Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Music playing while file not on my computer.
narutohokager Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Music playing while file not on my computer.

(04-28-2012, 12:59 AM)MrIcabod123 Wrote: Tried it, didn't work. The music file "Penumbra_BP_A15" isn't even the one that's playing, the one playing is off my computer entirely, and the import didn't change anything.
After importing, you try WITHOUT the script, correct ? And the music always plays by itself ? Very strange... I do not think the map can play music without a script...

Have you tried with a new map ? At worst, try to remake the map... I can not help you more, sorry.

Sorry for my bad english
Amnesia The Revenge - Chapter 1
04-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Website Find
MrIcabod123 Offline

Threads: 7

(04-28-2012, 01:15 AM)narutohokager Wrote:
(04-28-2012, 12:59 AM)MrIcabod123 Wrote: Tried it, didn't work. The music file "Penumbra_BP_A15" isn't even the one that's playing, the one playing is off my computer entirely, and the import didn't change anything.
After importing, you try WITHOUT the script, correct ? And the music always plays by itself ? Very strange... I do not think the map can play music without a script...

Have you tried with a new map ? At worst, try to remake the map... I can not help you more, sorry.
How do you import? I might not of done it correctly.
EDIT: Yeah it still doesn't work, I'm just baffled at why it still plays without the audio file on my computer anymore.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2012, 02:04 AM by MrIcabod123.)
04-28-2012, 01:53 AM
Find
Xanthos Offline

Threads: 9

Maybe it's something with the actual Amnesia Game. Try re-downloading the game after backing up the files.

Back up ALL files like saves, custom stories, and other things you would like that doesn't come with the DL.

04-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Find
MrIcabod123 Offline

(04-28-2012, 02:08 AM)Xanthos Wrote: Maybe it's something with the actual Amnesia Game. Try re-downloading the game after backing up the files.

Back up ALL files like saves, custom stories, and other things you would like that doesn't come with the DL.
Just did a file integrity check using steam, found like 20 some-odd files to re-download, got those and the thing's still playing. I'll re-download if that's the only thing that will fix it, really annoying.

The thing is; the song playing without the actual file being there is like having a car go 100kph without an engine or gas, this is the first problem that actually stumped me.
04-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Find
narutohokager Offline

Do what Xanthos said yes, but before replacing the old files, try to create a small map, and checks if the music still plays.

If its still playing... You have a ghost in your computer Big Grin

Sorry for my bad english
04-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Website Find
MrIcabod123 Offline

It doesn't play when I make a new map, so that's good. would I really need to re-download amnesia? There's got to be a reason that it's still playing while not on this computer.
04-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-28-2012, 03:17 PM)MrIcabod123 Wrote: It doesn't play when I make a new map, so that's good. would I really need to re-download amnesia? There's got to be a reason that it's still playing while not on this computer.
Do you have a brother? ...who could have messed with you?
You say that you have NEVER played the song at the start of the map.
Could he have changed the sample of the lamp being raised, with the song?
Could he have edited the script and then changed the save path for you, so that your script doesn't update when you save it?

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Find
narutohokager Offline

(04-28-2012, 03:17 PM)MrIcabod123 Wrote: It doesn't play when I make a new map, so that's good. would I really need to re-download amnesia? There's got to be a reason that it's still playing while not on this computer.

Well, if, when you create a new map, the music is not played, And if you have the courage... You could try to remake the old map, If it was not too big...

If after having rebuilt the old map, the music still plays................... Dodgy Try a new installation of the game.

If you reinstall :

- First, uninstall the game itself, have a shot ccleaner, registry, restart the computer.

- And there, reinstall the game properly Wink

Sorry for my bad english
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2012, 07:31 PM by narutohokager.)
04-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Website Find
MrIcabod123 Offline

(04-28-2012, 03:51 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
Do you have a brother? ...who could have messed with you?
You say that you have NEVER played the song at the start of the map.
Could he have changed the sample of the lamp being raised, with the song?
Could he have edited the script and then changed the save path for you, so that your script doesn't update when you save it?
I would be proud if my brother could write void OnStart(), he wouldn't do this and he's got no idea how to script or anything. It only played when I hit the script area, now it always plays.

If the file isn't on my computer anymore, where's it getting the music from?

(04-28-2012, 05:07 PM)narutohokager Wrote:

Well, if, when you create a new map, the music is not played, And if you have the courage... You could try to remake the old map, If it was not too big...

If after having rebuilt the old map, the music still plays................... Dodgy Try a new installation of the game.

If you reinstall :

- First, uninstall the game itself, have a shot ccleaner, registry, restart the computer.

- And there, reinstall the game properly Wink
Re-Making the map would take ages, so that's pretty much out. If anything I could just restart the entire thing, although that would also take ages and suck.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2012, 08:30 PM by MrIcabod123.)
04-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Find
MrIcabod123 Offline

Ok so I did the import thing correctly and after a week of tampering the music's still playing, this is really annoying and blocking my progress hugely. I really don't want to re download Amnesia as I've got a bunch of stories and stuff installed, and it would just be a b*tch. There must be some other way. If anyone could help it would be awesome, thanks.

(Also haven't figured out why it's still playing while not on my computer)
05-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Find