Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
My Little Pony and Amnesia...
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: My Little Pony and Amnesia...

As long as they put EFFORT into their custom stories and as long it has a STORY, I have no problem with them. But I would appreciate if they noted in it's showcase thread that the map is a pony map like this: The Ponyville Horror [Pony Map].

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 06:59 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(03-27-2012, 06:49 PM)Officer D Wrote: I'm trolling cause this discussion isn't worth arguing about imho. If you don't like it, don't play! nuff said!

Like he said it's a fun story. meant to be silly, stupid, retarded. If you start taking it serious, then don't blame the makers. Blame yourself for playing it.
That's what I consider the easy way to end a discussion, though hardly conclusive. The main reason I'm willing to move this forward is to stop one of us from living a lie. If when we reach a conclusion in this, one side, be it me or him, will know that we were wrong in our original thoughts. If we can't reach a conclusion, and everything really is just opinion, well at least we'll be sure of that.

Quote:Since when did "Amnesia: The Dark Decent" apeal to parents, able to say:

"I bet this game appeals to my child, I bet there are wonderful folks out there who will make children's stories with this game"

This:
[img]

Does not equal this:
[img]

"I bet this game appeals to my child, I bet there are wonderful folks out there who will make children's stories with this game"

My previous post was actually making true this exact sentence. With the right people, and the editors, scary grunt engine CAN equal happy ponies.

EDIT: @CorinthianMerchant: Exactly. I can appreciate anything, regardless of context, as long as there was effort in it that shows.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 06:59 PM by Kreekakon.)
03-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

You missed my point. Parents who see the grunt picture I posted, are not going to think of the pony picture I posted. Why? Because one is horror, and the other is a children's themed show.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

03-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(03-27-2012, 07:02 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: You missed my point. Parents who see the grunt picture I posted, are not going to think of the pony picture I posted. Why? Because one is horror, and the other is a children's themed show.
Well that's indeed true, but you missed my point somewhat too.

I'm not talking about parents right now. I'm leaning more towards the fanbase. The fanbase doesn't really have to worry about parents (Most of them). They can play what they want, and assess that for themselves.

In simplest terms, I'm just saying two things: Amnesia custom stories don't have to be horror, and good pony maps can exist based off of that as long as effort went into them.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 07:09 PM by Kreekakon.)
03-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

I agree that the topic is the fan base, but the fan base does not have small children in it, because, as I said, parents dont allow it. If the fan base does not have small children, dont adapt the game to fit the needs of small children, or people with the mentality of small children.

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

03-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Website Find
Officer D Offline

Threads: 0

(03-27-2012, 06:57 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: That's what I consider the easy way to end a discussion, though hardly conclusive. The main reason I'm willing to move this forward is to stop one of us from living a lie. If when we reach a conclusion in this, one side, be it me or him, will know that we were wrong in our original thoughts. If we can't reach a conclusion, and everything really is just opinion, well at least we'll be sure of that.
Ok, I wish you both good luck with your discussion. I hope you'll come to a reasonable conclusion and learn somthing from this thread.

I for my part encourage all the amnesia custom story makers to do what ever they feel like. The best way in learning is starting small. And silly short CS are certainly a good practice and eventually they will get into makeing somthing more serious.

03-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(03-27-2012, 07:13 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: or people with the mentality of small children.
That brings us back to something I stated earlier. Liking MLP, doesn't mean one is childish. The show is, to many people of all ages, a good show. Like say I can play games like Dead Space, and Amnesia, but I can still like MLP. One's taste in good media doesn't at all reflect their mentality, it simply means they like things which are good.

And I trust, that if you were a fan of MLP, you'd be excited to see a high quality mod made of of Amnesia's engine. I know I would.

03-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

No, if I wanted an enjoyful pony experience, I will buy a MLP game, not try to convert a horror game, into a child filled fun ride adventure.

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

03-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(03-27-2012, 07:29 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: No, if I wanted an enjoyful pony experience, I will buy a MLP game, not try to convert a horror game, into a child filled fun ride adventure.
There is no MLP game. It all depends on the modding community for that, and HPL2 is one of the many outlets for that. And if one wanted to implant puzzles, first person view, and maybe a bit of horror, HPL2 would nail it.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 07:34 PM by Kreekakon.)
03-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

I beg to differ

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=ps...80&bih=675

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

03-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Website Find