposes of looking at detail of the mapping, it helps that it is bright enough to see very clearly. Obviously when I say orange-ey, i mean, to match the colour of the flame (which is kinda orange-ey, dont you think?), not just random orange lights. If you look at how much light an open torch like that spreads around an otherwise very dark room, its a lot more than it was. Your newer pic looks much better now though. I apologise for making comments about the level of detail as you did say it wasn't finished, maybe you should wait to post a pic until you feel it is either ready, or can't work out what it's missing, so that criticisms on things like detail will be useful to you.
12-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

(12-03-2012, 04:58 PM)Adrianis Wrote: Hehe no problem dude, I did adjust my gamma up (as well as brightness, and switched to my other, superior monitor too), its just that, for the purposes of looking at detail of the mapping, it helps that it is bright enough to see very clearly. Obviously when I say orange-ey, i mean, to match the colour of the flame (which is kinda orange-ey, dont you think?), not just random orange lights. If you look at how much light an open torch like that spreads around an otherwise very dark room, its a lot more than it was. Your newer pic looks much better now though. I apologise for making comments about the level of detail as you did say it wasn't finished, maybe you should wait to post a pic until you feel it is either ready, or can't work out what it's missing, so that criticisms on things like detail will be useful to you.
Yeah thanks! Smile
didn't want to sound rude.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM by Hardarm.)
12-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Website Find