Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[REL] The Attic: Chapter 3
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: [REL] The Attic: Chapter 3

This mod had some extremely cheap scares, first you throw a gazillion poofers at me, and then when the first real monster appear I must run, no hiding allowed.

The mapping was mediocre, with a lack of detail and some ridiculously bright pointlights.

Chapter 1 was decent, 2 and 3 were a huge disappointment TBH.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 03:28 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
08-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(08-23-2012, 07:13 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: Statyc -

You know, I'm not real sure why you started to turn your sights on me, but ever since I joined the forum, NOT EVEN WITH A CUSTOM STORY, you fucked with me. (1) I seriously dont understand, but thats besides the point, allow me to address you, because you are VERY wrong in everything you said.

I'm glad you are able to see all the things wrong with our CS, maybe if you took the time to enjoy something, rather than nit picking it for all the faults, you may actually enjoy the stories this community makes as a HOBBY. Nobody claimed to be big shots, especially not me. We made a custom story, our first one ever at that and it struck gold. (2) Why? We still dont know to this day, but why are you blaming us for that? You really think we hold ourselves higher than everyone else just because we have a high rating? Well you are very wrong. I am moving to Source, and CryEngine, becuase they have a 10x better community. (3) This one is filled with dick wads like you who just attack any user for anything you can get your hands on, and it's time a modding community apreciates the work, and art (like you said they were) that people put hard work into. (4) Sure, we dont have fancy custom models, animations, and shit like that, and sure White Night, Insomnia etc DO! (5) But when did we ever go around saying: HEY EVERYONE! PLAY UNORIGIONAL, DEFAULT CUSTOM STORIES LIKE OURS, AND NOT THESE CRAPPY FULL CONVERSIONS! Never! It really is true that people hate popularity. Just because we struck gold, and you didnt, you decide it's our fault your content failed. How about actually looking at your content instead of blaming others, I'm sure you will find an answer there, as I have many times. Maybe you cant find it, and in that case, look how friendly of a guy you are. (6) People are attracted to good developers, who spend time with the community, not only that, but are nice to them. If Valve was a bunch of douche bags, would there be many people who still wanted their game? Probably not! So take a look at your posts, they say a lot about you. They definitely tell me I would never want to meet you in real life. I bumped the topic because we had a fan base who cared. If nobody cared about the custom story, there would be two posts. In progress, and released. But people want to know how far along we are, what we are doing, etc. and thus I made updates for them. (7) Again, dont blame us for being popular, we did nothing but create a custom story, that went better than expected. I feel that we rush these too, but that is an argument best left between myself, and my co-dev, as we debate this all the time. (8) To me, it looks like we have a HIGHLY caring audience, so based on your formula, we have great care for our CS. So thank you for the complement in this endless sea of assholeyness.

Finally, you claim I'm gona need some luck to be successful? How about this big shot:

1. I own my own very successful video marketing company making national television commercials.
2. I am double majoring in technical communication, and video production.
and
3. I work a full time job.

Look me in the eye, and tell my I am unsuccessful. (9)

You are the one spending your time moderating the forum, as a user, and not even a figure of authority. You may be the one who needs to take a look at what being successful means.
1) I have given my feedback to plenty of other custom stories, buddy. Perhaps not as brutal as this, but you deserve it for how you can not take criticism. ANYONE says something bad about your work and you call them an asshole. Good job! =D

2) It didn't exactly "strike gold". You merely have fans of people with low standards, willing to call anything good. Look at the quotes you gave on the first post, I don't even know who they are. They could be your friends or parents for all I know. White Night struck gold. Why? Because it has won awards and has an original story that plays through the whole mod, not in segments, mixed with shitty scares mixed in the middle. Are any of the things I have gold? Of course not. They may not be perfect, but I sure as hell make sure I put some love and care into it for christ's sake.

3) This also is the case because the people there have an eye for art. They make things of high quality and know what they are doing. If you keep this quality up, you're going to have a bad time.

4) Where was the hard work in The Attic?

5) You don't need custom models to make us happy. Look at Nepsis, The Machine, Deterioration, La Caza, Followed by Death, Icarus. All original assets, and why are they notable of quality? Because they have effort put in and a convincing story.

6) Anyone that knows me knows I am quite the loving, happy person. I like many many people in this forum, which is why I am still here. But some people like you, make my head spin with your arrogance. =\

7) Go look at when you bumped repeatedly... How many people responded to your bumps? 0-2 people every time. Get over yourself.

8) So you're saying feedback given by your audience does not matter? Great thinkin' Holmes!

9) When did I say you were unsuccessful? When did I say I cared about your job status? Perhaps your company has decent standards for the product you put out, but the game industry requires a higher level of standards when it comes to art nowadays. You may be successful with whatever you're doing, but perhaps you should keep your profession there.

I don't mean to be an angry person. And generally, my temper is always cool. But are possibly one of THE most smug people I have ever met. The regard you hold yourself over others based upon your reactions to negative feedback is disgusting. All you want is praise. You're not going to get that. So listen to others when you are told things. We gave you what needed fixing in 1 and 2 and you CONTINUED to ignore our input, made another lazy chapter and sorry, but you deserve what you are getting here.

This is my last post here. Like Darkadders said, good riddance. We need people who can take a punch.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 04:39 PM by Statyk.)
08-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Find
Posting Freak

[Image: voMly.jpg]
Created by JMFStorm.

