Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AAMFP really scarier than The Dark Descent?
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
AAMFP really scarier than The Dark Descent?

Do you mean AAMFP will be really scarier? That's what the devs are saying.
From what I actually saw, I don't believe that. I know, FG never show the scariest things in their videos or screenshots, but it looks like you will be too much time outside. And what should be scary to walk around a street at night? That's actually standard for a horror game.

When I look at the media (screenshots and videos) even "Outlast" looks more terrifying than AAMFP. I think that Outlast will be the hardest concurrent to AAMFP, it will be released one week earlier.

OK, Outlast looks more action oriented with voracious monsters and a lot of blood, while Amnesia has a better gameplay, but sometimes looks too cosy. But as we know, FG always understand how to create scary games - and I think thechineseroom also won't failed. But I actually just can say which game looks more scary to me and this is Outlast - the asylum looks terrifying like the old first three Silent Hill games.

I mean, what will AAMFP do to be scary? Sounds? Effects? Like someone is walking behind an edge?

What do you think, which horror game will become the new scare-king?
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 06:37 PM by Googolplex.)
08-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: AAMFP really scarier than The Dark Descent?

Let's wait until it's actually released, shall we?
08-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

You're going to need to play it to make that judgement call.
08-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Find
Tillion Magnet Offline

Threads: 0

Amnesia has already proven it can be scary, and Frictional have proven they know how to make scary games. Outlast has no such previous, and as such there's really no way to predict how it will turn out.

I'm betting on Amnesia either way, because even though they didn't actually make the game, I trust Frictional to not release a game before they were completely satisfied with it. And if they're satisfied, I probably will be too.
08-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Yeah, I know I know... but actually I doubt, that I have fear to turn on my computer (as Thomas guaranteed) or that the music even scared the postman (as Jessica Curry said). The devs seemed very convinced that AAMFP will be extremely scary. Well, we have to wait for it and I also couldn't believe that The Dark Descent would be scary as it is when they released this video:

Hope that they actually doesn't show the true horror of the game yet.
I need to play Outlast also to see which game is scarier.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 06:31 PM by Googolplex.)
08-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(08-27-2013, 06:20 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I know, FG never show the scariest things in their videos or screenshots, but it looks like you will be too much time outside. And what should be scary to walk around a street at night?

The idea of cold, gloomy and misty streets with something terrible lurking in the shadows and mist doesn't scare you? And I wouldn't worry about AAMFP getting too 'cosy'... according to Dan Pinchbeck, this game won't let you calm your nerves
08-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Find
Najtnub Offline

Threads: 0

I don't get how someone can even compare amnesia with outlast. There seem to be absolutely nothing scary with outlast except for some cheap scare-tactics such as sudden loud noises and flickering lights.

I believe AMFP will have a unparalleled atmosphere with great sound and music, and judging the entire game off of the first 1.5hrs with pewdiepie isn't fair.
08-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Find
Geoff Offline

Threads: 8

I'm actually very curious to see how they top the atmosphere that TDD had. The Prison, with prisoners moaning, and the torture rooms. TORTURE ROOMS. How can that be beaten?

Bring it on...
08-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(08-27-2013, 08:00 PM)Geoff Wrote: I'm actually very curious to see how they top the atmosphere that TDD had. The Prison, with prisoners moaning, and the torture rooms. TORTURE ROOMS. How can that be beaten?

Bring it on...

That's what I mean also.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 08:04 PM by Googolplex.)
08-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(08-27-2013, 08:03 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(08-27-2013, 08:00 PM)Geoff Wrote: I'm actually very curious to see how they top the atmosphere that TDD had. The Prison, with prisoners moaning, and the torture rooms. TORTURE ROOMS. How can that be beaten?

Bring it on...

That's what I mean also.

Maybe with big fat pig monsters lurking through the streets of london, while they trail dead bodies with meat hooks.

Two weeks from now we will see Wink
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 08:13 PM by Draug.)
08-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Find