Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
The Escape
hiippari Offline

Threads: 4
RE: The Escape

What key ?
(04-01-2012, 04:41 PM)Skashi Wrote: ...
the maps are a bit bad constructet
the walls aren't flush...
the blood decals are blinking and so many exaggerated objects like the grunt parts...
and can't even find the key there

04-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Find
SharkFlow Offline

Threads: 0

Was a nice custom story, maybe need abit updates but other than that its good Smile
04-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Find
Kaizy Offline

Threads: 0

Gave it a play

Spoiler below!
While not bad, the map does need some serious work. Your textures clip and flicker a lot in random spots, and in the second area, there's a couple large boxes of intense bright light, but there's no source whatsoever. Some of the rooms feel a tad barren, and the layout needs work. A couple keys have some cryptic placement. My biggest complaint though is your monster placement/frequency. You have a surplus of monster encounters, so much so that I had 2 monsters roaming the halls at the same time at one point. The monsters patrol in areas that are incredibly tedious to get by without getting killed (I only managed to escape 1 monster), and this is because they patrol small halls with little to no room to hide or get by without being noticed, and their patrol route is very short, so you have such little time to react. The appearances of the monsters themselves is very sporadic and there's no way to know when or where one is going to come. I'd definitely suggest working on how you place your monsters, their patrol routes, using less of them and possibly making them despawn after a while instead of patrolling forever. Also, when you aren't being bombarded with monsters, the map is fairly...lacking in entertainment. It's just linear gameplay of get key, open door, get key, open door, monster, get key open door, rinse and repeat. You should mix it up more with some atmosphere, use some ambient sounds, maybe add more puzzles. Speaking of puzzles, I did, however, enjoy the buttons scattered through the 4 rooms in the third area used to open the other door in the hall, I thought that was a well executed idea.

You should really work with monsters some more, get placement and all that down.

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
04-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

stuck
Spoiler below!

I have hammer and chipper, and cannot combine them, is that right?
seems there are only one closed shelf in the table.
other keys fully operable
04-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Find
hiippari Offline

Threads: 4

(04-02-2012, 07:22 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: stuck
Spoiler below!

I have hammer and chipper, and cannot combine them, is that right?
seems there are only one closed shelf in the table.
other keys fully operable
I can combine the hammer and chipper so i think u have some kind of bug

04-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Find