Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

ESC issue
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
ESC issue

Why does ESC sometimes/rarely work only on desktop and not on fullscreen applications like games? At this moment i'm having an issue with Amnesia, esc doesn't work there. but CTRL + ESC works on windows and i've tried another game too. Still doesn't work. How to solve it? (it sometimes happens, not always)

listen to boards of canada
05-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: ESC issue

The Esc keyboard shortcut is normally within the application scope, and so applications can do what they wish with it, even having it do nothing when triggered. In order for keyboard shortcuts that are within the scope of the application to work, the application must have keyboard focus. Note, just because the window is in fullscreen mode, that doesn't mean it has keyboard focus, let alone complete control of the Esc key. Ctrl + Esc shortcut is a Windows reserved shortcut within the global scope and so should work every time (except perhaps when Windows has "locked up").

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM by Your Computer.)
05-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Yes but it doesn't work in Amnesia, Why doesn't it work in any game? Sad
And how to solve it?
How to do it without restarting? (haven't tried yet, but cannot do it all the times it happens)
Also when I change imputs in amnesia doesn't work..

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012, 03:46 PM by Hardarm.)
05-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

If multiple games are being affected without you messing around with the control settings of the game, then chances are there is another program reserving that shortcut for itself or that the Esc key is being disabled (by another program).

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
05-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

(05-02-2012, 03:48 PM)Your Computer Wrote: If multiple games are being affected without you messing around with the control settings of the game, then chances are there is another program reserving that shortcut for itself or that the Esc key is being disabled (by another program).
Yeah! you made me remember about a photoshop problem about it!
Thank you ! Smile

05-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Website Find