Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner asking for some help.
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Beginner asking for some help.

Okay. But do I have to time all my PlayMusic functions ?
I mean if my music is only, let's say 5 mn long, do I have to create a timer that will call another PlayMusic function ?

Though I might as well make one track out of many using the appropriate software.

10-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Yes you do (the original game works this way as well I believe).
You can use Audacity (it's free) if you want to merge a whole bunch of tracks together Big Grin

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
10-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Yep : D I just downloaded Audacity yesterday, and I actually tried some stuff. First of all I used the method I found on another topic (couldn't say where it was sorry, though I can link you the YT video)to create scary ambiant music, and then I tried some stuff on my own voice. Using Paulstretch, lowering pitch and tempo, I had some pretty scary results. I'll use those as "insanity whispers" in some extra-terrestrial maps, I guess.

Btw your avatar is cool, and reminds me of something ^^. I'm currently working on a map which is kind of an hallucination. It's a maze, and I wanted a statue to follow you when you wouldn't look. Not in all the maze, just in a few parts. I was thinking about using player look at callbacks (with the -1 setting for not looking), and setting statues active/inactive but I didn't really know what to do. ><...

Do the elders (yup, that's you guys) have any idea for that ? If not, well it'll be my first real scripting challenge :p.

10-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Find