Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Why remove the trailer scenes?
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Why remove the trailer scenes?

(09-16-2013, 04:32 AM)Kein Wrote: It was a sneak peak on the content in development, what kind of pretension do you have regarding something you were granted to see, not promised?

When the developers show you a video purporting to be what the game 'is shaping up to become', it's reasonable to interpret this as an indication of what the game 'is shaping up to become'. But the video does not show what the game actually became.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 05:04 AM by Fortigurn.)
09-16-2013, 05:04 AM
Find
Diango12 Offline

Threads: 2

(09-16-2013, 04:09 AM)Kein Wrote: Comes from the person who can't make a difference between "teaser" and actual "trailer".

Okay webster, why is that you think I don't know the definition? Cause that was out of the blue. Been smokin to much hasheesh?

Quote:It was a sneak peak on the content in development, what kind of pretension do you have regarding something you were granted to see, not promised?

Just as a thought. Moving on.

Guys stop the presses! You weren't given the wrong presentation of the game. It wasn't intended as a 'trailer', just a 'teaser'! All your arguments are invalid! You ungrateful sack of swine.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 05:19 AM by Diango12.)
09-16-2013, 05:17 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

I encountered the area under the stairs and was scared shitless that the monster would come barreling my way if I opened the door. I was instead greeted to the monster running away outside when opening the door.

Spoiler below!
[Image: RbARV3R.jpg]

The scene with the cages was also drastically changed. It seems that the area with the centrifuge was merged with the cellar area under the church, the cages and encounter with the Wretch for the sake of the trailer. Or the sections were split up in development later on.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
09-16-2013, 05:40 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Can someone from mods merge this thread into http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...age-1.html
We don't need two same threads.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-16-2013, 05:44 AM
Find
exmachinax Offline

Threads: 0

Quote:Kein Wrote:

I re-watched that teaser for the hell knows what time but there is no scene shown where Pigmen bashes a door.

Quote:Kein Wrote:
I don't know why HIN shows it but I myself never seen it before, I think. I saw only the 2m one.

You are always too eager to claim you are right.

Just a thought.

Moving on.
09-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(09-16-2013, 05:44 AM)Kein Wrote: Can someone from mods merge this thread into http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...age-1.html
We don't need two same threads.
I don't really see the point, that thread is some user being a tool, this is something legitimate.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
09-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Yeah, that is the point, merge two threads filled with idiotic claims into one. To double the fun.
It is not hard to realize nobody takes both threads seriously.
[Image: x2MOgIEl.png]

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 06:46 AM by Kein.)
09-16-2013, 06:45 AM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6

(09-16-2013, 06:45 AM)Kein Wrote: Yeah, that is the point, merge two threads filled with idiotic claims into one.

This thread is making valid points in an appropriate manner.
09-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(09-16-2013, 04:09 AM)Kein Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 11:56 PM)Pig Wrote: Well you're right, they still have the cage room technically but it's not as dark, the room is smaller and there isn't a monster and of course the scene where the monster is breaking down the door never happens either, nor do you ever have a moment where that might happen.
Quote:the room is smaller
You don't know that, you never played the teaser build and your words based on your subjective perception and nothing else.

Quote:and of course the scene where the monster is breaking down the door never happens either
I re-watched that teaser for the hell knows what time but there is no scene shown where Pigmen bashes a door.
In the Cellar, when you go down a flight of stairs there is a barricaded door. once you take off the barricade there is a Wretch behind the door. He won't notice the player but it is a good scare to take you off guard... it nearly gave me a heart attack.

As with the Cages scene in the Halloween Trailer, I Think instead of being in the Machine area they moved it to the church basement encounter. You can't Hide in a cage but if the wretch kills you, you respawn in a cage.

The International Narcotics Traffic
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 07:35 AM by Gilligan's Hell.)
09-16-2013, 07:32 AM
Find
Tilukonfdz Offline

Threads: 2

(09-16-2013, 07:32 AM)jeVonns Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 04:09 AM)Kein Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 11:56 PM)Pig Wrote: Well you're right, they still have the cage room technically but it's not as dark, the room is smaller and there isn't a monster and of course the scene where the monster is breaking down the door never happens either, nor do you ever have a moment where that might happen.
Quote:the room is smaller
You don't know that, you never played the teaser build and your words based on your subjective perception and nothing else.

Quote:and of course the scene where the monster is breaking down the door never happens either
In the Cellar, when you go down a flight of stairs there is a barricaded door. once you take off the barricade there is a Wretch behind the door. He won't notice the player but it is a good scare to take you off guard... it nearly gave me a heart attack.

Huh. Glad I didn't open that door then. I was thinking about it but noticed my lantern flicker when I was about it.
09-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Find