Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

I'm glad to see that TCR/FG wants to perfect the game, and now I don't have to chose between AMFP and Bioshock Infinite. YAY!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
02-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(02-19-2013, 02:24 PM)Spaceman Wrote: Unless you intend on illegally downloading it, or playing it off a friend's steam account, you will always have to pay for this game.

He likely refers to the guessing game's prize. Wink

(02-19-2013, 01:42 PM)jens Wrote: Actually, we just delayed it one additional day merely to piss you off. Heart

=D!

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
02-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(02-19-2013, 02:24 PM)Spaceman Wrote:
(02-19-2013, 02:19 PM)dabro Wrote: I'm fine with waiting, sucks I got the release date wrong though, I wanted it free, but I don't mind spending some money.

Unless you intend on illegally downloading it, or playing it off a friend's steam account, you will always have to pay for this game. And rightly so, you should be willing to help a studio by paying if you like their products.

Yea, I know that, but i was talking about were if you guess the correct release date, Jens said he would give a free copy to whoever gets it right. I am against pirating of any sort. Sorry about the confusion.

(02-19-2013, 02:38 PM)felixmole Wrote:
(02-19-2013, 02:19 PM)dabro Wrote: I'm fine with waiting, sucks I got the release date wrong though, I wanted it free, but I don't mind spending some money.
I don't care having to pay for it -- actually it's a pleasure for me to do that. What I'd like though is an Amnesia tshirt with all the Amnesia monsters on it, or something along these lines. Are you FG also working on it?

Yea, I don't mind paying, I like helping Frictional. When I first bought Amnesia: The Dark Decent 2 days after I bought it, it went on sale for $5 on steam. Yet, I didn't really care, it was the last thing I thought about because the game was amazing.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 03:01 PM by Brosive.)
02-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Find
AJRacer543 Offline

Threads: 0

[/quote]

Yea, I don't mind paying, I like helping Frictional. When I first bought Amnesia: The Dark Decent 2 days after I bought it, it went on sale for $5 on steam. Yet, I didn't really care, it was the last thing I thought about because the game was amazing.
[/quote]

I bought my copy of TDD for $5 from the Frictional Store, and I can easily say that it was the best $5 I have ever spent. No game has ever immersed me like that and I would have been glad to have paid way more than I had to. ^_____^
02-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Find
Dclayne Offline

Threads: 1

http://www.pmstudio.co.uk/news/2013/02/1...talk-dshed
02-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Find
AlexCarlson Offline

AAMFP - "You can see the monster for a very short period of time"?

So I just read about A Machine for Pigs on the official Amnesia wiki and I stumbled upon a quite interesting sentence.

[Image: ZzUAOW6.png]

"You can see the monster for a very short period of time..."? I've seen the Halloween teaser many many times and I even looked back at it after reading this but I've never seen even seen a glimpse of anything moving. Oswald turns the light off instantly when the monster comes by.

Sure it's not meant to be revealed how the monster looks like, but does the sentence mean you can see maybe a tiny part of it, like a shadow or a foot for a very quick moment? If anyone finds anything, anything at all, even just some pixels of what could be the monster, please leave a screenshot here. Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 05:52 PM by AlexCarlson.)
02-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(02-19-2013, 12:03 PM)Kein Wrote: Hope you are happy, you baswically forced jens to write that update.

No, the time is right, they've written it the 19 febuary, anniversary of the solving of the ARG, and anniversary of an amnesia trailer.

listen to boards of canada
02-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Website Find
TiberiusBond Offline

Threads: 0

*Moves release from Q1 to Q2 2013* ....still no actual release date

uhm, ok. I mean, as long as it's perfect, I can wait.

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 06:10 PM by TiberiusBond.)
02-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: AAMFP - "You can see the monster for a very short period of time"?

(02-19-2013, 05:51 PM)EnderShorts Wrote: So I just read about A Machine for Pigs on the official Amnesia wiki and I stumbled upon a quite interesting sentence.

[Image: ZzUAOW6.png]

"You can see the monster for a very short period of time..."? I've seen the Halloween teaser many many times and I even looked back at it after reading this but I've never seen even seen a glimpse of anything moving. Oswald turns the light off instantly when the monster comes by.

Sure it's not meant to be revealed how the monster looks like, but does the sentence mean you can see maybe a tiny part of it, like a shadow or a foot for a very quick moment? If anyone finds anything, anything at all, even just some pixels of what could be the monster, please leave a screenshot here. Smile

There was a point a hundred or two pages back where people had been pausing the video and zooming in and all and you could see that there was "something", but not what.
I also wont bother to go through all these pages for you so you will have to find yourself if you really want to see.
02-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Find
Diz Offline

RE: AAMFP - "You can see the monster for a very short period of time"?

(02-19-2013, 05:51 PM)EnderShorts Wrote: Sure it's not meant to be revealed how the monster looks like, but does the sentence mean you can see maybe a tiny part of it, like a shadow or a foot for a very quick moment? If anyone finds anything, anything at all, even just some pixels of what could be the monster, please leave a screenshot here. Smile

Nice find. To tell you the truth, I did see something my last few times watching through it. When it comes to videos like these, the details you see may easily depend on brightness settings or even individual type of monitors.

I may be wrong, but there was some silence, and Oswald directed his light ahead toward some objects, and in-between, I swear I saw something moving. Here is the really creepy part.

Spoiler below!
It seemed as if whatever movement there was, it was very slow, but it felt as if its speed was entirely the same all the way. It did not feel like it was something walking, no, it felt as if something actually rolled or as if attached to some sort of machine. A few seconds later, I am sure I saw the exact same thing somewhere else, moving silently away in the same speed without actually looking like it was walking. This might be a machine, a creature or simply my silly mind. Once I picked up on that detail though ... it totally creeped me out!

I may watch the teaser later again to look for it.

Edit: Oh, right after posting, I realized one other part. Since you specifically mentioned shadow:

Spoiler below!
There is one part in the first half of the video where you move around a corner, see an incredibly quick shadow, then quickly hurrying back around the corner.

=3

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 07:41 PM by Diz.)
02-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Find