Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flashlight.tga
Zjurc Offline

Threads: 8
flashlight.tga

everyone who at least tried to implement a flashlight into their full conversion mod must be familiar with this one. Please help! I don't know what to do! I'm slowly going insane by this, the flashlight has everything it needs!

Here's the error:

ERROR: Couldn't find 0-face 'flashlight_pos_x', for cubemap 'flashlight' in path: 'flashlight.tga'
WARNING: Couldn't load gobo texture 'flashlight.tga' for light 'PlayerLantern'

what could it possibly mean? the flashlight.tga is obviously where it should be ('lights' folder), but yet it doesn't work.

Thank you all so much!
03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: flashlight.tga

Which flashlight are you using?

03-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Website Find
Zjurc Offline

the same one used in white night.
03-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

I've made some changes on flashlight, like adding a custom gobo.
Use this one instead: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...flashlight

03-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Website Find
Zjurc Offline

Thanks, ill try it now and report if it works Smile
I just don't get it where to put this. Besides, there are two kinds of flashlights in that. Well I'm not messing with those internal files but where are the gobos? shouldn't it be under 'lights'? What about sounds? I don't see the sounds in this either. Now i did put all of the files you said I should download in 'x_models', mind you, but i still get errors. Obviously some files are missing.

well it ain't stealing if you're singing so... lalala *copies from wn*

nope, still not working. i don't need a half-done mod you know. I appreciate your work and all but if it isn't working properly.. you know.

Thank you very much anyway
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2012, 10:09 AM by Zjurc.)
03-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

As I said I've made many changes to flashlight to adapt it to my taste and make it more realistic. Sound, gobo and billboard files are scattered in WN installation.
I don't quite remember which files were where, but using the original flashlight modification and starting to change it from there sounds like more of a logical idea. Yes there are two different flashlight in there, because you can choose whichever you want, however you want, instead of trying to figure out how the WN flashlight's structure is.

PS. Flashlight in WN perfectly works.

03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Website Find
Zjurc Offline

Thank you very much for your help. Ill look into this problem more than I do now. I just know something is not right.
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Find