Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2008-08 Tuesday 26, Penumbra: Requiem
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
2008-08 Tuesday 26, Penumbra: Requiem

As the release of Penumbra: Requiem for Windows is very close we have had the time to put up the website for the game. The site can be found at http://www.PenumbraRequiem.com. Also, Linux and Mac users should not feel left behind! Versions for these system are in the works and will be available quite soon.

We would also take the opportunity to give our thoughts on the expansion and this text from the site sums it up pretty neatly:

"Penumbra: Requiem is an expansion to Penumbra: Black Plague and is to be considered an epilogue to that game and not as a new episode in the Penumbra franchise. The main goal with Penumbra: Requiem has been to focus more on the physics puzzles and see how far the current engine could be taken. This has made Requiem into a game that focuses more on gameplay and puzzles than the previous Penumbra instalments and a game that is more experimental in nature.

Although having a strong emphasis on puzzles the game still features a dense atmosphere, a trade mark of the Penumbra series. In Overture the goal was to induce strong fears from isolation, in Black Plague a main theme was paranoia and Requiem does its best to deliver a nightmarish and feverish atmosphere. Penumbra: Requiem is an attempt to deliver a fresh and rewarding experience and not just some rehash of previous material."

We have put a lot of work into Requiem and we believe it is the most polished of all of the Penumbra releases. The multitude of puzzles with multiple solutions is something that we are very proud of and we have gone to great length to ensure smooth gameplay. We really hope that you will enjoy this expansion and have good time with it.

Good night all, we'll return tomorrow with more content and goodies!

Thomas and Jens

08-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Website Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7
RE: 2008-08 Tuesday 26, Penumbra: Requiem

Oh boy! Content and goodies!
08-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

I feel like a little boy waiting for his candy Big Grin
08-27-2008, 02:23 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Finally! Took you guys long enough to have a dedicated topic for this.

Shame how I have school and work; same for thursday! Arg, can't a penumbra fan play in peace?

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
08-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

lol, it's a good thing I'm completly broke and have no job! Now I'm going to have to borrow some money from a friend or something.
08-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Find
edfardos Offline

Great work! I'll buy the Linux version the same day it's available!

stoked!

-edfardos
08-27-2008, 03:00 AM
Find
Im_Sexy Offline

Threads: 21

Alright its today!!!

Damn i saw the Demo button and clicked like a hungry child but its the expansion so theres no demo Tongue
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 03:35 AM by noctislp.)
08-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

After dealing with GamersGate Download service for the last 40 minutes, I can say I'm displeased and requirem-less

"Check your firewall and download *naughty*"

I disabled my firewall mate and got no anti-virus turned on. The *naughty* does it want me to do now, install viruses so it knows I have no firewall?

10:45 Still no luck. I checked their forums and they're filled with similar complaints for varying games; I will try their alternate downloaded once I find out How To *naughty* Uninstall Their Program
http://www.gamersgate.com/downloader/Downloader.msi

10:52 Is the program still a beta? Jesus christ, it has no offline help. It's "help" tab only tells you the version and name of the program (gamers gate that is)
Continuing search of a *naughty* uninstall.

10:57 Found an uninstall; in the link I gave above. The main download offers zero .exe for uninstallation. At all. No start-menu uninstallation, no in program uninstaller. Nothing.
Every single commercial penumbra release has been plagued by problems. Jesus Christ when will it end.

11:01 A *naughty* surprise in this *naughty* orgasm(naughty?) of GamersGate. It still doesn't work, surprise surprise.
GamersGate passed the point long ago in being effectuate or time-saving. Torrents (even with their slow download speed) would be more effective and time saving if it downloaded the game at 20kbs.
I've purchased the game legally at gamers gate, I should be able to download the game legally.
What it feels like right now is they're trying to screw me out of money that I worked for; no download program (steam, impulse, stardock central) has ever given me a bit of trouble in the slightest doubt. Their staff seems to do nothing despite the large amount of complaints.

11:57 After several uninstalls of gamersgate (with registry removels checkin afterwards) and trying both of the installers, I have yet to download the game.
Great program GamersGate; shows potential but horrid customer support.

Please -REP me.
08-27-2008, 04:14 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Sorry to hear that! Can't you please edit the post a bit and remove the profound swearing so I don't have to?
08-27-2008, 06:31 AM
Website Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Fine fine. It isn't very fun dealing with gamers gate though; the post won't be the same without the swear words.
Done. Is orgasm a naughty word?

Please -REP me.
08-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Find