08-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(08-23-2012, 04:52 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [Image: voMly.jpg]
Created by JMFStorm.
OMFG XD Saving this.
08-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Well yeah.. I am indeed closing this, for NOW.

Calm your pants down, I'll re-open tomorrow.

Edit: Reopened.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 02:30 PM by Traggey.)
08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

don´t worry jetliner, haters gonna hate,but whatever. nice map,good scripting,good jumpscares. and nice story!! i give this custom story a 10/10(5 stars here)
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 06:44 PM by Gaviao.)
08-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Find
lolmaster Offline

Threads: 9

(08-24-2012, 06:41 PM)Gaviao Wrote: don´t worry jetliner, haters gonna hate,but whatever. nice map,good scripting,good jumpscares. and nice story!! i give this custom story a 10/10(5 stars here)
So you're implying that giving criticism is hate.
You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I can tell you that.

08-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

nope, i´m saying that some ppl only come to the topics to say bad things about the custom stories, thats called a hater,want to help the creator? start saying,hey jetliner the map is good and everything, but you missed this and this and that... but instead of that, they come here saying,bad things... i´m not going to say who is doing that, but they are doing that since 4 months ago... and 1 of those ppl said in this topic that they not put an hard work in the attic...
P.S:i used google translator again,you may see some errors in my english,bye!!
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 07:22 PM by Gaviao.)
08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(08-23-2012, 07:13 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: Statyc -

You know, I'm not real sure why you started to turn your sights on me, but ever since I joined the forum, NOT EVEN WITH A CUSTOM STORY, you fucked with me. I seriously dont understand, but thats besides the point, allow me to address you, because you are VERY wrong in everything you said.

I'm glad you are able to see all the things wrong with our CS, maybe if you took the time to enjoy something, rather than nit picking it for all the faults, you may actually enjoy the stories this community makes as a HOBBY. Nobody claimed to be big shots, especially not me. We made a custom story, our first one ever at that and it struck gold. Why? We still dont know to this day, but why are you blaming us for that? You really think we hold ourselves higher than everyone else just because we have a high rating? Well you are very wrong. I am moving to Source, and CryEngine, becuase they have a 10x better community. This one is filled with dick wads like you who just attack any user for anything you can get your hands on, and it's time a modding community apreciates the work, and art (like you said they were) that people put hard work into. Sure, we dont have fancy custom models, animations, and shit like that, and sure White Night, Insomnia etc DO! But when did we ever go around saying: HEY EVERYONE! PLAY UNORIGIONAL, DEFAULT CUSTOM STORIES LIKE OURS, AND NOT THESE CRAPPY FULL CONVERSIONS! Never! It really is true that people hate popularity. Just because we struck gold, and you didnt, you decide it's our fault your content failed. How about actually looking at your content instead of blaming others, I'm sure you will find an answer there, as I have many times. Maybe you cant find it, and in that case, look how friendly of a guy you are. People are attracted to good developers, who spend time with the community, not only that, but are nice to them. If Valve was a bunch of douche bags, would there be many people who still wanted their game? Probably not! So take a look at your posts, they say a lot about you. They definitely tell me I would never want to meet you in real life. I bumped the topic because we had a fan base who cared. If nobody cared about the custom story, there would be two posts. In progress, and released. But people want to know how far along we are, what we are doing, etc. and thus I made updates for them. Again, dont blame us for being popular, we did nothing but create a custom story, that went better than expected. I feel that we rush these too, but that is an argument best left between myself, and my co-dev, as we debate this all the time. To me, it looks like we have a HIGHLY caring audience, so based on your formula, we have great care for our CS. So thank you for the complement in this endless sea of assholeyness.

Finally, you claim I'm gona need some luck to be successful? How about this big shot:

1. I own my own very successful video marketing company making national television commercials.
2. I am double majoring in technical communication, and video production.
and
3. I work a full time job.

Look me in the eye, and tell my I am unsuccessful.

You are the one spending your time moderating the forum, as a user, and not even a figure of authority. You may be the one who needs to take a look at what being successful means.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZe4jgI9R4qwC0PseIjtC...95_mSZMpGg]

08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(08-24-2012, 07:14 PM)Gaviao Wrote: nope, i´m saying that some ppl only come to the topics to say bad things about the custom stories, thats called a hater,want to help the creator? start saying,hey jetliner the map is good and everything, but you missed this and this and that... but instead of that, they come here saying,bad things... i´m not going to say who is doing that, but they are doing that since 4 months ago... and 1 of those ppl said in this topic that they not put an hard work in the attic...
P.S:i used google translator again,you may see some errors in my english,bye!!
I think Statyk is trying to say (and I agree completely) that the mapping/scripting isn't really that good for the amount of praise this series gets; there are many much more deserving mods with real talent behind them that are way better all around (mapping/detailing, use of sounds, script events, etc) and end up getting pushed to the bottom of showcase for all eternity. This is nothing more than your average mod, yet it is revered like White Night.

Also, the devs claimed that they would begin working with other engines (both named are much more difficult than HPL2). Statyk was simply telling them that they wouldn't be taken seriously on either forum if they put the in the same amount of work as they did for The Attic. Personally, I think they need to spend a lot more time on HPL2 before they take the next step.

They block out all the criticism, and when someone finally catches their attention on the subject, JetlinerX has to write a wall of text defending himself and throws out all of his credentials as though they mean something around here. He then has the audacity to make multiple personal attacks and insult the community as a whole; I certainly won't miss him.

I rate it 3 memes.
08-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Find