Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!
Doomed316 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!

The interactivity for the engine might be easy to turn on with just "flick of a switch" but it might get tedious because you might have to open the files for each area of the game to re-enable it gor it to work through the whole game
09-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(09-16-2013, 12:51 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 09:38 AM)wretch Wrote: More Pig! More Pig!: The number of monsters Oswald encounters will rise exponentially.
Last worked on: Not started

This could easily make the mod terribly annoying to play and therefore ruin the whole project.

which will happen

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
09-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Find
slo64 Offline

Threads: 0

So I guess this mod is my best chance to actually game the stuff I've bought. In for the updates!

Also could you remove the children from the mansion? They were annoying as heck and ruined the atmosphere.
09-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Find
Exostalker Offline

Threads: 10

Good idea to make a mod, so all the little ones can enjoy their jumpscare fests with certain greedy swedish youtubers screams.

09-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(09-18-2013, 08:30 AM)wretch Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 12:47 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:
Quote:Interactivity: You'll be able to carry a lot more objects, just like good old The Dark Descent!

The game isn't intended to be Amnesia: The Dark Descent 2.

This has nothing to do with TDD. The point of returning interactivity is because it's fun and the loss of interactivity is one of the things people are most dissapointed with.

Quote:Exploration: Most of the locked doors are now unlocked and open for exploration.

There's a reason why most of the doors are locked in AMFP.

The point of this mod is to add replay value to people who have beaten the game. Adding exploration is an important part of that.
Quote:More Pig! More Pig!: There will be a few extra monster encounters throughout the game.

Why should there be anymore monster encounters than there already are?

Because right now there are very few monster encounters. Get it? Very. Few.
Quote:Extra Creepy: The beefed up monster encounters will usually place you into a terrifying situation with a dark, creepy atmosphere. The atmosphere will
also gain significant changes outside the monster encounters.

The game is already like that; again, why more encounters?

Exactly, it already is. But there's a bit of changes and improvements to be done.
Quote:More Danger: The pig monster stats will be porked up exponentially, increasing the terror as the monsters now pose a very serious threat. Mandus will no longer regenerate health, relying on an alternate method of healing.

More monsters doesn't mean 'scary' as others have said it would just be annoying and repetitive.

I've already said many times that the monsters encounters won't be brought up to repetitive levels.
Quote:Bug fixes: I will fix whatever bug I am capable of fixing. Expect no more getting stuck or falling out of map Special thanks to everybody who contributes to the "Pigs and the Bugs" topic.

It seems like you'll be adding more bugs with all of the unnecessary changes you'll making to an already good game.

Any bugs that appear due to my mod, I will fix them.
Quote:A few surprises: There will be 2 very special surprises. Maybe even 3! Super vague hint: One of them has something do with inventory. Let's just say I have this "something to do with the inventory" feature completely figured out already.

Why is it so important to have an inventory?

Exactly, it's not. It's not important. When did I ever say it was important to have an inventory?

Quote:Countless of minor changes: One of the many is the old chase theme from ATDD returning, as the new one is silent and does not induce the terror the old one did.
Last worked on: 2013.09.16

So basically you just want to create Amnesia: The Dark Descent 2, even though AMFP is intended to be different.

So basically I don't. Pretty sure bringing back a soundfile from TDD won't make this "The Dark Descent 2"

Quote:the amount of dangerous monster encounters is low, and even then these monsters prove not dangerous enough. Too slow, too easy to outrun. Hiding in rooms, praying the monster won't come, break down the door and eat you, is a thing that no longer exists in AMFP.

That's because AAMFP isn't ATDD.

Of course it's not. I liked TDD's creepy hiding gameplay more than AMFP's, it should be brought back.

Sorry, but I've never seen arguments as weak as yours presented in any of the countless of forums I've been in.

If you're concerned over how many inanimate objects you interact with then you're playing the game for all of the wrong reasons, Amnesia is not a game about picking up inanimate objects and throwing them.

The game already has replay value, I have replayed it many times and I'm sure other people have.

Who cares about how many monster encounters there are? You're clearly missing the point of the game.

"I've already said many times that the monsters encounters won't be brought up to repetitive levels." Then why are you going to bother adding more encounters? What purpose to the story will that serve? It's psychological horror, meaning the less monsters you see the more the player fears the unknown and starts creating their own fear.

You make it seem like the game has to have an inventory, it's a perfectly good game without it.

