Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

"Only a Game: Why Censoring New Media Won’t Stop Gun Violence"
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
"Only a Game: Why Censoring New Media Won’t Stop Gun Violence"

A new study into video game and movie violence:

http://mediacoalition.org/only-a-game/
06-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: "Only a Game: Why Censoring New Media Won’t Stop Gun Violence"

This could help a friend of mine with his Media coursework a lot Wink

[Image: luv.gif]
06-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Find
alphachurch
Unregistered

I don't see why everybody believes the video games are the problem. The man who killed the people in the movie theater in Colorado was mentally insane! The school shooting suspect wasn't quite right in the head either. The games aren't the problem; the problem is that we gave guns to people who are Messed up in the head! The political world is eliminating summer camps and after/in school programs. The summer camps I went to just a few years ago taught us about gun safety and they gave us a BB gun and told us not only how to fire it but how to be safe with a gun. I was aimed at by one of the campers who was fairly young and the counselors got onto him and said that you don't aim at people. As for the schools, the drop-out rates for kids, elementary to high school, has sky rocketed and nobody wants to open their eyes to see that they messed up so they sit there in the superpower chairs and continue on throughout the day like nothing is wrong. They complain that kids these days are morbidly obese but they cut out recess, then they promote a campaign for kids to get active. Our political world has lost their mind and nobody wants to step up to the plate to fix it. And before someone replies to me aggressively asking why I don't step up to the plate, I can't because I'm only 16. I can't even vote yet.
07-26-2013, 02:44 PM
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Totalbiscuit sums up my feelings on this.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/5uwAo8lcAC4[/video]

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
07-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

TotalBisucit is definitely one of the most educated and objective game reporters out there, I agree with him in this matter aswell.
07-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Find