Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Oink Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(11-01-2012, 06:15 PM)Lucke Wrote: I kinda have to say that the absence of sound can be just as scary as with extreme ambient sounds. It can really take you by surprise at time and I can just imagine walking around a corner as soon as I hear the monster squeal and shitting myself instantly.
Exactly. Absolute silence can be extremely effective - a score and other sounds should not need to be constantly heard in order to increase the ambience.
11-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Find
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10

I hope everyone saw this:

http://www.aamfp.com
Quote:We are on the hunt for the sounds of fear, panic, terror, anguish, torture and horrid, awful death to include in the soundtrack for Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
Send them as Wavs, Oggs or MP3s to piggies@thechineseroom.co.uk
We don’t care who does the screaming. We just want the fear
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Find
Oink Offline

(11-01-2012, 06:44 PM)Mehis Wrote: I hope everyone saw this:

Quote:We are on the hunt for the sounds of fear, panic, terror, anguish, torture and horrid, awful death to include in the soundtrack for Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
Re the above, a tweet from Dan Pinchbeck (danpinchbeck) yesterday on that:

"Me and jessicaurry2 just listened to the first batch of screams sent for Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and they are AMAZING - keep it up!"
11-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

No one has started to cross examine the screenshots? Come on guys!

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

It seems a few people are looking at what info we have on the game and presuming things too early. "It's too short," "the gameplay hasn't changed at all," there is absolutely nothing that we've seen that would show anything about the game length from the trailers or screenshots and there's only very short videos showing gameplay similar to TDD.. do you really think they would be giving away their special changes to the gameplay in a teaser? They've said time and time again the game will be fresh compared to Amnesia and you won't be able to play it the same, and all we can do is wait to experience this ourselves. And people are getting all disappointed because of a few seconds of gameplay. That's irrational, and whoever does this isn't giving the game a chance. Do not underestimate this game.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
11-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(11-01-2012, 06:57 PM)Oink Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 06:44 PM)Mehis Wrote: I hope everyone saw this:

Re the above, a tweet from Dan Pinchbeck (danpinchbeck) yesterday on that:

"Me and jessicaurry2 just listened to the first batch of screams sent for Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and they are AMAZING - keep it up!"
So how do we do this? Do we just like... get a mic, pretend to be scared and then start screaming?

If it's that easy then I'd like to try. Even if I still sound like a guy who speaks through his nose as you might judge me through my videos.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 09:23 PM by Macgyverthehero.)
11-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

Quote: My only sorrow is that A Machine For Pigs will be too short (seems to be twice as long as Justine). I really hope I'm wrong and the experience will be similar to TDD, 10 hours long.
Googol, I don't understand. We have seen few minutes of gameplay and you're assuming that aamfp will be only twice as long as Justine? Can I ask why?
11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

[Image: 201210_aamfp_screenshot_3.jpg]
What is that machine on the floor? Btw nice work on the textures and lighting and everything!

11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: So, how exactly do we participate in the thing their asking for? Do we just simply get a microphone and start screaming and pretending to be scared? Cause If so, then I could do that.
Yes, thats how I'd interpret their request - Just grab some sort of recording device and start squealing! Tongue They'll probably take care of proper mixing and the like then if the technical quality of the recording isn't too low. (Maybe they won't even use the screams in their original state, but somehow distort them for subtle use in ambient music?)
I'd love to contribute, but alas I don't own a microphone :/
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 09:01 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/31/amnesi...st-sequel/ Another interview.
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Find