Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(11-01-2012, 05:54 PM)Statyk Wrote: If they keep music out of monster search, I wouldn't mind that. Sometimes it makes me more tense. =P Did so with the trailer!

Yeah, that is what I was thinking - no more BG music for monsters but rather noises, like squeeing, screeches, etc. This works well for me, quite immersive and consistent within gameplay and story.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

(11-01-2012, 10:38 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: I apologize to the officials here in the forum for not putting my Amnesia 2 weapon thoughts in a new thread instead of this one that I forgot about.

That said, do you think the guns pictured in one of the screenshots can even be picked up?
Maybe. Although using guns for some puzzle doesn't sound too bad. Of course, not being able to pick the gun up in first person or anything, just simply interacting with the trigger as if it was a lever or something.

11-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(11-01-2012, 10:40 PM)Kein Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 05:54 PM)Statyk Wrote: If they keep music out of monster search, I wouldn't mind that. Sometimes it makes me more tense. =P Did so with the trailer!

Yeah, that is what I was thinking - no more BG music for monsters but rather noises, like squeeing, screeches, etc. This works well for me, quite immersive and consistent within gameplay and story.
I like the idea myself. Music for the monsters gives them away, but noises coming from the area itself would add to the suspense... is the noise some object acting funny or is it a monster lurking around the corner?

PS: Thanks for moving my thread to here, sorry about that.
11-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

No problem. And the guns could be just "retired replicas". Who's to say they aren't just painted black tips, you know? =P
11-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Find
Oink Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Usable Weapons in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs?

(11-01-2012, 10:11 PM)DogFood Wrote: nicely thought but wont happen. As far as i know FG has already stated that AAMFP and their next super secret project wont include weapons
Quite.

Dan has stated in a number of interviews that there will be no weapons that you can use against the monsters, etc.

He even states it in this new interview:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/31/amnesi...st-sequel/

“It’s fairly true to the spirit of the original game,” says Pinchbeck.
“There’s a definite case of ‘don’t fix what isn’t broken’. We’re not
going to be arming the player up at all – you’re still going to be
hiding for most of it and running and peaking and not wanting to open
doors and things like that. I think that’s kind of the core spirit of
the game really, so we don’t want to take that away from the player.”

I'm not sure why a few people want weapons in AAMFP - that would totally ruin the game. If you want to maim or kill something go and play any one of the huge multitude of FPS and survival games that are currently out there.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 10:59 PM by Oink.)
11-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(11-01-2012, 10:49 AM)Istrebitel Wrote: I hope that music reflects your character's mood, not the monster's state, in that after a certain amount if you dont hear or see monster, music goes back to "calm", but monster may as well be around the corner waiting for you - music is your perception (you think that he is gone), not a state detector (game knows that he is gone). Music should never ever ever ever serve as a "radar" of some kind (like, monster sees you but you dont see monster neither you hear him - no "danger" music until you see or hear him).
This. Oh my god this. Such a novel idea =D

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
11-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(11-01-2012, 10:50 PM)Statyk Wrote: No problem. And the guns could be just "retired replicas". Who's to say they aren't just painted black tips, you know? =P
I hadn't thought of that, it could very well be retired replicas. Just because he has hunted doesn't mean he hunts any more.
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Usable Weapons in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs?

(11-01-2012, 10:37 PM)Statyk Wrote: I think those are vestigial features left over from Penumbra. Remember being able to swing axes and hammers at the dogs in Overture?
If I remember correctly, Frictional said that they were trying to iplement combat features in Amnesia as well, and that the idea got scrapped pretty late in the development.

^(;,;)^
11-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Professor: "My dead mister Mandus, I admire your vision, I truly do, but there are surely not enough pigs in the whole of London to feed the appetite of such a machine."

Oswald Mandus: "That all rather depends, professor, on what one considers to be a pig."

Any thoughts on this? (Heard in the end of the Halloween trailer)

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 11:18 PM by GrAVit.)
11-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(11-01-2012, 11:15 PM)GrAVit Wrote: Professor: "My dead mister Mandus, I admire your vision, I truly do, but there are surely not enough pigs in the whole of London to feed the appetite of such a machine."

Oswald Mandus: "That all rather depends, professor, on what one considers to be a pig."

Any thoughts on this? (Heard in the end of the Halloween trailer)

Yes.

Btw does anyone think that this game might have higher spec requirements than ATDD? My laptop is only 2.2 GHZ with ATI Radeon 3200 HD graphics, barely enough to run the original game.

[Image: p229xcq]
11-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Find