Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

Here's a gameplay test of what they're like. http://youtu.be/EAVMR0BHwQw

The environment has changed a lot, but the flares are still exactly like that.

[Image: signature-2.png]
04-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Right ok, I remember seeing that before. I would still say brighter but I bet there are people that would disagree with me. It's definitely not a problem, only a small thing, they still look great.

Also from the video it looks like it's just switching between 2 colours? Maybe you could get some more shades in between them to make the switch over less obvious, looks a little bit 'disco' as it is in that video

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 07:27 PM by Adrianis.)
04-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

You need something between the wood and the kitchen tiles because they turn into each-other to sharply.

I would use some spotlights + shadows on instead of point-lights just for lighting clipping sake.

The cellar welders you have their for the table need something to cover their tops, the model was never finished on the top/bottom.

Needs more grunge decals on the floor.

Could use some more decorations and furniture, felt very empty.

Flare colors could some more color variation (Orange, white, yellow, brown) in the mix, and a bit smoother/slower transitions.

Ceiling and floors using very similar looking wood textures wouldn't be my first choice. And the ceiling has nothing interesting to show either, just wood oddly placed.

On another note, I saw a earlier BP gameplay video. The actual layout of the map is superb and very interesting, just the little details like lighting, props need a huge amount more work.
04-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Just in case you're basing what you're saying off of the video I linked, that video is extremely old and everything has been improved drastically from then. I said a couple of times that that video was old and the environment wasn't the point of that video.

[EDIT: It wasn't meant for critique on the part of the room it took place in due to the age of the video, it was merely to show in motion what the flares look like. Although, I do appreciate the comments about the light flicker, I'll look into that. Smile ]

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 08:50 PM by Streetboat.)
04-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Find
Yoilickturtles Offline

Threads: 9

Spoiler below!
[IMG][Image: biuy2v.jpg][/IMG]
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2013, 07:43 AM by Yoilickturtles.)
04-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

I would suggest:

-Decreasing the tiling amount on the floor
-Adding decals to the floor and walls
-Adding faint dust particles
-Disabling hints while taking screenshots
Smile

Edit: this was aimed at the post above, btw

In Ruins [WIP]
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2013, 08:00 AM by NaxEla.)
04-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Find
Yoilickturtles Offline

Threads: 9

(04-11-2013, 07:59 AM)NaxEla Wrote: I would suggest:

-Decreasing the tiling amount on the floor
-Adding decals to the floor and walls
-Adding faint dust particles
-Disabling hints while taking screenshots
Smile
Okey thanks for the tips Smile
04-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

It's a bit too dark. Also, blue should of seen-able too since orange is NOT the dominant one. Decrease the tiling, and add dust particles. And the shadow is too odd. It goes Left 45 degrees while the shadow is more of a near 180.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Coz I'm making a Black/White only FC CS, thought I should at least try one screenshot Tongue
I can't use Steam Overlay so I cannot printscreen the image, so I had to use Fraps to get the image, and tried to mess with it a bit using Photoshop Soft Lighting on the layers. What you see here is not the exact same tone or brightness value in the actual story, so feel free to say whatever you want about it, whether its the actual map itself or the effects used, and what I could do to improve Smile
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2njiszl.jpg]

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(04-12-2013, 05:25 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: Coz I'm making a Black/White only FC CS, thought I should at least try one screenshot Tongue
I can't use Steam Overlay so I cannot printscreen the image, so I had to use Fraps to get the image, and tried to mess with it a bit using Photoshop Soft Lighting on the layers. What you see here is not the exact same tone or brightness value in the actual story, so feel free to say whatever you want about it, whether its the actual map itself or the effects used, and what I could do to improve Smile
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2njiszl.jpg]

Looks cool, love that effect. I think the front of that building is a little boring however, too wide & flat - maybe think about adding some angles (read: not angels Smile) to the top, like a kind of roof, or perhaps make the front (assuming this is the front we are seeing in the pic) not as big, make it bend round toward the edges to keep the impression of how big it is without being too featureless?

04-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Find