Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What should i do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make part 2 of this Story
63.64%
14 63.64%
Stop Making Stories (this answer does nothing, i like making stories.)
0%
0 0%
Make a new story
36.36%
8 36.36%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Better Go Alone
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Better Go Alone

Ah look my thread got moved to the right place. Thanks!
(02-07-2012, 07:38 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: Stepper21/

haha, yes simple , short, scary and Funny map
and please remove your video from 1-st post, or to spoiler it , Big Grin
hope part2 will be more longer
Yes part 2 will be longer.

02-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Find
Andehande Offline

Threads: 1

Good old troll story Big Grin
03-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Find
QysteiN Offline

Threads: 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5p5vHZAm24

Smile

I make YouTube videos and I'm currently working on a Amnesia custom story.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2012, 11:18 PM by QysteiN.)
03-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Played it, and here's a bit of criticism:

-Room design needs improvement. Many of the levels are too bare. This can hurt the game as it makes the levels look overall uninteresting.

-Gameplay is too linear. Sometimes that's not exactly a bad thing, but in your story it's simply point A to point B, and then instantly next room. You should see if you can add a bit more content/variety to spice up the overall gameplay experience.

-Something I did like a bit was the final big scene. This may sound a bit harsh, but that scene was the only part of the game I found somewhat original.

Spoiler below!

This section is a bit more with concerning specific details of the CS:

-The key at the start is IMHO a bit too hard to spot. This can probably differ from person to person. This is just what I think.

-This is part of the problems with level design. The chandeliers are in quite awkward positions in the first room. I've never seen chandeliers put like that before 0.0

-You should consider adding doors/holes at the start of each level, preferably the same ones as the one you just entered in the previous map. Adds a sense of continuity.

Still for a first custom story, I can see you're experimenting with several things, and that'll really help you improve. Looking forward to what you can bring in Part 2 Wink

EDIT: Feel free to correct me if there's anything you may disagree about my review. I always willing to put it up for discussion if you feel need for it.

Also played it again, and here's a few more things I didn't notice the first time:
Spoiler below!

-Don't know how I didn't acknowledge this, but the "throw" into the room in the second level was a nice touch =)
-There are a few disconnected models in the water level, mainly the door room in room 1 with the plates.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM by Kreekakon.)
03-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

(03-16-2012, 05:37 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Cool criticisimsim comment or something, thanks Big Grin !
Thanks for all that recommending and such, i know its a bit from A to B and everything, but i think you are gonna like part 2 Smile, it has voice acting and not point a to b, well a bit.

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
03-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
tomasote Offline

Threads: 0
Wink  RE: Better Go Alone

Nice custom story! i almost pissed my pants Big Grin there are still things you need to work on. otherwise, good story and im waiting fr the part 2 Wink
03-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Find
Kaizy Offline

Hm, why haven't I downloaded this one yet

I'll give this one a shot next time I'm on

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
03-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Find
Kaizy Offline

Alright, I gave it a play

Spoiler below!
Honestly, this mod was really lacking. The rooms were very large but contained so little detail to them and were barren, which was very uninteresting to walk through. All I saw as far as variety was room, darker room, flooded room, tiny room with massive hole to fall in. I really suggest adding a little variety to your rooms, such as some scenery, adding more rooms, making the layout less linear and more open to exploration...something to grab attention and make them entertaining to go through. Atmosphere needs work. The dead silence combined with the lack of scenery makes all these rooms really bland and doesn't make them fun to go through. Maybe add some music to the maps, build up monster appearance more and focus less on jumpscares. One jumpscare in a map is fine, but having almost every scare be a jumpscare is not fun and you can predict almost all of them. I noticed a lot of your textures and placements were off, what with parts of the wall fazing through doors and big holes in the walls next to doors, so you should work on how you place walls, doors, objects, ect. The entire second area of the mod is useless, as all you do is get shoved through a door, pick up an illegible note and then move on to the next area. Lengthen out your areas and make them take longer to get through, add a puzzle or key items, some more rooms...as mentioned before, make your maps open for exploration, it helps in building atmosphere.

As a first mod, it's a decent starting point, but you do need to work on most of the foundations to making a map, such as texture, design, layout, atmosphere...the like. Just work on those and your maps will improve greatly.

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
03-31-2012, 02:43 AM
Find