Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
My Little Pony and Amnesia...
Kaizy Offline

Threads: 0
RE: My Little Pony and Amnesia...

Here's what I find hilarious:

I'm all for people not liking things and not wanting to be a part of a group or subject matter, but things like this, its a pretty simple fix. If you don't like ponies, don't play the mods with ponies. It's as simple as that. It's like those people that run around on Youtube, going to certain bands/music genres and complain they hate the music. If you hate it so much, why are you even immersing yourself in it just to complain? You bring it on yourself and it's pretty damn funny to watch people baww about seeing things they don't like because they're too dumb to understand that if you truly dislike something, you don't even take notice of it and do all you can to NOT get involved with it, not make a public thread where you whine and complain about how much you hate it and how your big boy games are being interrupted by some colorful cartoons.

On that note, people can make mods for whatever they please and you can't do a damned thing about it. Really, what are you going to do? Complain to Frictional that ponies are in the custom stories that users are making? Like they'd give a shit. Complain to the forum in a thread? Like we give a shit. Stop playing the game entirely? Like anyone gives a shit. When it comes down to it, no one cares how much you hate something on the internet. You want to talk about "adult" things and being adult, well, grow some balls, man the hell up and stop whining like a prepubescent child about some cartoons in player-made content because no one cares what you think about it and no one ever will. The pony content isn't going anywhere, but I certainly hope you do.
[Image: U-MAD-BRO-my-little-pony-friendship-is-m...30-467.jpg]

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
03-29-2012, 04:57 AM
Find
seth1466 Offline

Threads: 4

Too many bronies. I give up on the world...

-Seth1466

The Attic ModDB
03-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Website Find
Kaizy Offline

Life's so unbearable because of a cartoon
Please, go on

[Image: fd7.jpg]

Its great fun
03-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Discussion has been over for a while guys.

/thread

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
03-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Find
seth1466 Offline

Threads: 4

(03-29-2012, 11:53 PM)Kaizy Wrote: Life's so unbearable because of a cartoon
Please, go on

[Image: fd7.jpg]
Because of the people who worship it. Not the cartoon...

-Seth1466

The Attic ModDB
03-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Website Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

Yeah, discussion is over because of the close minded Bronys dont feel like they need to listen to anyone.

/thread.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

03-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Website Find
Raku Offline

(03-30-2012, 11:31 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: Yeah, discussion is over because of the close minded Bronys dont feel like they need to listen to anyone.

/thread.
Dude I'm sorry, but the only close minded person here is you. You're trying to force your idea of what makes a terrible/good game on everyone else on this forum. Frictional Games allowed the community to create custom stories for a reason. Whether it is to create a shitty map full of teleporting naked guys or a map filled with ponies, they let us do it. They want us to express our creativity, not limit it to one box. I guess it should be fair to put pony warnings on maps if you don't want to play them. But again, you do not have to play the custom stories with ponies in it. No one is forcing you to download and play said maps. As every one else said, there are still a decent amount of serious custom stories out there.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2012, 12:17 AM by Raku.)
03-31-2012, 12:11 AM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

/thread.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

03-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Website Find
Kaizy Offline

(03-30-2012, 11:31 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: Yeah, discussion is over because of the close minded Bronys dont feel like they need to listen to anyone.

/thread.
Oh, fans of the show would gladly listen to people who dislike it. But they would have to meet us halfway and not baww about it like its ruining their lives. No one is close minded because they're laughing at a stupid rant about how horrible something is, do learn how to use English before blatantly throwing around the wrong terms and trying to form them into something resembling a retort. Learn to approach a subject with tact instead of just unleashing a whiny rant about "BAWW PONIES AND THE FANS ARE RUINING MY GAME".

When you can actually learn to bring up some good points and do it in a sophisticated manner, then we will bother to listen. Until then, us "close minded bronies" are going to keep laughing at how stupidly pointless this thread is.

Now its /thread

Its great fun
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2012, 12:21 AM by Kaizy.)
03-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-31-2012, 12:20 AM)Kaizy Wrote: Learn to approach a subject with tact instead of just unleashing a whiny rant about "BAWW PONIES AND THE FANS ARE RUINING MY GAME".
Thought I'd say something about this... While I can understand where you're coming from, I think he does have some sense in saying they're at least bringing down the community. For example, I remember back when pretty much any custom story was released I could download it and be pretty much guaranteed that it would have a good story, some time and effort put into the maps, and some creativity to it. Then the pony and jumpscare maps started coming along...

For a while it was just one or two popping up every so often, and I was fine with it then, cause like it's been said I didn't have to play them and they were usually pretty easy to pick out. Then they started getting rather famous, as a lot of people started making LP's of JUST JUMPSCARE MAPS. And then it kind of just became a wide spread trend, to the point now where 9/10 custom stories released now are either jumpscare maps or pony maps, and it seems like a lot of people are saying they're fans of Amnesia JUST because of these kinds of maps. Basically what I'm saying is, yes, I do believe he has grounds to say that these kind of maps (or rather this mindset the community has fallen into) are ruining the potential of Amnesia custom stories (though I do believe he's pinning the blame on something that doesn't really deserve it). Because now instead of a newbie coming in and seeing well thought out stories they see jumpscares and pony ragdolls/decals thrown around everywhere. I hope that made sense, sorry, I'm really bad at explaining things...

If you can't agree with what I said at least a little bit, then I'm sorry but you're the narrow minded one here.

Posting Freak
03-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Website Find