Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with re-texturing door.
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47
Need help with re-texturing door.

Okay, this is sort of a compilation of issues or things I'm inquiring about.

First off... Are there any working models/scripts for the use of a Flare and/or Dynamite?

Second... I have a couple different series of texture files that I want to use as animated textures, similar to that of the worms in the Penumbra Tech Demo and the Dynamite Explosion images. I have looked through all the .hps files and other files but couldn't figure out how to make the images properly slide from one to the other.

Third... I have numerous .dds files that I want to use as a new texture for a door. The .dds file is the exact image I want the door to display on both sides and could care less about the door trims but filling those in properly would be nice as well. Problem is that when I apply the .dds, it is completely stretched horizontally and vertically unproportionately on both sides but one side is right side up and the other side is upside down. I guess I'm also looking for a plain door with no additional details to it, such as the castlebase_secret_door but I'm unsure as to whether or not that even has a hinge system or even how to do so.

I hope this was clear enough and any input is highly appreciated in advanced since I'm at a complete loss for all of these problems.

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 12:42 AM by GoreGrinder99.)
12-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Dynamite/Flare/Glow Stick in Amnesia? - Need help with new door and animated textures

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15307.html

this is a working glowstick model if i remember well.
12-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

RE: Dynamite/Flare/Glow Stick in Amnesia? - Need help with new door and animated textures

(12-11-2013, 10:11 PM)KiraImmortal Wrote: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15307.html

this is a working glowstick model if i remember well.

Thank you very much for the link!

-Grind to the Gore-
12-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

RE: Dynamite/Flare in Amnesia? Also need help with new door and animated textures

Well... For the animated textures, I can produce them as particle systems which I can't figure out why I didn't put that together before for whatever reason. I just have to find the time to create them now.

Also, I have solved the Dynamite and Flare in Amnesia, I've converted the models and wrote some scripts for them to work properly now.

The only issue I'm having now is the re-texturing of a door and finding a flat, plain door, which isn't all that important as replacing the texture correctly without distortions.

-Grind to the Gore-
12-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Find
Strembitsky Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Need help with re-texturing door.

If you have the dedication to create particle systems I don't see why you couldn't add some more time into your CS and just create the texture for a door. Although I'm sure it can't be too hard to find a plain door model.

The Nightmares v1.0 - Dreadful Fires WIP
12-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

(12-12-2013, 10:24 PM)Strembitsky Wrote: If you have the dedication to create particle systems I don't see why you couldn't add some more time into your CS and just create the texture for a door. Although I'm sure it can't be too hard to find a plain door model.

I clearly stated I have a texture for door models and the need for a plain, flat door isn't as important as getting the texture to wrap properly. I'm not sure if you have ever looked a texture before but there pretty mashed up with shapes and spaces and different alignments to fit the door properly, that is the issue I am having.

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 01:58 AM by GoreGrinder99.)
12-13-2013, 01:57 AM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13

What 3D program are you using? Maya or 3DSmax?
12-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Never mind, solved.

-Grind to the Gore-
12-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Find