Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler Black Plague ending questions...
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
Black Plague ending questions...

**Warning: there are various spoilers (I am not going to use the wraps so deal with it Big Grin) and I also curse like a trucker Angel**

Note: the color in the quote text corresponds to the question with the same color text Tongue also keep the spoilers related to Black Plague and Overture (if needed to reference) but leave out Requiem (playing it now) please.

Penumbra Wiki Wrote:Philip seemingly agrees to the Tuurngait's request, and sends an
email to a friend on the surface describing his adventure
. However,
stating that he has more in common with Clarence than with the
Tuurngait,
Philip gives his friend the coordinates of the mine and tells
him to come and destroy the Tuurngait.
His last words are: "Kill them.
Kill them all."
Sounds easy enough but who the hell has the authority to blow up a huge mine?! does Phillip suddenly have these big connections wtf... that does not make sense to me... oh and god only knows why the internet still works down there -.-

I can only think opposites attract... but then again when Clarence took over that body in the room and chased me down that scared the f*cking sh*t out of me...

With what? does his friend have a bloody army on
hold? or is he going to bust in like Duke Nukem and kill all of the
aliens?! how f*cking vague can they be...

When I first saw it I thought he was kind of cruel but then again after what he has been through I do not blame him...

Thoughts?

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2012, 11:15 AM by darkely.)
02-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Find
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Black Plague ending questions...

Haha I liked it
02-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

There are heaps of theories, especially regarding what requiem brings to the table but I haven't played much of it myself. Some say that the chance to write the email is a test itself, and no matter what the email never gets sent. It was just the hive mind testing to see if he would honour his agreement. Which he didn't, so I guess its implied he was killed / trapped after that.

I guess it's implied his friend will be suspicious enough to not rush into the mine and notify enough people of whats going on there that their discovery / extermination is guaranteed.
02-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

^Right now I am playing Requiem and it is more like what the f*ck... no monsters (so far) no there are bloody portal?! what the f*ck happened?! lol

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2012, 02:54 AM by darkely.)
02-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Find
TaintedRainbow Offline

Threads: 1

It's so confusing... Penumbra just never... It's a game that doesn't tell you everything you want to know.

I'd only assume that Phillip was trapped by the Tuurngait and attempted to leave- creating Requiem. But a lot of this makes little to no sense...

Well, theories are the only way now... ^_^
03-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Ya I guess :/. When I played Requiem it is alright but my first thought was wtf happened?! where am I lol. Then again that happened in Amnesia too Tongue - I am stuck in Requiem atm

03-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Find
Desperate4God Offline

Threads: 0

I would suggest finishing Requiem. Its ending provides a bit of closure to the storyline, although much is still left to the imagination.

Kyrie Eleison.
03-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

^Ya on one hand it annoys me that the game leaves a lot open but on the other at least the game makes you think for yourself...

04-30-2012, 03:57 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(03-30-2012, 05:54 PM)Desperate4God Wrote: I would suggest finishing Requiem. Its ending provides a bit of closure to the storyline, although much is still left to the imagination.
What? Requiems ending didn't close anything. Requiem was weird from start to finish, and didn't continue the story at all.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-30-2012, 04:17 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Ya the game is pretty confusing so far but it is fun

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2012, 04:22 AM by darkely.)
04-30-2012, 04:21 AM
Find