Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SPOILER] "Stuck" in centrifuge level
Rytkonen Offline

Threads: 1
[SPOILER] "Stuck" in centrifuge level

I did not find an appropriate thread for this question. I am not sure did I "lock" myself up in the centrifuge level or did I miss something.

First in the level I went to the holding pens -section and through there all the way to the pneumatic post -station (I am not sure is that correct name for the machine). I was blind and did not notice there were chemical tubes next to the machine so I did not send one to the centrifuge. I continued going forward instead and ended up back to the centrifuge room (where you drop down from the ceiling crawling space or whatever).

After that I could not get back to the pneumatic post -station, both doors near the water flow were locked. I managed to get back up to the crawling space from the centrifuge room with help from a friendly chair nearby. Big Grin

Did I miss something?
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 11:46 AM by Rytkonen.)
09-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Find
Vertical Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [SPOILER] "Stuck" in centrifuge level

(09-13-2013, 11:45 AM)Rytkonen Wrote: I did not find an appropriate thread for this question. I am not sure did I "lock" myself up in the centrifuge level or did I miss something.

First in the level I went to the holding pens -section and through there all the way to the pneumatic post -station (I am not sure is that correct name for the machine). I was blind and did not notice there were chemical tubes next to the machine so I did not send one to the centrifuge. I continued going forward instead and ended up back to the centrifuge room (where you drop down from the ceiling crawling space or whatever).

After that I could not get back to the pneumatic post -station, both doors near the water flow were locked. I managed to get back up to the crawling space from the centrifuge room with help from a friendly chair nearby. Big Grin

Did I miss something?

I had a similar situation, though coming back to this "holding pens" station gave me no locked doors, but a shortcut. A lot of people have already said, that the centrifuge level tends to shift and re-shape it's interiors.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 11:49 AM by Vertical.)
09-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Find
Integria Offline

Threads: 0

You'll probably need to load an earlier save. I got locked up for good in the centrifuge, the following way.

1) Went to the upstairs portion, neglected to put the tube in the vacuum... thing.
2) Jumped down, back to the centrifuge
3) Went into the cooling area, got the tube, triggered the shift in layout.
4) Trying to go back to the area with the first tube at this point is impossible. Both doors are permanently closed.

Edit; didn't notice the last part. Good thinking with the chair. I'm still quite confident that it is an unintended bug, though.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 06:43 PM by Integria.)
09-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Find
rykardoS Offline

Threads: 0

Help using the friendly chair trick:
http://youtu.be/gQhiA8l4sGg
10-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6

Basically, chair. This is just one of several reasons why interactive objects enhance gameplay.
10-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Find