Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 3.7 Average
Insanity : Nocturnal Confusion
LateForTea Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Insanity : Nocturnal Confusion

Good Custom story, love the detailed maps. At the end now, but I keep getting stuck/trapped:

Spoiler below!
In the mansion, once you have lifted the bed from the trapdoor, you go to some outside place with three houses. Once you leave that house, you will get chased by a Grunt and the blue light at the edge of the map teleports you back to the mansion. However, if you re-enter that outside map for a second time (and go back in that house) the blue light doesn't teleport you to the mansion, meaning you're stuck in that map.

Another part where I got stuck is when you clear the red web thing with acid, and the guy teleports you to some place saying "I will show you you're not as strong as you think you are". It is possible to climb up the pillar behind the altar and jump over the fence where the floating guy is. Once you're there, its not possible to get out again. I did this as I had no idea what to do anymore after stabbing the guy with a knife.

I'd suggest fixing this, as getting trapped and having to load an older save file really kills the mood you have been building up.

Also:
Spoiler below!
When you obtain the acid in the mansion from the lord (after placing that plant on him), a text will show up saying "U WILL NOT SURVIVE". I'd really recommend changing the "U" to "YOU".

Good custom story nontheless, with highly detailed maps. Can't wait to finish it.
04-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6

(04-18-2012, 03:06 PM)LateForTea Wrote: Good Custom story, love the detailed maps. At the end now, but I keep getting stuck/trapped:

Spoiler below!
In the mansion, once you have lifted the bed from the trapdoor, you go to some outside place with three houses. Once you leave that house, you will get chased by a Grunt and the blue light at the edge of the map teleports you back to the mansion. However, if you re-enter that outside map for a second time (and go back in that house) the blue light doesn't teleport you to the mansion, meaning you're stuck in that map.

Another part where I got stuck is when you clear the red web thing with acid, and the guy teleports you to some place saying "I will show you you're not as strong as you think you are". It is possible to climb up the pillar behind the altar and jump over the fence where the floating guy is. Once you're there, its not possible to get out again. I did this as I had no idea what to do anymore after stabbing the guy with a knife.

I'd suggest fixing this, as getting trapped and having to load an older save file really kills the mood you have been building up.

Also:
Spoiler below!
When you obtain the acid in the mansion from the lord (after placing that plant on him), a text will show up saying "U WILL NOT SURVIVE". I'd really recommend changing the "U" to "YOU".

Good custom story nontheless, with highly detailed maps. Can't wait to finish it.
Heh, you have no idea how many places there were to jump off the map before we started fixing it. Anyways, I'm sure that spelling error will be fixed if dnalange chooses to release an update.

04-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Find
Overkill232 Offline

Threads: 0

Hey JetLinerx I really like your custom story so far but I found a bug and it doesn't allow me to continue. When I get to the part when the grunt puts you in that prison cage where you have to blow the wall up. I do everything it says and then when I through a bucket it doesn't work. And when I threw a box the chemical disappeared. I'm sorry I have been having many complications I just want to let you know so that it can be fixed and people can enjoy your story.
04-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

(04-10-2012, 11:24 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: I have nothing to do with creating this story, other than posting the topic and trailer.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Website Find
mrscoomich Offline

why does the link not work ?
04-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

(04-19-2012, 08:52 PM)mrscoomich Wrote: why does the link not work ?
I dunno man, I think there's like five different links posted in this thread. Have you tried them all?

This one seems to still be working fine to me. Hope it helps.

04-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Find
mrscoomich Offline

(04-19-2012, 09:06 PM)SUMMER^ Wrote:
(04-19-2012, 08:52 PM)mrscoomich Wrote: why does the link not work ?
I dunno man, I think there's like five different links posted in this thread. Have you tried them all?

This one seems to still be working fine to me. Hope it helps.
no i haven't but yeah that one works thank you Smile !
04-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Find
LateForTea Offline

Ok, Im really stuck at the end and just cant figure out what to do

Spoiler below!
Once you clear the web behind the antagonist, you get teleported to this red-ish room. You have to stab the corpse on the altar with the knife, to get a bloody knife (which is still not bloody enough). What to do after this? There is no way out of the room, I can't use the poison on anything and I can't stab any of the grunts that spawned behind me either.

Any1 figured this one out?
04-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

(04-18-2012, 10:05 PM)Overkill232 Wrote: Hey JetLinerx I really like your custom story so far but I found a bug and it doesn't allow me to continue. When I get to the part when the grunt puts you in that prison cage where you have to blow the wall up. I do everything it says and then when I through a bucket it doesn't work. And when I threw a box the chemical disappeared. I'm sorry I have been having many complications I just want to let you know so that it can be fixed and people can enjoy your story.
Yes, this is a known bug. You must use the rock underwater near the chemical pot to hit it with, or it bugs out. Hope this didn't cause you too much trouble.

04-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

I'm having the same problem as LateForTea

It sucks because I can't complete the CS *rage*
04-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Find