Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.69 Average
[RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: [RELEASE]Deterioration - Total Conversion

Spoiler below!
I am back after lighthouse scene and stuck. Cant open the fathers drawer (or whatever u call it).

Also, i am still losing sanity and fall down over and over again...

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(02-09-2012, 04:39 PM)Elven Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I am back after lighthouse scene and stuck. Cant open the fathers drawer (or whatever u call it).

Also, i am still losing sanity and fall down over and over again...

Spoiler below!
You have to find parts to an item that can be combined together, and the pieces are scattered all over the house. As for sanity, I would say just stand in the light more. Use tinderboxes. At that point in the story, things get pretty fucked up, and it makes sense the character would be going crazy. I did, however, reduce the time one stays fainted and the annoying tinnitus sound has been drastically lessened.

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Spoiler below!
I mean, i hold lantern all the time and it still falls down... I would say more like that might be bug...

Can you tell me where drill parts are? I have found 2 so far...

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
02-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

(02-09-2012, 04:45 PM)Elven Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I mean, i hold lantern all the time and it still falls down... I would say more like that might be bug...

Can you tell me where drill parts are? I have found 2 so far...
Spoiler below!
You were correct, there was an incorrectly named timer that was supposed to be removed. It's really minor, however, as that only affects that one level. Whenever you leave that level, the timer will be removed anyways. As for the other drill parts, I can give you hints, but I won't just outright tell you. The two pieces that aren't in your room are scattered in areas of the house where it would make a fair amount of sense for utilities to be placed. Where else have you seen tools and the like placed around?

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2012, 04:53 PM by Streetboat.)
02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(02-09-2012, 04:53 PM)Streetboat Wrote:
Spoiler below!
You were correct, there was an incorrectly named timer that was supposed to be removed. It's really minor, however, as that only affects that one level. Whenever you leave that level, the timer will be removed anyways. As for the other drill parts, I can give you hints, but I won't just outright tell you. The two pieces that aren't in your room are scattered in areas of the house where it would make a fair amount of sense for utilities to be placed. Where else have you seen tools and the like placed around?
I will just say this is great work, but I had trouble with some of the gameplay (still haven't finished). As for the puzzle:
Spoiler below!
I would just say it straight because that part broke my immersion pretty severely... I did look under the desk even with my lantern out, but the key was so well hidden under there I found it only after some ctrl+f in the level editor. I will talk about this beautiful story more when I'm finished.
So yeah, look under the work desk

02-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Find
BonesTheRabbit Offline

Threads: 20

Spoiler below!
So I ran into a little issue near the end (I think it's the end anyway). This little guy has been giving me a lot of trouble, and given the obscurity of the puzzle at hand, it's made it nearly impossible for me to actually finish your story. I had to give up for awhile when I saw this happen:
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/YlyFXW6yivc[/video]
Anyway, I used the boxes to get at the middle generator - the one with the crank, not a lever, and the room where you find your father. I turned it to the right. Then I went up top to the light-house for the first time, which caused the little red light event to happen. This seemed to be a glitch, but I'm not sure (should that happen after you turn the middle generator off?).

I turned the lever on the top generator, at the lighthouse light. Now, reading your note, it suggests I need to turn it on again? By going down to the base? But when I do that, the lowest lever is stuck. The crank is stuck. And I can't get back up top, because of the video above. So, when I have a better idea of what went wrong, or if there's a glitch in the whole cinematic event order, I'll replay and give better feedback.

Until then, cheers! Good job so far.

02-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Spoiler below!
Yep, glitch. Drat. I know exactly how to fix that, but I guess I forgot about it. How annoying. Think it'd be wise to fix it and re-upload it? That's an issue with the AI within the game, not my own level per-se. The AI doesn't know how to navigate vertically, it views everything on a single plane, so if the monster is directly above of below you and can see you, it will just try to be on exactly the same vertical point you are on.

02-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Find
BonesTheRabbit Offline

(02-09-2012, 08:12 PM)Streetboat Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Yep, glitch. Drat. I know exactly how to fix that, but I guess I forgot about it. How annoying. Think it'd be wise to fix it and re-upload it? That's an issue with the AI within the game, not my own level per-se. The AI doesn't know how to navigate vertically, it views everything on a single plane, so if the monster is directly above of below you and can see you, it will just try to be on exactly the same vertical point you are on.
Spoiler below!
Probably. I mean, if you want it to be polished and working well. And yeah, I figured that was a glitch. Might be wise to gate that off. I have other suggestions, but yeah. Also, I took a quick glance at the map in the level editor - cheating, I know - but it seems like the grunt is supposed to pat down the stairs? As a note, he didn't do that at all.

In-fact, most of the time he was in the top room just tormenting me like a jerkwad. When he wasn't there, he was patting around the outdoor railing, also being a jerkwad, because he could see me pretty much just as I saw him, and running did a whole lot of jack diddly squat. Also, for future reference, I'd be happy to help you test out your maps when they're at this final stage.
02-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Spoiler below!
I put those pathnodes there in an attempt to make the grunt go down the stairs, but it didn't work, so I just left 'em, since they weren't doing any harm. I'll go ahead and fix that issue, among others mentioned in this thread.

02-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
BonesTheRabbit Offline

(02-09-2012, 08:36 PM)Streetboat Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I put those pathnodes there in an attempt to make the grunt go down the stairs, but it didn't work, so I just left 'em, since they weren't doing any harm. I'll go ahead and fix that issue, among others mentioned in this thread.
Let me know!
02-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Find