Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Escape from Brackenburg
Cyphermur9t Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Escape from Brackenburg

I love the story so far.

But at the water machine, I put in 3 pieces of coal and the cogs, but the coal will not light fire, and the machine will not start. Am I missing something here? Also yes, the coal is in there right, it said there was enough.
06-18-2013, 05:22 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(06-18-2013, 05:22 AM)Cyphermur9t Wrote: I love the story so far.

But at the water machine, I put in 3 pieces of coal and the cogs, but the coal will not light fire, and the machine will not start. Am I missing something here? Also yes, the coal is in there right, it said there was enough.

Spoiler below!
Did you switch the coal lever after that?

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2013, 07:52 AM by HumiliatioN.)
06-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

This looks very good so far. But there was one place I noticed some missing texture(?). It's in a storage area... In the same general area where there is a ladder to climb. (Sorry I can't recall more than that ATM). If you can find a white wall that curves... it's like the outside of an L shape(?). It will also have 6 barrels to the right of this curve in a pattern, 4 in a diamond and 2 near the points. To one side of this wall it looks like a wood pillar/frame should be there, or maybe the wall is too thin. Sorry if this isn't much to go on. I did apply the most recent patch (which was for music anyway).
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2013, 02:34 PM by Tetrafish.)
06-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Find
Cyphermur9t Offline

Never mind what I said before. Something was wrong with my redist folder. Once I reinstalled the game it worked fine. I don't know how the machine files got corrupt but the important thing is I fixed the problem and got to play the rest of this CS.

This has got to be one of the best custom stories I have ever played! There was a ton of effort put into this and it shows. Lots of detail and it overall felt professionally done, like an expansion pack of the original game itself. I would recommend this game to anyone who would like to play a high quality and fair sized CS.

I was streaming this game live to a friend of mine across the country and she helped solve the puzzles and helped navigate. The reason why I do this is because she likes the game, just can't play it because her laptop cannot run it. Playing with another person always seems to make the game even more entertaining. Try it out for yourself.

10/10
06-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Find
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75

(06-18-2013, 01:59 PM)Tetrafish Wrote: This looks very good so far. But there was one place I noticed some missing texture(?). It's in a storage area... In the same general area where there is a ladder to climb. (Sorry I can't recall more than that ATM). If you can find a white wall that curves... it's like the outside of an L shape(?). It will also have 6 barrels to the right of this curve in a pattern, 4 in a diamond and 2 near the points. To one side of this wall it looks like a wood pillar/frame should be there, or maybe the wall is too thin. Sorry if this isn't much to go on. I did apply the most recent patch (which was for music anyway).

Ive just had a good look around but couldn't see anything, to be honest im not sure where the barrels you mentioned are? When you say its near the ladder are we talking the top or bottom section?

(06-18-2013, 06:19 PM)Cyphermur9t Wrote: Never mind what I said before. Something was wrong with my redist folder. Once I reinstalled the game it worked fine. I don't know how the machine files got corrupt but the important thing is I fixed the problem and got to play the rest of this CS.

This has got to be one of the best custom stories I have ever played! There was a ton of effort put into this and it shows. Lots of detail and it overall felt professionally done, like an expansion pack of the original game itself. I would recommend this game to anyone who would like to play a high quality and fair sized CS.

I was streaming this game live to a friend of mine across the country and she helped solve the puzzles and helped navigate. The reason why I do this is because she likes the game, just can't play it because her laptop cannot run it. Playing with another person always seems to make the game even more entertaining. Try it out for yourself.

10/10

I'm glad you got it sorted, that machine was very temperamental and proved a challenge to get working, but fortunately you are the only person so far that has had a problem with it (though the problem wasnt with my script so I guess this doesnt count Tongue)

But wow thanks a lot for the kind words, i'm really happy you liked the story Smile Just out of interest did you think there was enough oil + did you die many times (or at all)? I'm just interested as one guy on youtube died A LOT Big Grin

06-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Find
Cyphermur9t Offline

(06-18-2013, 10:46 PM)serbusfish Wrote: I'm glad you got it sorted, that machine was very temperamental and proved a challenge to get working, but fortunately you are the only person so far that has had a problem with it (though the problem wasnt with my script so I guess this doesnt count Tongue)

