Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Less Interactivity than before?
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Less Interactivity than before?

Bad for you I guess. I personally couldn't be more pleased with the almost complete removal of puzzles, and other annoying activities such as oil and tinderbox hoarding. In my opinion those are just time fillers.
09-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(09-03-2013, 06:01 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: Bad for you I guess. I personally couldn't be more pleased with the almost complete removal of puzzles, and other annoying activities such as oil and tinderbox hoarding. In my opinion those are just time fillers.

And a lantern with infinite oil means an unrealistic game. I'm always pleased when more content is added such as need required objects for solve something or fill the lantern up with oil. Complexity is a very important point for me. I always enjoy to think how intelligent the game is.
09-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1

This new lantern doesn't use oil at all. Actually even an oil lantern that doesn't extinguish itself in the whole course of the game is still ten times more realistic than a lantern that uses all its oil after 10 minutes. All these new content you are referring to are pointless, and there isn't anything particularly intelligent about it if you examine it closely, just a bunch of very primitive gameplay mechanics.
09-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Find
Mastersarge Offline

Threads: 7

If I wanted to make an interactive tour, I'd go to the Please Touch Museum. This is a game, and I expected a game with GAMEplay.

Hey, how ya doing?
09-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

While I absolutely CAN NOT stand the argument of a game being unrealistic, because then there would be no fun, I will say infinite is a little off. But I don't mind it. Honestly, a lantern running out of full oil every 4 or so minutes was exhausting and in itself unrealistic. But I doubt anyone will be in AMFP for 12 or more hours, so it seems like a reasonable decision to me. I think the infinite lantern is a plus, but not perfect.
09-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Find
Mastersarge Offline

Threads: 7

Realism itself in that of game does not always constitute as fun. Nor does it constitute as immersive.

Hey, how ya doing?
09-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(09-03-2013, 06:14 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: and there isn't anything particularly intelligent about it if you examine it closely, just a bunch of very primitive gameplay mechanics.

This is why I want harder puzzles.
09-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(09-03-2013, 06:56 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 06:14 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: and there isn't anything particularly intelligent about it if you examine it closely, just a bunch of very primitive gameplay mechanics.

This is why I want harder puzzles.

We get it, you don't have to write 10 posts/day with the same message. We all are tired to hear the same rants about puzzles, gothic and superiority of penumbra over and over and over again...
09-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4

Since AAMFP isn`t a direct sequel, but merely based in the same universe 60 years in the future, it should be seen as its own thing. Think of August Derleths short stories and novels that are set in Lovecrafts Cthulhu Mythos universe. Derleth and Lovecraft have a different style of writing and somewhat different priorities and strong points. (and yes, I know that Derleth is often seen as inferior to Lovecraft but we need also to remember that Lovecrafts work would`ve sunken into obscurity if it wasn`t for his protegeès obsession about him... ).

/////////////////////////////////////
09-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Website Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

(09-03-2013, 05:54 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 05:08 PM)TwiK999 Wrote: Hear Hear. I trust FG, therefore I trust TCR. I think it's good that they brought TCR into the Amnesia world, it brings fresh new ideas. We don't want a new game that is too much like TDD, but then again, not one thats completely different, we want a mix of both. I trust that we will have the Amnesia we all know and love, but with differences for the better.

In my long experience of gaming I noticed that "new ideas" often ended up to "bad ideas". Instead to keep the good way on, developers often wanted to create some "fresh" and that annoyed the fans of the franchise.

Good games are good, because they are as they are. I don't see any sense to change the concept.

Less puzzles, less interaction, short duration - where are the new ideas? This more looks like they rip off all good ideas. A game can have an excellent story and good at horror, but for an experience I need more than just a good story. I want puzzles and other work to do.

I agree with you. An example of fresh ideas that didn't work is Bioshock 2. The first game was fantastic, then 2k marin took on the sequel instead of Irrational and it didn't turn out so well.

Fresh ideas can be good or bad and I guess we will have to wait till the game is out to judge.
I must admit that I am still a little disappointed that there will be no inventory in AMFP, which was a key aspect of TDD and without it in AMFP I'm not quite sure how it will differ.

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2013, 09:28 PM by TwiK999.)
09-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Find