Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
Water

What is the difference if I make the plain with Water material - and already it looks like a water without making, so called, Liquid area. As I understand the only difference is that the player can't drown in such visible Water without Liquid area. Or there are some other things I should keep in mind?

I've read this article: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...?s[]=water

But I just want to understand the details. For example I want to make a river, really low so player can't drown in any way. So I thought I should not even bother making Liquid area. But maybe I am missing something, something very important?

And another question is there any callback that the player is standing in the water? Or that Liquid area is exactly for that, without mentioning it's other bounties.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012, 01:20 PM by Alex Ros.)
12-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Water

The liquid area provides splash sounds and relevant particle systems and allows certain entities to float in it. Liquid areas do not drown the player. It should be possible to add a collision callback to the liquid area, but i've never had the need to do it. A primitive plane with a water material, as far as i know, can at most provide a wet floor footstep sound, assuming collision is active for it.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012, 01:35 PM by Your Computer.)
12-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Website Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: Water

(12-07-2012, 01:35 PM)Your Computer Wrote: The liquid area provides splash sounds and relevant particle systems and allows certain entities to float in it...
Oh I see, these are important things. Without sound and steps splashes water is not like the water. Thanks!
12-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Website Find