Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Mikko Tarmia for AAMFP?

Damn, I was really hoping that FG would keep atleast most of their employees.. geez! I mean, why kick off the best ones and replace them with amateurs?

04-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(04-25-2012, 10:14 PM)GrAVit Wrote: Damn, I was really hoping that FG would keep atleast most of their employees.. geez! I mean, why kick off the best ones and replace them with amateurs?
FG is not developing so why are you talking about this? Get your facts straight. Calling people amateurs like this...

I find different artist working with the soundtrack really refreshing tbh. (+ I've grown to love Dear Esther's soundtrack)

04-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

I'd call 'em amateurs because they've like.. made 2 mods. And FG is putting them on development, while FG had the experts on the HPL business?

04-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(04-25-2012, 11:05 PM)GrAVit Wrote: I'd call 'em amateurs because they've like.. made 2 mods. And FG is putting them on development, while FG had the experts on the HPL business?
If I'm right, most of the people behind AaMFP are new hired people since they went commercial.

http://www.thechineseroom.co.uk/team.html
Wouldn't call most amateurs...

Also Jessica Curry seems to have more experience in writing music than Mikko had when he started working on Penumbra (I just did a quick search). Not to call anyone better, but just to tell how stupid this discussion is.

04-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-25-2012, 10:14 PM)GrAVit Wrote: Damn, I was really hoping that FG would keep atleast most of their employees.. geez! I mean, why kick off the best ones and replace them with amateurs?

"Amateur"

Heh, sure.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 12:47 AM by Kman.)
04-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Website Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

Quote:I'd call 'em amateurs because they've like.. made 2 mods. And FG is
putting them on development, while FG had the experts on the HPL
business?

You're missing the part where they released an acclaimed commercial remake of one of their mods. And the quality of the writing, acting, and music in the mods alone were top notch. Now these people have more of a budget to work with and have hired people accordingly.

And personally. As much as I enjoy the music in Penumbra and Amnesia, I am far more excited to hear another soundtrack from Jessica Curry. Her work is just more memorable, to me.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 12:56 AM by Nyarlathotep.)
04-26-2012, 12:54 AM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

Quote:Don't bother, Kein thinks anyone who doesn't praise thechineseroom and
their walking simulators to the sky are trolls, plebs and subhumans.

Maybe if you'd make an effort to learn more about the people behind Dear Esther. It's pretty clear that thechineseroom doesn't see Dear Esther's lack of interactivity as a basis for everything they will work on.

Not to say that Gravit is trolling. But I find it hard to criticize the initial statement so much. All it boiled down to was them saying they don't want to just repeat the same experience of Amnesia and create something that will feel fresh.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 01:03 AM by Nyarlathotep.)
04-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Find
Patacorow Offline

Threads: 11

(04-24-2012, 04:59 PM)Googolplex Wrote: A female composer for next Amnesia horror?
Oh...
Holy shit.

Just, stop posting.
Please.

Your opinions are not wanted here any longer.
04-26-2012, 01:15 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-26-2012, 01:15 AM)Patacorow Wrote:
(04-24-2012, 04:59 PM)Googolplex Wrote: A female composer for next Amnesia horror?
Oh...
Holy shit.

Just, stop posting.
Please.

Your opinions are not wanted here any longer.
^^^^^

Posting Freak
04-26-2012, 02:17 AM
Website Find
SquigPie Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(04-26-2012, 01:01 AM)Nyarlathotep Wrote:
Quote:Don't bother, Kein thinks anyone who doesn't praise thechineseroom and
their walking simulators to the sky are trolls, plebs and subhumans.

Maybe if you'd make an effort to learn more about the people behind Dear Esther. It's pretty clear that thechineseroom doesn't see Dear Esther's lack of interactivity as a basis for everything they will work on.

Not to say that Gravit is trolling. But I find it hard to criticize the initial statement so much. All it boiled down to was them saying they don't want to just repeat the same experience of Amnesia and create something that will feel fresh.
Problem is that the only stuff they've done yet was Dear Esther: The Walking Simulator: the Mod: The Game, and Korsakovia, which was apparently a walking simulator whose few gameplay elements where so broken that most of their Moddb page for it is people complaining about the thing being unplayable. They never bothered to fix it.

Not a good track record for someone who now has to make real games.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 07:40 AM by SquigPie.)
04-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Find