Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.69 Average
[RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: [RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion

How did you open it, if you didn't use the drill...?

[Image: signature-2.png]
05-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(05-09-2012, 07:04 PM)Streetboat Wrote: How did you open it, if you didn't use the drill...?

I have no idea....
played it some while ago...
well.. if noone awnsers me.. then ill just delete it..
Too bad for this cool CS...
05-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

You aren't being very helpful, man, so don't cast blame on us for not solving your problem for you. You're describing something that is impossible, there's literally no way in the script to open the desk without the hand drill. If you could open it without the drill, then that would help explain why the script is broken on the next level, and your character is never told to stop leaning.

05-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(05-10-2012, 09:05 AM)Streetboat Wrote: You aren't being very helpful, man, so don't cast blame on us for not solving your problem for you. You're describing something that is impossible, there's literally no way in the script to open the desk without the hand drill. If you could open it without the drill, then that would help explain why the script is broken on the next level, and your character is never told to stop leaning.
It is leaning..
checked the script.. but can;t find anything about leaning... does the character supposed to be leaning all the time??
the desk is open even tho the handdrill parts i have in inventory are 2 peaces....
and the head is gone also..
i do NOT blame anyone..
bugs appear in every CS.. well... let's play it over again..
Too bad tho , enjoyed it alot!
Lange
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 09:55 AM by DnALANGE.)
05-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Yeah... I'm really sorry, but I'm stumped. Sad All I can think of is that the script broke in some really strange, unique way for you, and when it took you to the next level of the story (are the hallways filled with the red gunk?) then it never ran the script to stop using FadePlayerRollTo. Can you send a screenshot?

05-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(05-10-2012, 02:04 PM)Streetboat Wrote: Yeah... I'm really sorry, but I'm stumped. Sad All I can think of is that the script broke in some really strange, unique way for you, and when it took you to the next level of the story (are the hallways filled with the red gunk?) then it never ran the script to stop using FadePlayerRollTo. Can you send a screenshot?
Yeps... the red stuff\webs are there!
I make some screens... otherwise.. probly script isnt working anymore.. for some WEIRS reason..
BRB making some screens...

Here are some screens...
think we can NOT do something with it but anyways...

Attached Files
.jpg   headgone...1.jpg (Size: 280.25 KB / Downloads: 136)
.jpg   see how i move... hanging.....jpg (Size: 294.7 KB / Downloads: 128)
.jpg   key and drillparts 2 there is.jpg (Size: 272.21 KB / Downloads: 125)
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 03:43 PM by DnALANGE.)
05-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

All right. First of all, are those drill pieces for the toy drill? Did you use a drill at all to open the door? Because there are two separate drills, a red herring one that teaches the player that he can indeed assemble a drill, and a real one that's used to open the drawer. How did you actually manage to open the door?

Although what I'm confused about, is that that script runs on a completely separate .hps from the level you're on. It's split up into 04_upstairs and 05_creepyupstairs. The 5th map should run the OnStart script with no prerequisite from other levels. All I can recommend is that you reinstall it and run it again. Sometimes, scripts freak out for certain people in completely unique ways (for example, in Cry's playthrough of the story, his ending got bugged and a crucial scene was ruined because a certain thing happened a different way than it was supposed to). Sorry that happened, I don't think any amount of testing could have saved that. Sad

05-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Find
Dune Jumper Offline

Threads: 1

Great custom story! I really enjoy it. It brings back the Penumbra feeling where your guy says something when you look at something, and the atmosphere is great! The entire time I was playing I felt really paranoid.
Custom stories this great are very rare.
06-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Website Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Just replayed it trough.Fucking love this.Definately on my top favorite custom stories.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

07-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Website Find
quakis Offline

Threads: 0

Thanks for the release, enjoyed it thoroughly! I haven't played too many custom stories out there yet, but I do tend to have trouble finding one I can stick with and remain interested. This was one of those that proved otherwise. Gave Deterioration a review over at my site and thought you might be interested; here

Looking forward to anything new you have in store for us.
10-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Find