Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about loading saved game from an Amnesia Dark Descent mod
PureHawk Offline

Threads: 1
question about loading saved game from an Amnesia Dark Descent mod

hi everyone

not too sure if this is the appropriate location to post this but would like to know if anyone can help me anyway (oh and English is not my first language by the way so sorry for any mistakes)

i have downloaded and installed two mods from a site through Desura program as it was advised at the download page of the mod i was searching and i believe the program successfully installed the mods Dead Spirits and Lost the Ligths (both custom stories i think) because i already played a little bit and everything seemed to be fine. But the reason why i created this post is because i can't load my saved game from any of the mods. I play for a few minutes, then "Save and Quit" and if i want to continue, it only allows me to start the mod from the beggining and there is no record of any saved data in the "load" option from the Amnesia main menu, except data from the original game story.

I would like to know if this is suppose to be like this or if there is in fact something wrong here, maybe with the installation?

oh i would like to know where does Desura installs those modes, because i can't find them, i think i could find in the Amnesia main folder, or any sub directories but no...

can anybody help me?
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2013, 01:22 PM by PureHawk.)
01-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: question about loading saved game from an Amnesia Dark Descent mod

You don't load your save game from the load menu. You go into the Custom Stories section, click your custom story and load save or something like that.

Desura Installs these custom stories to your Amnesia directory. Its should be in /redist/custom_stories folder.

Your Save game is in C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME>\My Documents. If i'm right. Hope it helps.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM by PutraenusAlivius.)
01-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Find
PureHawk Offline

Threads: 1

thank you for replying

you say i have to go to "Custom Stories section", click the custom story i want to play and then "load save", but its that last part that it doesn't shows up, once i select the custom story i can only choose "start" or "cancel" to go back to the previous menu, no "load" option appears Sad

plz help

omg never mind i am so sorry for posting this, it turns out i was constantly selecting my original profile and when i played the mod i did in another profile i had created for it, so problem solved, actually problem never existed, thanks anyway, and this thread is closed i guess
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2013, 02:58 PM by PureHawk.)
01-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(01-17-2013, 02:53 PM)PureHawk Wrote: thank you for replying

you say i have to go to "Custom Stories section", click the custom story i want to play and then "load save", but its that last part that it doesn't shows up, once i select the custom story i can only choose "start" or "cancel" to go back to the previous menu, no "load" option appears Sad

plz help

omg never mind i am so sorry for posting this, it turns out i was constantly selecting my original profile and when i played the mod i did in another profile i had created for it, so problem solved, actually problem never existed, thanks anyway, and this thread is closed i guess
Yep. Thread is closed. CAN ANY ADMIN OR SOMEONE CLOSE THIS, PLEASE?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-18-2013, 01:48 AM
Find