Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE)
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE)

Ooooh, interesting. I did not know that EntityInteractCallback would reset after loading a new map.

Spoiler below!
Hmmm, no, I just tested it. I got the first article, went outside, fell down, then went back and tried the second drawer, and it worked just fine. I'm not too sure what happened on your end.

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 05:36 PM by Streetboat.)
04-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

dang authorization.....
EDIT: why does people hate mediafire?, or dropbox, or google?
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 05:14 PM by WALP.)
04-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(04-25-2013, 05:10 PM)Streetboat Wrote: Ooooh, interesting. I did not know that EntityInteractCallback would reset after loading a new map.

Hmmm, no, I just tested it. I got the first article, went outside, fell down, then went back and tried the second drawer, and it worked just fine. I'm not too sure what happened on your end.

Spoiler below!
Really weird, I think I bugged it somehow and that key bounces somewhere because I was searching those drawers too hard lol Big Grin

“Life is a game, play it”
04-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

First playthrough (jotted down thoughts/"bugs" in order of playthough):
Spoiler below!

- There's an insanity sound during the intro (the "in darkness = scratches")
- Nice snow effect
- Good idea to border the map with textures
- Ah, the house
- Nice climb idea
- Odd place for a key (how is it staying there?)
- Nice voice-acting of the recordings!
- The "S" sounds of the first recording are too strong, my ears!
- The door to the bathroom has some odd normal mapping (probably crazybump on diffuse texture)
- Nice lighting around the fireplace!
- Walk upstairs and through web
- I cannot pick up the "health item" in the drawers lying down
- Oh a dead guy in the same room
- Second look at fireplace; maybe the light shouldn't fayde to completely black - in order to keep the billboard there at all times, just varying the intensity of it
- Start second recording while in room
- Oh a dog!
- Run!
- Arrives at "kitchen of doom"; lag-fest - voice recording still going
- Leave "kitchen of doom"; Lag disappears (might be my bad computer - but smoke's second batch of models was badly optimized not sure if fixed)
- The recording hinted at going outside - I'll try that
- See's dog pass while outside (Damn I'm slow and can't jump!)
- Head back a little, realize it's only a psyche scare
- Returns but finds the way forward to be blocked
- Tries another way "to the right of a large stone"
- Falls through map
- Fin

I'll give it another go, with lower settings! Was a long time since I played anything Amnesia related :]

Might optimize stuff if it comes to that. I'll return with a review/more thoughts once I finish it.

Good work so far! Cheers

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

04-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Spoiler below!
I finally found that final tape where it says "Under her watchful eyes... Repeat this verse" I tried to put that tape in photograph or playing it, but nothing happens and I looked that Father's picture but still no idea what to do next. Give some hints how to proceed Smile
I think I'm close to ending this.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 07:01 PM by HumiliatioN.)
04-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

(04-25-2013, 06:35 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I finally found that final tape where it says "Under her watchful eyes... Repeat this verse" I tried to put that tape in photograph or playing it, but nothing happens and I looked that Father's picture but still no idea what to do next. Give some hints how to proceed Smile
I think I'm close to ending this.

Spoiler below!
There's a piano in that room. Play those 6 notes in order. Smile

@Acies: Yeah, You can get back over that fence behind the house. There are block boxes there sloped to let you back over (I disabled jumping while outside to simulate being really freaking cold) and the block boxes can be a pain sometimes. I went back and fixed those yesterday and uploaded it again, try to download the new version. Smile
Also, I find it strange that you lagged in the kitchen. I have no problems there, but I do have some FPS issues in the main hall with the slanted lights- that's where I expected people to have issues, so I simplified that area the best I could.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM by Streetboat.)
04-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(04-25-2013, 07:16 PM)Streetboat Wrote: @Acies: Yeah, You can get back over that fence behind the house. There are block boxes there sloped to let you back over (I disabled jumping while outside to simulate being really freaking cold) and the block boxes can be a pain sometimes. I went back and fixed those yesterday and uploaded it again, try to download the new version. Smile
Also, I find it strange that you lagged in the kitchen. I have no problems there, but I do have some FPS issues in the main hall with the slanted lights- that's where I expected people to have issues, so I simplified that area the best I could.
Yeah, I noticed the fence ~ Fell through the map so continueing wasn't possible : ] As for the jumping/slower movement I figured that was what you were going for, so no complaints (just a mental note of me being vurnerable).

I went through and optimized textures, skipped the penumbra .jpegs/.pngs (too much work haha). Runs a lot better for me now! "The looks" should be the same. Downloaded your release ~2 hours ago so hopefully that's the newest release(?).

In case anyone else with a slower system wants it here's the download link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2079...k_Opti.zip

I'd like to see a reference, possibly listed in the readme, pointing to "the elk", "the gauge" and "the rifle" as my models in case anyone else wants to use them.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

04-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Just finished it and figured myself rest of the mod also that
Spoiler below!
Piano puzzle
not even looking your clue anymore. Damn this was unique and freaking intense mod! Awesome as hell!

Okay my feedback and final review:

Spoiler below!
I was thrilled playing this... Intro was really great, that helicopter scene and finding that wooden building was nice touch at the start. Whole map was really frightening and damn beautiful. Enviroment is something really top-notch and never-seened quality! Streetboat you always deliver something really new and unique and you succeeded again! This is one of my favouritest mod and story!

Moving on.. Later on I tell you that I got stuck couple times.. but I think I just bugged myself, while searching tapes and listening them it was really interesting how to find next tape and more interesting areas. This was one of the coolest thing since any of the mods what I have played, well done man! You really put effort on this! There are so many good things and only couple negatives..

I was stuck long time ago with the fourth tape and then just under my nose that carper is movable I was like "DAMN YOU" Big Grin It's really creative to make tape after tape something moveable and as player walks circles and trying to find something new to explore.

After I played that piano and was really excited where I go next and then under 10 minutes I finished whole mod really quickly. Underground area puzzles for me was really easy and I figured those really quickly.

Ending sequence was really cool and terrifying. I finally finished it and all I can say WOW!

Moving on... now what I liked and not:

Positive:

- Music really refreshing, unique
- New models, entities (pooltable was my favourite, guns etc.)
- Frightening atmosphere
- Enviroment (one of the best looking mods)
- Mapping is pure gold!
- Really unique puzzles
- Events
- Storytelling really good, voice acting great!

Negative:

- There are none scary monsters only dogs
- Coule be a little longer

I think you are just focusing now atmosphere and story basicly which is really good. But I have to say I was scared couple times, but rest of the mod not really.

Overall you really put effort on this! This is pure gold man! One of the best mods ever IMO. Marvellous job man! No disappointments here! NONE! <3 Wink

Verdict: One of the best / uniquest mods ever played - 9.5 / 10 - Gold

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 08:10 PM by HumiliatioN.)
04-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Thank you so much, man! I'm sorry that you ran into the annoyance of bugging yourself, but overall I'm really glad it treated you well!

(04-25-2013, 08:04 PM)Acies Wrote: I'd like to see a reference, possibly listed in the readme, pointing to "the elk", "the gauge" and "the rifle" as my models in case anyone else wants to use them.

Thanks for doing the optimization, sorry it didn't run so great on your end. Sad

And as for the references, I can't really re-upload the whole thing just for a small change to the read-me, so I'm gonna add your name to the first post. Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 08:13 PM by Streetboat.)
04-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

I forget to tell you you can get stuck one of the areas on outside where is that big rock and fences I got stuck couple times if you jump a little there. There's a tiny spot, you should fix that Smile

04-25-2013, 08:18 PM
Find