But wow thanks a lot for the kind words, i'm really happy you liked the story Smile Just out of interest did you think there was enough oil + did you die many times (or at all)? I'm just interested as one guy on youtube died A LOT Big Grin

There could be some more oil, or oil barrels or large oils. I was running out quite fast. Also I only died twice (However one death was from me trying to run around a Brute at the end.)
06-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Find
Tomato Cat Offline

Threads: 2

Cool, I'll have to play through the completed story now! =D
06-19-2013, 06:09 AM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Photo  RE: Escape from Brackenburg

(06-18-2013, 10:46 PM)serbusfish Wrote: Ive just had a good look around but couldn't see anything, to be honest im not sure where the barrels you mentioned are? When you say its near the ladder are we talking the top or bottom section?

Near the AREA... I'll try to get a screenshot and edit this post...

Edit: I think I can describe how to get there while in the game.

You start this Storage area with stairs leading downward, there's a blood stain on the floor... Stay to your right going room to room, there is a locked door, then a blocked door. Then a door that leads to a room (there's a picture hanging on the wall with it's nice golden/yellow frame) THEN you go to the room where there is an 'L' shaped wall on the right. The spot in question is just to the left of that wall (never mind about the barrels - I was trying to use them as a reference). I could point out more details but the screen-shot should make it easier to tell.

[Image: wallthing_zps9a592b1e.png]

The barrels and 'L' shaped curved wall are to my left (off screen). The wall that's messed up is, of course, right in front of me.

------------------------

Edit so as to not post 2x in a row..

In the Dungeon there is a room with some wooden tables. 3 or 4 I think. 1 of them is knocked over/on it's side. And one of them has some stacks of paper on it with a candle. This table can be moved leaving the papers and candle floating in mid air.

There's also another room (it's where you get 2 (or 3?) important things). A table (by a 'window looking down on another desk') can be moved - while a box next to said table can't be moved.

Just thought I'd point these out in case they weren't meant to be like that. Blush
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2013, 11:49 AM by Tetrafish.)
06-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Find
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75

(06-19-2013, 04:53 AM)Cyphermur9t Wrote: There could be some more oil, or oil barrels or large oils. I was running out quite fast. Also I only died twice (However one death was from me trying to run around a Brute at the end.)

I have actually included some hidden large oils and I did put some small oils in less than obvious places. One of the locations requires you to be quite dedicated to get to (though ive seen one guy on youtube do it already) which is located in:

Spoiler below!

the storage. Remember that broken ladder? If you stack boxes up and get up there you will find 2 large oils and some more tinderboxes. In the entrance hall behind the fountain there is also a large oil, though you have to get it when you first visit the map as it will be gone when you return later.

(06-19-2013, 06:09 AM)Tomato Cat Wrote: Cool, I'll have to play through the completed story now! =D

Awesome Big Grin I look forward to hearing what you think.

(06-19-2013, 11:10 AM)Tetrafish Wrote:
(06-18-2013, 10:46 PM)serbusfish Wrote: Ive just had a good look around but couldn't see anything, to be honest im not sure where the barrels you mentioned are? When you say its near the ladder are we talking the top or bottom section?

(snip)

Thanks a lot pal, I thought I had made all those tables static.. and yes I totally understand where that welder should be now. I will have a fix up before the weekend and release a patch that sorts these out Tongue

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2013, 12:38 PM by serbusfish.)
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Glad I could help. Cool

Needing a hint here. I'm in the dungeon....

Spoiler below!
I can't locate the Aqua Regia.

Okay. Nevermind.

EDIT:
Spoiler below!
Search exhaustively at the caved-in area.

Edit2: Need help again... Or maybe not.

Spoiler below!
I used the acid on the lock... But the door/gate still won't open. I hope I didn't mess up.

EDIT3: Yes, I did mess up. I threw a barrel at the lock before using the needle. The barrel knocked off the lock so I couldn't use the needle... Which must've been scripted to only open after using the needle.

Huh
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2013, 02:31 PM by Tetrafish.)
06-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Find