Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request: Cultist enemy
R. Peters Offline

Threads: 10
Request: Cultist enemy

Hey all.

I'm working on another custom story at the moment, and i'm wondering if any of you model creating wizards out there could tell me if it's possible or not to create an animated 'cultist' type enemy more or less from scratch? Something like a dark robed humanoid figure with a walking/running and attacking animation.

I figured something like this would really add a new element to custom stories, as currently every single enemy you can get (except the penumbra dog) is supernatural in some way.

I have no experience with creating models/animations at all, so sorry if this is a ridiculous thing to ask in some way Tongue

Author of: - A Morbid New Year (Also available as a full conversion).
04-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Request: Cultist enemy

It is absolutely possible, and an interesting idea. I can't promise anything but I might actually have to give this a shot.
04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Find
R. Peters Offline

(04-13-2012, 12:22 PM)Traggey Wrote: It is absolutely possible, and an interesting idea. I can't promise anything but I might actually have to give this a shot.

I for one would love that. I'm sure many more would appreciate having this additional element too. Sadly i'm not set up for modelling and animations, I have never done it and have no idea of the software or 'lessons' involved in doing so. Still, if you're gonna give it a go that would be awesome, I was messing around with the model editor that came with Amnesia earlier and noticed that it was possible to give the male corpse some enemy attributes (in the end I managed to make a flying jesus that floats towards you, but it doesn't have any real animations or attacks). This might be a good starting point, perhaps Smile

04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Find
trollox Offline

Threads: 16

Sounds interesting. I agree it would defently make an impact on the element that amnesia brings.
If you descide to make this Traggey i wish you best of luck , i also now that you're great modeler so i have no doubt that it'd be epic if you did it. Anyhow if not , that's a shame because this idea defently brings somthing to the table. Oh well i don't really know what i'm talking about x)

Trollox.
04-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

If Traggey decides to do this, I can animate it if needed.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

04-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

Threads: 102

(04-13-2012, 12:22 PM)Traggey Wrote: It is absolutely possible, and an interesting idea. I can't promise anything but I might actually have to give this a shot.
woa i realy need to see the model later ! Smile

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic - Hospital of horror , WIP
04-14-2012, 02:24 AM
Website Find
R. Peters Offline

(04-13-2012, 08:35 PM)Acies Wrote: If Traggey decides to do this, I can animate it if needed.

By the looks of the other responder(s), i'm not the only one who thinks that a fully animated human-ish enemy would be awesome Smile I wish I knew more about modelling and making animations hehe.

04-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

I actually need a dark robed man for my story too.Except not moving one.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

04-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Website Find
R. Peters Offline

(04-15-2012, 12:36 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Wow, that's actually a good idea - if the model is made and animated I'd probably try and use it.

Yeah I figured lots of people would like the idea Smile I'm currently making a custom story centred around a cult. I used Plutomaniac's imported penumbra dog, so I have a wild dog to put in outdoor environments and stuff as an enemy, but I need a humanoid, and having just 'zombies' essentially as enemies does sort of limit stories somewhat.

04-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Find
R. Peters Offline

(04-15-2012, 12:39 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: I actually need a dark robed man for my story too.Except not moving one.

Moving isn't really a problem Smile If you don't want him to do anything at all you could potentially just remove the animations. Or if you just want him to stand around and not attack then you could just set triggers disabled Smile Hopefully some genius on here is capable of making this.
(04-15-2012, 12:45 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(04-15-2012, 12:41 PM)R. Peters Wrote:
(04-15-2012, 12:36 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Wow, that's actually a good idea - if the model is made and animated I'd probably try and use it.

Yeah I figured lots of people would like the idea Smile I'm currently making a custom story centred around a cult. I used Plutomaniac's imported penumbra dog, so I have a wild dog to put in outdoor environments and stuff as an enemy, but I need a humanoid, and having just 'zombies' essentially as enemies does sort of limit stories somewhat.
Yeah, I want an enemy that isn't just mr.face or the brute but actually humanoid, so this would fit perfectly.
To be honest, your custom story sounds rather interesting, is there a thread for it yet?

Not yet, I literally just started it maybe half a week or so ago now. I will soon be releasing my 1st Custom story to the public though (It's called A Morbid New Year), i'm just waiting for some music to be finished, and then it's up on Moddb. You can expect a similar (hopefully at least slightly better) standard than that one Smile Feel free to PM me about it if you're interested in anything i'm doing anyhow Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 10:16 AM by R. Peters.)
04-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Find