Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't give Glass_container? Say wut?
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
can't give Glass_container? Say wut?

Yea so all my "giveitem" functions works:

GiveItem("hollow_needle_1", "hollow_needle", "hollow_needle_1", "hollow_needle.tga", 1);

GiveItem("glass_container_mix_done", "glass_container_mix_done", "glass_container_mix_done", "glass_container_mix_done.tga", 1);

GiveItem("chemical_1", "chemical_container", "chemical_1", "chemical_container.tga", 1);

GiveItem("chemical_2", "chemical_container", "chemical_2", "chemical_container.tga", 1);

GiveItem("chemical_roed", "chemical_container_half", "chemical_roed", "chemical_container_half.tga", 1);

GiveItem("chemical_groen", "chemical_container_full", "chemical_groen", "chemical_container_full.tga", 1);

Except for this one:

GiveItem("glass_container", "glass_container", "glass_container", "glass_container.tga", 1);

I have no idea why!! It just won't give me the glass_container! I can't use the giveitemfromfile script, because it doesn't have the SubItemTypeName.

What can i do?

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 08:21 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
05-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39
RE: can't give Glass_container? Say wut?

(05-06-2012, 07:29 PM)beecake Wrote: Yea so all my "giveitem" functions works:

GiveItem("hollow_needle_1", "hollow_needle", "hollow_needle_1", "hollow_needle.tga", 1);

GiveItem("glass_container_mix_done", "glass_container_mix_done", "glass_container_mix_done", "glass_container_mix_done.tga", 1);

GiveItem("chemical_1", "chemical_container", "chemical_1", "chemical_container.tga", 1);

GiveItem("chemical_2", "chemical_container", "chemical_2", "chemical_container.tga", 1);

GiveItem("chemical_roed", "chemical_container_half", "chemical_roed", "chemical_container_half.tga", 1);

GiveItem("chemical_groen", "chemical_container_full", "chemical_groen", "chemical_container_full.tga", 1);

Except for this one:

GiveItem("glass_container", "glass_container", "glass_container", "glass_container.tga", 1);

I have no idea why!! It just won't give me the glass_container! I can't use the giveitemfromfile script, because it doesn't have the SubItemTypeName.

What can i do?
GiveItem("", "glass_container_1", "glass_container", "glass_container.tga", 1);

Try that^ By the way, you don't need the first ""'s because you only use it IF the item is in (internal) the map.

However, if it is in the map (let's say, stored in a chest), then I think you do have to fill the first ""'s
In that case:

GiveItem("glass_container_1", "glass_container_1", "glass_container", "glass_container.tga", 1);

I would try both, though, just in case Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 08:15 PM by SonOfLiberty796.)
05-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Find
Posting Freak

Yea i've searched alot about this.

The way i see it

The first "" is the internal name. I need it, because the item is used in a function. = "glass_container"
The second "" is its type = What item it actually is. The item is glass_container (as in the level editor) = "glass_container"
The third "" is for the SubItemTypeName which connects to my .lang file (with the entry name: glass_container) = "glass_container"
And the fourth "" is for the item to have a picture in the inventory = "glass_container.tga"

Therefor i need all of the "". And the script is exactly like the others... with only the item name changed..

05-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Internal names are required for use item callbacks and the like. GiveItem is normally used for items that don't have a relative .ent file.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
05-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Website Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Quote:Yea i've searched alot about this.

The way i see it

The first "" is the internal name. I need it, because the item is used in a function. = "glass_container"
The second "" is its type = What item it actually is. The item is glass_container (as in the level editor) = "glass_container"
The third "" is for the SubItemTypeName which connects to my .lang file (with the entry name: glass_container) = "glass_container"
And the fourth "" is for the item to have a picture in the inventory = "glass_container.tga"

Therefor i need all of the "". And the script is exactly like the others... with only the item name changed..
(05-06-2012, 08:42 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Internal names are required for use item callbacks and the like. GiveItem is normally used for items that don't have a relative .ent file.
Ahhh ok. Sorry 'bout that (giving you the wrong idea). I was trying to help but I didn't know about the GiveItem's function and the internal names. Confused
05-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Find
Posting Freak

Sorry if i was rude.. Im glad you want to help Smile I'm just stressed out myself, because im under time pressure... and have worked on this story in a lOooooong time

05-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(05-06-2012, 09:03 PM)beecake Wrote: Sorry if i was rude.. Im glad you want to help Smile I'm just stressed out myself, because im under time pressure... and have worked on this story in a lOooooong time
You weren't rude Smile I understand your situation too. I've been working on my full conversion too and it's almost been a year (except it isn't a "year's worth of work", it's because sometimes I didn't have time to work on it and also because there was times where I wanted to quit/did quit, but restored back up due to some wanting it and I HAVE to release it this week, because I don't want to "lag it" again.

And not to mention, my beta testers say I need a lot to work on and stuff (and they are being helpful and giving me tips Smile ) but it's ok because it's my first story haha.

Hope yours goes well Smile
05-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Find
Posting Freak

It really does... Im just so close to finish and then this shows up... Hope i get an answer soon. Otherwise i will have to do something else...

05-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Basic steps to debugging:

Step 1: refer to the hpl.log.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Website Find
Posting Freak

The hpl.log? How do i paste it. It isn't my notepad++ file right?

EDIT: I think i got it

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 43.18 KB / Downloads: 100)

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 09:26 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
05-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Find