Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
Followed By Death: Chapter Two
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Followed By Death: Chapter Two

(05-17-2012, 10:53 PM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote: After seeing more of Cry playing this custom story...

JMFStorm... you need to get hired by Frictional Games.
Agreed, when I played it I never felt safe Undecided . Even in the [SPOILER] Study or whatever it is called where it was very well lit (beautiful outdoor scenery as well I might add), and I still got scared silly by that damn grunt. [/END SPOILER]

I rate it 3 memes.
05-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Find
Dafty Offline
Banned

Threads: 0

So great like the chapter 1

In this chapter we really see that the "hero" (the guy we play) goes really deeper in the castle, the dark face of the castle

Great story Amazing scripting and scary moment Amazing atmosphere
Really very good job to all your staff/team Wink

Now we wait for chapter 3 Smile
05-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

(05-18-2012, 10:23 PM)Dafty Wrote: So great like the chapter 1

In this chapter we really see that the "hero" (the guy we play) goes really deeper in the castle, the dark face of the castle

I believe JMFStorm actually created all of this by himself.

I rate it 3 memes.
05-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

(05-18-2012, 10:28 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 10:23 PM)Dafty Wrote: So great like the chapter 1

I believe JMFStorm actually created all of this by himself.
I think I remember helping a bit with bug testing and helping write a lot of stuff. Did my corrections actually make it into the finished game? Cool. But yeah, he did like 98% of the work. Tongue I think.

05-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Find
SunAndMoonProductions Offline

I had the pleasure of playing your first chapter, it scared the crap out of me and I adored the pacing and the way the scares were done. I am now playing the second. I have to say, I am more scared than when I played the actual game, every single second I am jumping and whimpering and I even find myself looking over my shoulder in the game to see if I am being followed. The atmosphere is amazing, the level design is amazing, the puzzles are great and I'd say this custom story is on par with the scares and atmosphere the original game had.

Just now I had to stop playing it because I finally got cornered by a monster just as I tried to convince myself I was safe going into a small room and got cornered and just as the chase music started I had to pause and I broke down crying for the FIRST time in ANY Amnesia Custom Story and quit the game. ):

You, JMFStorm, have made a truly terrifying custom story. You have my respect!

Now I just need to decide whether or not I can suck up my fear and cowardice enough to continue it.... 3x
05-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8

(05-20-2012, 02:32 AM)SunAndMoonProductions Wrote: I had the pleasure of playing your first chapter, it scared the crap out of me and I adored the pacing and the way the scares were done. I am now playing the second. I have to say, I am more scared than when I played the actual game, every single second I am jumping and whimpering and I even find myself looking over my shoulder in the game to see if I am being followed. The atmosphere is amazing, the level design is amazing, the puzzles are great and I'd say this custom story is on par with the scares and atmosphere the original game had.

Just now I had to stop playing it because I finally got cornered by a monster just as I tried to convince myself I was safe going into a small room and got cornered and just as the chase music started I had to pause and I broke down crying for the FIRST time in ANY Amnesia Custom Story and quit the game. ):

You, JMFStorm, have made a truly terrifying custom story. You have my respect!

Now I just need to decide whether or not I can suck up my fear and cowardice enough to continue it.... 3x
Another successful victim >Big Grin

05-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Find
Kalthramis Offline

Threads: 2

Just watched ChatoicMonkie on Youtube go through this. My GOD I haven't pulled my own hair so much since forever. And I wasn't even playing!

The scripting, map design, and just overall execution was amazing! Bravo, sirs, bravos.

I'm too scared to play this myself, but I eagerly away chapter 3.
05-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

(05-22-2012, 07:47 AM)Kalthramis Wrote: Just watched ChatoicMonkie on Youtube go through this. My GOD I haven't pulled my own hair so much since forever. And I wasn't even playing!

The scripting, map design, and just overall execution was amazing! Bravo, sirs, bravos.

You can't watch a LP, you have to play it for yourself! That's like watching someone eat an ice-cream cone and then trying to imagine how it tastes, it just doesn't work! It is sooo much better playing through it yourself. Whats the point of the Amnesia custom stories if you don't like being scared?

I rate it 3 memes.
05-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(05-22-2012, 09:10 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 07:47 AM)Kalthramis Wrote: Just watched ChatoicMonkie on Youtube go through this. My GOD I haven't pulled my own hair so much since forever. And I wasn't even playing!

You can't watch a LP, you have to play it for yourself! That's like watching someone eat an ice-cream cone and then trying to imagine how it tastes, it just doesn't work! It is sooo much better playing through it yourself. Whats the point of the Amnesia custom stories if you don't like being scared?
There's nothing wrong with being too scared to play the game, that's possibly the best compliment you can pay to a horror game or custom story, I was terrified just watching Cry's playthrough, I'd probably end up curling up in a fetal position in a corner somewhere if I tried playing it

So basically...back off
05-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Website Find
Tordo Offline

Played through a little while ago and just decided to write up on it now. I felt that this custom story was very well-done. Reminiscent of the original Amnesia in terms of shock factor and tension. I haven't felt like not wanting to continue any further in an Amnesia custom story in a while, but this custom story did very well here.
Spoiler below!
Especially liked the part where you had to use the acid more than once [once to get the chipper and once to weaken the padlock] as it forced you to have to meet the brute at least twice. Made me very nervous to have to travel back to that area.

Liked the scares and their execution. Puzzles were good and not mind-numbingly frustrating to complete. The story, as it was in Chapter 1, was interesting and makes me want to know more of what happened.

In essence, a very solid custom story. Deserves the 5/5 rating. Will be looking forward to Chapter 3.
05-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Find