Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A Morbid New Year (Custom Story/Full Conversion)
R. Peters Offline

Threads: 10
RE: A Morbid New Year (Custom Story/Full Conversion)

(05-01-2012, 09:59 AM)bobbo Wrote: Looks like I'm stuck. I made it to the Laundry room and jumped down the hole to the floor below it. From there I cannot proceed. There's one room with the puffy hallucination, two locked doors and a door leading to first floor level changer area but all the doors are locked there. Can I find any keys in this part from the flooded laundry room to the first floor? Or would I have had to find keys for this area before dropping down the laundry room hole?
Take another look on the second floor (the one with the flooded room). There is a key (two, but only one is necessary) you need to find in that area Smile

(05-01-2012, 10:13 AM)Skashi Wrote: Sorry, but i think it's a bit boring Sad

The most custom stories are the same,
Maybe it's a really good custom story, but after a while they get a bit lame, because it's mostly always the same Sad
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but it is a slow burner for sure. It doesn't really kick in with a lot of monsters until the second half of the story (you'll understand why if you finish it) Smile

(05-01-2012, 03:24 PM)kman Wrote:

Maybe it's a really good custom story, but after a while they get a bit lame, because it's mostly always the same Sad
Hoooooly shit the irony in this is killing me...
Inside joke or? XD Don't really know anyone on here.

Author of: - A Morbid New Year (Also available as a full conversion).
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 04:29 PM by R. Peters.)
05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(05-01-2012, 04:25 PM)R. Peters Wrote: Inside joke or? XD Don't really know anyone on here.

Do you at least know of the House of Creep series? That's all you need to know to laugh along with the others.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM by Your Computer.)
05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Website Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

well you're one to talk..

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 05:37 PM by Mine Turtle.)
05-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Could'nt load init file.. { Full CS }.........
05-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(05-01-2012, 04:25 PM)R. Peters Wrote: Take another look on the second floor (the one with the flooded room). There is a key (two, but only one is necessary) you need to find in that area Smile

Finally found them. I think it was the brightness in that room that made them "vanish" against the wall on my screen. Thanks for the hint.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 07:53 PM by bobbo.)
05-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Find
trollox Offline

Threads: 16

I rage quited. I really can't play well made custom stories i'm too big of a wuzz :C. But from what i saw during te time i played it was really nice. And i'll defently try and finnish it.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 07:20 PM by trollox.)
05-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Find
R. Peters Offline

(05-01-2012, 06:22 PM)dnalange Wrote: Could'nt load init file.. { Full CS }.........
i'm no genius, but other people seem to be getting it working, and it still works fine for me. Perhaps try re-downloading it in case of corrupt/missing data, or using the other version (full conversion/custom story versions). Hope it helps Smile

(05-01-2012, 07:19 PM)trollox Wrote: I rage quited. I really can't play well made custom stories i'm too big of a wuzz :C. But from what i saw during te time i played it was really nice. And i'll defently try and finnish it.
Haha, well you can always wait for the 'lets play's (I hope someone makes one anyway Tongue), but thank you for the compliments Smile I am glad some people are enjoying it anyway. Good luck with finishing it, if you try. Big Grin

(05-01-2012, 05:06 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(05-01-2012, 04:25 PM)R. Peters Wrote: Inside joke or? XD Don't really know anyone on here.

Do you at least know of the House of Creep series? That's all you need to know to laugh along with the others.
aaaaah I understand I think. I'm sure he meant no offense though, some people prefer games that get straight into the action, this one is more atmospheric and creepy (If I do say so myself Tongue) Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 08:11 PM by R. Peters.)
05-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Find
gatts205 Offline

Threads: 0

I think I may have run into a bug while playing the custom story version. On the first floor, after picking up both the meat tenderizer (hammer) and the well key, I approached the padlocked door at the end of the hallway to the right of the huge double doors. I got the massage that I should find a way through it and checked the inventory. Unfortunately both the hammer and the key had disappeared. I checked back where I had originally found them and they were not there either. This made it so that I could not continue the game, despite enjoying it so far.
I hope this is of help.
05-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Find
R. Peters Offline

(05-01-2012, 09:01 PM)gatts205 Wrote: I think I may have run into a bug while playing the custom story version. On the first floor, after picking up both the meat tenderizer (hammer) and the well key, I approached the padlocked door at the end of the hallway to the right of the huge double doors. I got the massage that I should find a way through it and checked the inventory. Unfortunately both the hammer and the key had disappeared. I checked back where I had originally found them and they were not there either. This made it so that I could not continue the game, despite enjoying it so far.
I hope this is of help.
Perhaps you're just going insane in real life? Tongue Try looking back where the key was again (in the hallway with loads of doors either side and one at the far end), or perhaps if you havn't found one or the other within a minute of losing them, have another look by the well door (hint: don't forget to check the floor too!)
If all else fails, let me know and i'll take another look at it. It worked every time after ridiculous amounts of testing for me Smile Good luck, and i'm glad you enjoyed it thus far, you're still in the less interesting half of the game too Tongue

05-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Find
gatts205 Offline

Threads: 0

(05-01-2012, 09:14 PM)R. Peters Wrote:
(05-01-2012, 09:01 PM)gatts205 Wrote: I think I may have run into a bug while playing the custom story version. On the first floor, after picking up both the meat tenderizer (hammer) and the well key, I approached the padlocked door at the end of the hallway to the right of the huge double doors. I got the massage that I should find a way through it and checked the inventory. Unfortunately both the hammer and the key had disappeared. I checked back where I had originally found them and they were not there either. This made it so that I could not continue the game, despite enjoying it so far.
I hope this is of help.
Perhaps you're just going insane in real life? Tongue Try looking back where the key was again (in the hallway with loads of doors either side and one at the far end), or perhaps if you havn't found one or the other within a minute of losing them, have another look by the well door (hint: don't forget to check the floor too!)
If all else fails, let me know and i'll take another look at it. It worked every time after ridiculous amounts of testing for me Smile Good luck, and i'm glad you enjoyed it thus far, you're still in the less interesting half of the game too.
I went back to my most recent save and tried to make it happen again. This time nothing occurred, so perhaps I am going insane.
Any way I just finished it and thought it was pretty good except for the scaling of the rooms. I can understand having large rooms for impact, but some of them were a little too big. Also the hallways could have been shorter so that the rooms were closer together. It isn't a matter of great importance though, it would only make the level design seem more in keeping with reality (unless you were going for something different of course).

05-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Find