Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should these types of maps stay?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
33.33%
16 33.33%
No!
66.67%
32 66.67%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The decline of custom stories.
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: The decline of custom stories.

(06-03-2012, 05:53 AM)Dagrocks Wrote: I've changed my mind from the original post because I think we should either have a way to filter serious/unserious custom stories, or to let people know they can post their Pewdiepie maps to his website. The only reason I somewhat angered about that before is because I was really upset that my friend left the forums because everybody ignored him and his story that I know he worked very hard on. He was sad because his map was surrounded by other maps that were stuff like TROLL MAP or something like that. Sorry if anybody was upset about the original post. I should have thought a little more...
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ORIGINAL POST:

Ever since Pewdiepie became popular I have noticed a huge decline in how well custom stories are made. Like all of these Pewdiepie maps. I want legitimate custom stories easier to find. I don't want anymore of these annoying Pewdie/MLP/Troll/whatever maps. I am a brony, and I HATE the My Little Pony maps.
Basically, the point of this is that I want people who agree with this to help me show these people we don't want this. We want something creative and not completely talentless and uncreative. I believe this is about to get worse now that Toby Turner will be playing custom stories. So please. Let's just show them this shouldnt be happening. I know people can make whatever they want, but they aren't doing anything new at all. There must be another custom story exactly like the uncreative veal you made. I like dark room because it was original for Amnesia. It was basically the first joke map. It was hilarious! Too bad your map will never have that feeling. Come up with something new. Do something new. If you want people with a brain to like you, DO SOMETHING NEW!

The only reason this matters is because the more worthlessness there is, the harder it is to find something great.

Because I am curious, I am adding a Poll.

Thank you for reading this. I hope it changes someone's mind about what they are doing.
which story did your friend make? id like to try it, if i havent already Big Grin

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
06-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

I really feel for your friend; I've been in that position many times in various places. So, whenever he gets back on (how long can one possible pout over this?), tell him I want to play his story as well.

Insanity. Static.
06-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

(06-06-2012, 10:41 AM)darkadders Wrote:
(06-03-2012, 05:53 AM)Dagrocks Wrote: I've changed my mind from the original post because I think we should either have a way to filter serious/unserious custom stories, or to let people know they can post their Pewdiepie maps to his website. The only reason I somewhat angered about that before is because I was really upset that my friend left the forums because everybody ignored him and his story that I know he worked very hard on. He was sad because his map was surrounded by other maps that were stuff like TROLL MAP or something like that. Sorry if anybody was upset about the original post. I should have thought a little more...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ORIGINAL POST:

Ever since Pewdiepie became popular I have noticed a huge decline in how well custom stories are made. Like all of these Pewdiepie maps. I want legitimate custom stories easier to find. I don't want anymore of these annoying Pewdie/MLP/Troll/whatever maps. I am a brony, and I HATE the My Little Pony maps.

Basically, the point of this is that I want people who agree with this to help me show these people we don't want this. We want something creative and not completely talentless and uncreative. I believe this is about to get worse now that Toby Turner will be playing custom stories. So please. Let's just show them this shouldnt be happening. I know people can make whatever they want, but they aren't doing anything new at all. There must be another custom story exactly like the uncreative veal you made. I like dark room because it was original for Amnesia. It was basically the first joke map. It was hilarious! Too bad your map will never have that feeling. Come up with something new. Do something new. If you want people with a brain to like you, DO SOMETHING NEW!

The only reason this matters is because the more worthlessness there is, the harder it is to find something great.

Because I am curious, I am adding a Poll.

Thank you for reading this. I hope it changes someone's mind about what they are doing.

which story did your friend make? id like to try it, if i havent already Big Grin

(06-06-2012, 11:22 AM)Juby Wrote: I really feel for your friend; I've been in that position many times in various places. So, whenever he gets back on (how long can one possible pout over this?), tell him I want to play his story as well.

Hey darkadders, he isn't around right now so I will have to see what's up with that. And Juby, I will make sure to tell him about this when he comes back Smile
06-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Once upon a time I liked this community. It grew, and became a joke. No offense, but this community became a JOKE. Few leaders and too many followers, and not very good followers. The community has been taught the art of copying each other and is full of haters and people who are ready to rate your thread with 1 star for the sake of doing so.

Most don't understand the effort that must be put into a story, a map, or even a simple sound to create something meaningful, something that will make a difference in your life or make you think about it at least. It can do such things, it can be a good thing. These kind of joke maps or whatever you want to call it are made by talentless people, and that can be seen by the quality of the maps(with a few exceptions of course), a bunch of copycats that live in these forums trying to be someone by releasing fucked up, useless content too frequently.

This community followed the wrong leaders, and development decayed. Good development practices are shared by few, while a bunch try to become something more, not even understanding how low they just got themselves.

This was once a great community. Now, it's a fucking kindergarten.

Apologies to everyone who does not relate to what I say and feels like their work, THEIR HARD WORK, is not being recognized and compensated.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 08:04 PM by nemesis567.)
06-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(06-06-2012, 08:01 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: Once upon a time I liked this community. It grew, and became a joke. No offense, but this community became a JOKE. Few leaders and too many followers, and not very good followers. The community has been taught the art of copying each other and is full of haters and people who are ready to rate your thread with 1 star for the sake of doing so.

Most don't understand the effort that must be put into a story, a map, or even a simple sound to create something meaningful, something that will make a difference in your life or make you think about it at least. It can do such things, it can be a good thing. These kind of joke maps or whatever you want to call it are made by talentless people, and that can be seen by the quality of the maps(with a few exceptions of course), a bunch of copycats that live in these forums trying to be someone by releasing fucked up, useless content too frequently.

This community followed the wrong leaders, and development decayed. Good development practices are shared by few, while a bunch try to become something more, not even understanding how low they just got themselves.

Apologies to everyone who does not relate to what I say and feels like their work, THEIR HARD WORK, is not being recognized and compensated.
+1

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
06-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

(06-06-2012, 08:01 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: Once upon a time I liked this community. It grew, and became a joke. No offense, but this community became a JOKE. Few leaders and too many followers, and not very good followers. The community has been taught the art of copying each other and is full of haters and people who are ready to rate your thread with 1 star for the sake of doing so.

Completely agree.
06-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Find
devin413 Offline

Threads: 7

Theres a pewdiepie forum maybe they can put the jumpscare maps for pewdiepie in there isn't that and idea ^^. i like jumpscare maps but JUST when they are good and with out key quest all the time. so the only think what pisses me off on jumpscare maps
is the bad mapping and those bad puzzels.

Boris Game Studios: Devin413 Moddels Maps Scripts.
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

06-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

I rarely see you post but when you do it has meaning Smile
+1

I think (hope) there is still the great developing community out there, It's just they get their content released less often so it gets drowned out by the constant stream of... not-so-good maps.

I do miss the old forum where I could release my first map and get positive criticism, rather than have it tore to pieces because it used too many keys, or too many jumpscares. So in a way I do feel for the 'talentless' guys too, because i've been there at one point - unable to rotate the camera, forgetting welders, no story and a lack of interesting puzzles.

06-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

You guys are smart people. I'm glad nobody has posted yet saying "omg dont mak fun of pewdee"
06-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

I voted yes because mainly i'm trying really hard and i'm planning A LOT for my new custom story and i think everyone deserves their moment to shine.

But i also wanted to vote no because at the same time i hate people who change the name of custom stories and just add new items and other pointless s#*? to existing maps.

So both yes and no and that's where the filter comes in and it would be a great idea.
06-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Website Find