"So basically I don't. Pretty sure bringing back a soundfile from TDD won't make this 'The Dark Descent 2'"
You're trying to recreate the game to make it more like its predecessor and my point is, why? It's supposed to be different. You're going to be making all of these changes for what reason? Because the game wasn't what you expected? You're in it for running from monsters, stacking chairs and throwing boxes?

Hiding was a bit of fun in TDD but again, it wasn't the point. You said further up the list that there aren't enough encounters in AMFP so why would you need to hide?

Arguments as weak as mine? I'm merely addressing the pointless changes you're putting on your list. Personally I have never seen such ambitious attempts to recreate a horror game because it doesn't pander to your gameplay standards Mr. entitled.
09-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

Well this is a questionable choice but i'm going to throw my hat into this argument.

Is this going to be a full conversion type thing or literally just adding elements for the sake of adding elements?

Cause:

Why open rooms that are locked? Wouldn't they just be empty and without the details that the rest of the game has?

"YES!!!!!!!!!! Can now explore more in AMFP because of this mod! So many empty rooms that add nothing to the experience!"

As for inventory. Again. What would these do? The game wasn't designed to pick up items so what, you're going to make some items collectable just so you can stare at them at an inventory?

And everyone keeps saying how the creatures were slow but every chase scene (and I do mean chase scene) they caught up to me and got a few hits in so I have no idea what people are talking about. More importantly: adding more encounters to a game focused on psychological horror (ie the sick disturbing shit AND the threat of creatures, not the constant adrenaline kicks) can EASILY destroy the balance of the game. And making the monster encounters more common and harder than they are can lead to frustration and desensitization.

Honestly, I don't know who you are, if you're an experienced modder or not, but your ideas sound too idealistic and not based on the reality of the game.
09-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Find
Nospheratu Offline

Threads: 1

(09-20-2013, 01:27 PM)Exostalker Wrote: Good idea to make a mod, so all the little ones can enjoy their jumpscare fests with certain greedy swedish youtubers screams.

Why the "All you YouTube-dependant kids are just in it for the cheap thrills, you must love Pewdiepie so much" attitude?

Look, i'm 33 years old now and don't even watch YouTube vids; i was 31 when i played TDD and i'm still dissapointed about most of the stuff i loved back then now missing from AMFP. I don't want more screams and jumpscares, i want more content in general and from reading OP's description this is exactly what he's trying to do.

As for the others who say this is a bad idea and that this won't work etc., whatever happened to "live and let live"? There is absolutely no need to be bothered by this mod since noone is forcing you to use it. Players like me will hapilly use it along with it's added content, while you're free to play the vanilla version if you wish - we can all coexist in harmony Wink

And for the maker of this mod - you've made my day; i sincerely hope (and will keep my fingers crossed) that you'll be able to pull this off. Btw - if adding additional rooms behind locked doors would prove too difficult, i'd be very happy if you could at least remove those locks or replace them with normal doors, the same goes for drawers. I'll keep coming back to this thread for further news, good luck!

Better to reign in hell than to be a servant in heaven.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 04:14 PM by Nospheratu.)
09-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Find
wretch Offline

Threads: 4

(09-20-2013, 02:01 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: Well this is a questionable choice but i'm going to throw my hat into this argument.

Is this going to be a full conversion type thing or literally just adding elements for the sake of adding elements?

Cause:

Why open rooms that are locked? Wouldn't they just be empty and without the details that the rest of the game has?

"YES!!!!!!!!!! Can now explore more in AMFP because of this mod! So many empty rooms that add nothing to the experience!"

As for inventory. Again. What would these do? The game wasn't designed to pick up items so what, you're going to make some items collectable just so you can stare at them at an inventory?

And everyone keeps saying how the creatures were slow but every chase scene (and I do mean chase scene) they caught up to me and got a few hits in so I have no idea what people are talking about. More importantly: adding more encounters to a game focused on psychological horror (ie the sick disturbing shit AND the threat of creatures, not the constant adrenaline kicks) can EASILY destroy the balance of the game. And making the monster encounters more common and harder than they are can lead to frustration and desensitization.

Honestly, I don't know who you are, if you're an experienced modder or not, but your ideas sound too idealistic and not based on the reality of the game.

I've answered the concern about "pointless" rooms a long time ago, but I understand some people might be in a hurry or have other reasons for not searching through several pages. Therefore, I will make a FAQ.
09-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Find
slo64 Offline

Threads: 0

How to make a Machine for Pigs Custom Story/Full Conversion!
I believe it might belong here. (A steamcommunity link).
09-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Find