Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Questions & FAQ about Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Requirements
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: Questions about Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Requirements

(09-06-2013, 11:53 PM)godospartan Wrote: so you are telling me, i can run FONV, and some pretty big games like Arche Blade and DCUO smoothly with big worlds or graphics, but i can't play this? Let me ask you something. if i get the demo of Amnesia dark decent, if it runs smoothly, will this game run smoothly?

No it won't. This game will be released 3 years after Amnesia. The requirements are higher. Tell me what graphics card you have by going to start and typing dxdiag. Go to video or display and it should say the graphics card.
09-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Find
godospartan Offline

Threads: 0

an AMD M880g with ATI radeon HD 4200

which apparently doesn't make the cut. so if i get AAMFP, the game will either shut down compeltely and be a shniz, or run choppy as all heck. am i correct?
09-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Truth be told, the game will either run at the lowest possible settings or not at all.

Funny thing, I have an older spare desktop with a 4200 and was going to test it when the game is out. I can force the cpu to 1 core and check if it works. It will be almost the same as your computer. So if you can wait some time without pre-ordering it, after it's out maybe I can tell you if it works. Keep in mind, that's not any guaranty even if it works at mine.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2013, 12:16 AM by plutomaniac.)
09-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Find
godospartan Offline

(09-07-2013, 12:12 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Truth be told, the game will either run at the lowest possible settings or not at all.

Funny thing, I have an older spare desktop with a 4200 and was going to test it when the game is out. I can force the cpu to 1 core and check if it works. It will be almost the same as your computer. So if you can wait some time without pre-ordering it, after it's out maybe I can tell you if it works. Keep in mind, that's not any guaranty even if it works at mine.
message me with a PM or email me at x after you try it. truth be told, i wanted to save some money with the preorder, but if it wont run, why waste the money right? so i shall wait for your test. i will have to wait for christmas to get the game, cause i barely have a few spare bucks, and wanted this for my birthday just a week after it comes it (i was gonna get it early to save money but hey, i woulda waited till my bday to play) but anyway. thanks fior your great help and patience.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2013, 12:34 AM by plutomaniac.)
09-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(09-07-2013, 12:26 AM)godospartan Wrote: message me with a PM or email me at x after you try it. truth be told, i wanted to save some money with the preorder, but if it wont run, why waste the money right? so i shall wait for your test. i will have to wait for christmas to get the game, cause i barely have a few spare bucks, and wanted this for my birthday just a week after it comes it (i was gonna get it early to save money but hey, i woulda waited till my bday to play) but anyway. thanks fior your great help and patience.

Alright, I removed your email to prevent spam bots from finding it. I'll send you a PM here at the forums when I test it.
09-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Find
godospartan Offline

(09-07-2013, 12:35 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Alright, I removed your email to prevent spam bots from finding it. I'll send you a PM here at the forums when I test it.
thank you and have a wonderful day
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2013, 12:50 AM by plutomaniac.)
09-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Find
MJaoune Offline

Amnesia A Machine For Pigs non-sense system requirements!

I have checked many sources about the system requirements of Amnesia A Machine for Pigs, including:

-Game-Debate (http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.p...for%20Pigs)
-Official Steam Page (http://store.steampowered.com/app/239200/)
-Amnesia Wiki

The Minimum System Requirements are:
Processor: 2.0 Ghz core i5 CPU or equivalent.
Memory: 2 GB RAM
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5550 512MB

Since the same Engine used to create Amenisa The Dark Descent was used to create A Machine for Pigs which required a Pentium 4 CPU, only these thoughts come to mind:

-Game core is very very poorly threaded.
-You don't know the real system requirements, that's why you threw random specs.
- You just want to show that your game requires high-end computers where it doesn't.

Even the latest game don't require a Core i3 or Core i5 as a minimum requirement.

I am a little bit sure that point number 2 is the most correct, since actually, you have no sense in the GPU requirement:

Graphics: Mid-range NVIDIA GeForce 200 / AMD Radeon HD 5000. Integrated Intel HD Graphics should work but is not supported; problems are generally solved with a driver update.

An AMD Radeon HD 5550 is way way more efficient than any integrated video card, that shows how low experienced your developers are.

Best,
MJaoune
09-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

RE: Amnesia A Machine For Pigs non-sense system requirements!

Those requirements are older. They have been updated since:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid249170

Also, merged & fixed some small typos.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2013, 04:42 PM by plutomaniac.)
09-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Find
MJaoune Offline

(09-07-2013, 04:37 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Those requirements are older. They have been updated since:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid249170

Also, merged & fixed some small typos.

Core i3? From Pentium 4 to Core i3? And both games use same engine?
09-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(09-07-2013, 05:00 PM)MJaoune Wrote: Core i3? From Pentium 4 to Core i3? And both games use same engine?

It's not the same engine. It has been updated the last 3 years. It may not be HPL3 but it's something like HPL2.5 (Amnesia used HPL2).

The game will work on lower-end hardware. Please state your system specifications(Operating System, Graphics Card, Processor and Memory).
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2013, 05:11 PM by plutomaniac.)
09-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Find