Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
TheGrandHero Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-22-2012, 09:28 PM)Atwa Wrote: Why are everyone so down on this?
I'm looking forward to it, actually.

That being said, I'm more interested in their other, unannounced game. I preferred Penumbra to Amnesia as the later slid too far towards the traditional "bloody-horror" style, and so I'm really interesting in what Frictional Games is cooking up since it doesn't sound like it will be as focused solely on horror.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 09:53 PM by TheGrandHero.)
02-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Find
Khudsa Offline

Threads: 2

Joystiq Wrote:Developed by thechineseroom and produced by Frictional Games, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is planned for a debut on PC later this year.

That concers me. All the games developed by Frictional have a Linux version. If this is developed by thechineseroom, will it have a Linux version too?

For me is essential.
02-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(02-22-2012, 10:18 PM)Khudsa Wrote:
' Wrote:Developed by thechineseroom and produced by Frictional Games, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is planned for a debut on PC later this year.

That concers me. All the games developed by Frictional have a Linux version. If this is developed by thechineseroom, will it have a Linux version too?

For me is essential.
I think they will to reach a wider range of players. If it comes down to it you could always dual boot.

02-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Find
Solitary Walker Offline

Threads: 9

Let me get this straight. Amnesia: A machine for Pigs is being developed by Chinese Room and produced by Frictional Game, and is being released in Fall 2012. The game that Frictional Games is producing and developing is the one that they said wont be based on horror and it is coming out in 2013.

Disregard Everything; Acquire Aesthetics
02-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

(02-22-2012, 10:18 PM)Khudsa Wrote: All the games developed by Frictional have a Linux version. If this is developed by thechineseroom, will it have a Linux version too?

For me is essential.
Considering the fact it's supposed to be running on a modified version of the HPL2 engine, I'm pretty sure there will be a Linux version.

(02-22-2012, 10:25 PM)Nonlethal106 Wrote: Let me get this straight. Amnesia: A machine for Pigs is being developed by Chinese Room and produced by Frictional Game, and is being released in Fall 2012. The game that Frictional Games is producing and developing is the one that they said wont be based on horror and it is coming out in 2013.

That's about the size of it, except we don't know when the other game is coming out (unless I missed something, 2013 is purely fan speculation).
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 10:27 PM by TheGrandHero.)
02-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

well until Friction Games gets its sh*t together I am going to play a good game...

[Image: super_mario_bros-12814.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 10:28 PM by darkely.)
02-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

That koopa troopa looks suspiciously like a Grunt, now that I look at it...
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 10:30 PM by TheGrandHero.)
02-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

^Maybe if your on shrooms @@

02-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(02-22-2012, 09:28 PM)Atwa Wrote: Why are everyone so down on this? Jesus Christ we haven't seen anything of the game yet. I will not say anything negative before I have gotten my hands on it and I do not think anyone else should either. I understand the disappointment that Frictional is not developing it but look, they wont let a beloved IP of their go to waste. I'm sure they are watching over the project to make sure it lives up to the Amnesia name.

I for one am very interested to see how this turns out. If it ends up no good, at least Frictional is working on something else!
This. Seriously people, quit whining until you see what they come out with. I for one, am very excited for this paring of devs. Wether you found Dear Esther interesting or not, I'm sure you can agree it was very immersive, and some of the environments were impressive as hell. Just calm down until you see what they actually come out with...

Posting Freak
02-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(02-22-2012, 10:43 PM)kman Wrote: This. Seriously people, quit whining until you see what they come out with. I for one, am very excited for this paring of devs. Wether you found Dear Esther interesting or not, I'm sure you can agree it was very immersive, and some of the environments were impressive as hell. Just calm down until you see what they actually come out with...
The environments in Dear Esther were impressive, but none of it was immersive. It was limitedly trudging through a damn picture book.

I can't believe that FG are teaming up with such a terrible developer. Dear Esther was a pile of trash that makes a joke out of storytelling in games, and thechineseroom have not proven themselves at all capable with gameplay beyond slightly modifying bits of code. Hell, the only gameplay they themselves have produced is a bunch of shit platforming and shit combat with terrible level design in Korsakovia. Perhaps they can get actual people to design a game for them with money from the pretentious people at Indie Fund.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 10:51 PM by Sexbad.)
02-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Website Find